PDA

View Full Version : need ideas how to set up my new enclosed trailer

alexschultz1
01-17-2011, 01:28 PM
where should i put my blowers and trimmers? also im trying to figure out how to make a "custom" 2 blower rack out of 2x4s, does anyone have any pictures or ideas on how to do this? the rack doesnt have to lock, but the blowers do need to be able to be held down so they dont fall when i hit bumps. ALSO which side do i put my racks on, the side with the door or the other side?

A&R Enterprise
01-18-2011, 01:22 AM
I have mine setup where everything I use the most is towards the rear of the trailer,Some guys might do it differently but it works for me.

rlong97150
01-18-2011, 08:16 AM
I use the Extreme racks in my trailer and have them on both sides of the trailer. 4 place trimmer rack and backpack sprayer on the right side with the trimmers at the back. Hand tools and backpack blower rack on the left with the blower at the back. My handheld blower sits up front on the floor. My 36 inch entry door is on the driver side of the trailer and I have a 60 inch side ramp on the passenger side. The trailer is 8 foot wide so I really dont have a problem with items on both walls plus its a lot easier to avoid something on the wall rather than the floor.

http://i52.tinypic.com/9qhfnt.jpg

Thanks

Bob

alexschultz1
01-18-2011, 07:26 PM
dont those extreme racks require you take permanently attach two metal brackets to the 2 strokes?

Landscape Poet
01-18-2011, 07:42 PM
dont those extreme racks require you take permanently attach two metal brackets to the 2 strokes?

they have alum. brackets of which you place two on each stick. They can be removed and if lost or additional are needed they are only like $7

dougdm
01-18-2011, 07:52 PM
RLong- Very nice set up. what size wb do you have up front. I was looking into the exact trailer that you have and was curious if a wb would be able to fit nicely or if it's really tight up there. I have the pistol grips and would love to get rid of that mower and buy a 48 toro hydro if it'll fit.

Thanks
Doug

Exact Rototilling
01-18-2011, 08:01 PM
I'm 100% sold on the Extreme racks for an open trailer, but isn't there an option like the extreme that is more ideally suited for an enclosed trailer [since it's secure by being enclosed] something to keep the trimmer from rotating, and flying off the rack due to bounce ...engine support etc.

Even a practical Jerry rigged system can be hidden from view. Just wondering....?

sweetz
01-18-2011, 09:03 PM
I'm 100% sold on the Extreme racks for an open trailer, but isn't there an option like the extreme that is more ideally suited for an enclosed trailer [since it's secure by being enclosed] something to keep the trimmer from rotating, and flying off the rack due to bounce ...engine support etc.

Even a practical Jerry rigged system can be hidden from view. Just wondering....?

Extreme racks are made for open OR enclosed trailers. Just check this link http://www.trailerracks.com/trimmerracks.html

rlong97150
01-18-2011, 10:12 PM
That was early in the year and there were actually 2 WB's in there. There is a 44 inch hydro pistol grip straight in and a 52 inch T2 walk behind in there sideways. I sold the 52 wb and replaced it with a 48 inch G3 as a dedicated bagger. I almost always have 4 mowers with me. 60 inch diesel in back, 48 inch G3 in middle, and 44 inch wb and 21 inch commercial nosed in under the workbench.

And the brackets on the trimmers weigh next to nothing. I actually use the open slots to hold kombi attachments.

Thanks,

Bob
Posted via Mobile Device