PDA

View Full Version : 1 2 3 ICT v. 1 2 3 Hydro-Seed

TopNotchMowing
01-17-2011, 06:16 PM
I'm wondering what the basic difference is between these two products. Not real specifics like Kiril would give, just a small abstract, if possible. Mainly I'm thinking in fall overseeding projects involving aeration and Nature Pure 4-4-2 granules from TechTerra.

Barefoot James
01-17-2011, 07:38 PM
Same stuff but the hydro seed is just the tea with no food so you better have some OM for the microbes to munch on. How is that for simple!

I'm sure Bill has a better answer.

ICT Bill
01-17-2011, 08:00 PM
I'm wondering what the basic difference is between these two products. Not real specifics like Kiril would give, just a small abstract, if possible. Mainly I'm thinking in fall overseeding projects involving aeration and Nature Pure 4-4-2 granules from TechTerra.

Hydroseed is just the beneficials (dechlorinator included)

Instant compost tea is the dechlorinator, beneficials and accelerator, which is a ferment (much like making beer) of kelp, fish, humate, molasses and 8 micronutrients

Both are excellent for increasing seed germination, the hydroseed is less expensive for your application, 8 ounces in a 1000 gallon hydroseeder. one gallon of Hydroseed treats 4 acres

ICT Bill
01-18-2011, 04:53 PM
I forgot to mention that many compost tea brewers buy 1-2-3 Hydroseed for the known beneficials in it and add the mixture at the end of the brew

It is an inexpensive way to introduce, mycorrhizae, beneficial fungi and bacteria