PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of this offer/postcard?

kgcs
01-17-2011, 01:58 PM
This is something I thought up to attract more customers at the beginning of the season. I already covered my own a$$ saying they had to at least have their property serviced twice to receive the gift or if they signed a contract, they could get it right away. Tell me what you think about the offer, or if I should word the terms different. In case you cant read the terms on the card, this is what they say...

*Offer only applies to new lawn care maintenance customers. Cannot be combined with any other discount or coupon offer. To be eligible for this offer you must sign a contract for lawn care maintenance for the 2011 season or wait until payment is received for 2nd lawn maintenance.

Thanks Alot

Front
http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee509/kirbygmc/NewPicture-1.jpg?t=1295290591

Back
http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee509/kirbygmc/NewPicture1-1.jpg?t=1295290591

mowerbrad
01-17-2011, 02:09 PM
Just say that they must sign a season long contract, completely do away with the 2nd payment deal. If someone decides to hire you for only two weeks, then you are going to start losing money.

Also scale down the walmart gift card image, its over powering the post card. You aren't advertising for walmart, you're advertising for your business.

kgcs
01-17-2011, 02:13 PM
The only reason I put the 2nd mowing thing in there is because not everyone want to sign a contract. Its not because I believe some one is going to stop service after 2 weeks its just I want to give them a second option. Your right about the gift card. I wanted to make it big to be noticed but now that I look at it, its kinda taking over the whole postcard.

Exact Rototilling
01-17-2011, 02:19 PM
In theory I like the idea. I was going to offer a Costco cash card for a similar type promotion but I never did....I prefer to promote MY business. What I have done is a free fall aeration for new customers but it does require at least 17 mowings to qualify. This year I'm considering your 5th mowing free since it's my 5th year in business.

mowerbrad
01-17-2011, 02:34 PM
The only reason I put the 2nd mowing thing in there is because not everyone want to sign a contract. Its not because I believe some one is going to stop service after 2 weeks its just I want to give them a second option. Your right about the gift card. I wanted to make it big to be noticed but now that I look at it, its kinda taking over the whole postcard.

But the gift card is to be used as an incentive for customers to sign a contract for the season as opposed to not signing a contract and just telling you to mow every week for the year.

So if you truely use the gift card as an incentive to sign a contract, you'll have customers thing, "Well I'm going to have him mow all year for me so if I just sign the contract I will get $25". Customers are then going to see the gift card as something that will entise them to sign a contract. And this way you will have guaranteed customers for the year.

kgcs
01-17-2011, 02:49 PM
Ok, I changed the terms saying only if you signed a contract. They are now below.

*Offer only applies to new lawn care maintenance customers. Cannot be combined with any other discount or coupon offer. To be eligible for this offer you must sign a season long maintenance contract.

This is what the front of the postcard looks like now.
http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee509/kirbygmc/NewPicture2-1.jpg?t=1295293686

kgcs
01-17-2011, 02:50 PM
I also just added to the terms that this coupon must be present.

4 seasons lawn&land
01-17-2011, 03:00 PM
At least around here, the people that would go for that due to the incentive would be such cheapo PITA's that I wouldnt want them. But thats here and your there so...

boneslawns
01-17-2011, 03:27 PM
i like the second one. Looks great. Im doing the same this year. Im useing Target gift cards though. A little higher end retail.

67ghiaTIV
01-17-2011, 04:14 PM
Are you shopping for the Walmart Clientele. I like the gift card incentive and it caught my eye but I would aim for a higher end local restaurant. Who knows maybe the restaurant would give a $25 GC for $20. Walmart shoppers are looking for deals.

mowerbrad
01-17-2011, 04:20 PM
Or do a prepaid visa card.

kgcs
01-17-2011, 04:27 PM
I do not want to do a pre paid visa. They have extra fees so its not worth it. Plus if I get a certain amount of giftcards from walmart, they give me a discount.

grass disaster
01-17-2011, 05:27 PM
i dont really fall for trickory when i buy something for myself. i just want a fair price for what i get.

i was thinking of offering a postcard with something like $10 for first mow....try out my service for $10 kinda thing. lawns under 1/2 acre only. what do you think of that?

kgcs
01-17-2011, 05:35 PM
I think it would be good if you added terms to it. If you don't, you will get burnt. Someone may use just once to get the $10 deal.
Posted via Mobile Device

grass disaster
01-17-2011, 05:39 PM
I think it would be good if you added terms to it. If you don't, you will get burnt. Someone may use just once to get the $10 deal.
Posted via Mobile Device

thats their call then i guess. if they like me they will hire me. if they dont i may never get a call back. seems fair to me.

kgcs
01-17-2011, 05:41 PM
Your right but there will always be that one cheapo who will take advantage of you
Posted via Mobile Device

grass disaster
01-17-2011, 05:43 PM
Your right but there will always be that one cheapo who will take advantage of you
Posted via Mobile Device

maybe 10 is too low. 25-30 is norm around here. maybe $15 is better? $15 is still a pretty decent deal. an attention getter i would think.

PetesLandscape&Supply
01-17-2011, 06:21 PM
Are you shopping for the Walmart Clientele. I like the gift card incentive and it caught my eye but I would aim for a higher end local restaurant. Who knows maybe the restaurant would give a $25 GC for $20. Walmart shoppers are looking for deals.

I agree 100% plus why promote "china mart" ....a higher end local business/restaurant sounds much better, but you do have a great idea.

GreenI.A.
01-17-2011, 06:42 PM
I'm not sure if walmart does it or not but check around with reseraunts and other places. Many of the large resteraunt chains will do a deal with you for around 50% off if you are purchasing a number of cards as a promotion

Exact Rototilling
01-17-2011, 11:32 PM
A free 5th, 7th or 11th cut will cost you less than that $25 card will if you have small lawns.

walker-talker
01-18-2011, 12:46 PM
You could possible contact a local restaurant and put their logo on the card and then split the cost of producing and delivering the postcards...a thought. It just look like you were doing a favor for Walmart my putting their name out there, why not save some money and use a local business.

matt spinniken
01-18-2011, 04:38 PM
I agree, and think that using walmart gift cards is sending the wrong message. Unless that is the kind of clients you are looking for. A nicer restaurant is a great idea.

In my opinion the postcard is very average. Try and add some images. A lot of printing companies offer design for really good prices, I would look into that.

Jpocket
01-18-2011, 05:44 PM
the only reason i put the 2nd mowing thing in there is because not everyone want to sign a contract. Its not because i believe some one is going to stop service after 2 weeks its just i want to give them a second option. Your right about the gift card. I wanted to make it big to be noticed but now that i look at it, its kinda taking over the whole postcard.

no contract....no cut!

PetesLandscape&Supply
01-18-2011, 07:10 PM
no contract....no cut!

I have contracts also but If they don't want to sign one I let it go...have 3 very good customers that are that way....plus what are you going to do if they sign a contract and drop you in a month ??...sue them ....good luck ! :)

GreenI.A.
01-18-2011, 08:13 PM
I have contracts also but If they don't want to sign one I let it go...have 3 very good customers that are that way....plus what are you going to do if they sign a contract and drop you in a month ??...sue them ....good luck ! :)

Thats a good point you have. Most guys here in MA don't even know it, but state law sales you can not have a contract for continueing service for lawn care / landscaping for residential accounts. You can sign a contract but all that is really doing is setting the price, either party can back out for any reason at any time. One time jobs are different ie cleanups, irrigation install, tree work, if you have a signed contract then the home owner can not back out.

greenhorn123
05-04-2011, 09:56 PM
I sent out postcards with offer "new customers can $100 on seasonal contract" sent 1000 this spring, got 6 calls, landed 4 of them. no one asked about the $100. we also did some door hangers with similar results.