PDA

View Full Version : A bit of new mower comparison...

SDLandscapes VT
01-17-2011, 06:45 PM
Folks

Looking for some on the ground info here--3 parts from serious operators

1) What is the new designation for what formerly was the Exmark Lazer Z HP w/ series 3 ultracut 52"? Please tear this machine apart--would like to know how hard it is to work on, pros-cons, flaws that need immediate addressing etc.

2) Hustler X-1 52" or 54"? Again tear this apart need to know about how easy it is to work on what are its strengths and weaknesses. Anything that is an Achilles heal?

3) Is it fair to compare a Vantage 52" to either of these machines and if used limitedly would it be a fair replacement for a 52" ZTR? Also what are the problems of the Vantage 52" and how easy is it to work on?

I m looking for specifics on times for oil changes, belt changes, hydro oil ease of changing and checking--how many zerks and ease of access

Have to it

oldclawn
01-17-2011, 06:50 PM
get ready for 3,335+ opinions.........

SDLandscapes VT
01-17-2011, 06:54 PM
To clarify--numbers I m looking for solid numbers

10 minute oil change w/ filter and can be done w/o dripping etc or oil filter is a PITA and is located so that you cannot get things on and off cleanly
How many zerks are they all easily accessible
Belts--do they require tools can you make a change on the fly in the field or is it better in the shop....

Numbers people numbers

Richard Martin
01-17-2011, 07:14 PM
This guy is a little demanding eh????

SDLandscapes VT
01-17-2011, 07:18 PM
Richard

I just need to cut through all the emotional preference BS......not looking for personal preference just user data.

Richard Martin
01-17-2011, 07:25 PM
Richard

I just need to cut through all the emotional preference BS......not looking for personal preference just user data.

Good luck with that... :laugh:

mowerbrad
01-17-2011, 07:37 PM
I don't think I've ever timed myself when changing the oil in the mower. Not like I try to see how fast I can change it.

Its going to be hard to find these numbers, but good luck to you anyway. :)

SDLandscapes VT
01-17-2011, 07:46 PM
Interesting comment MowerBrad

Changing oil is overhead or non-billable time....I think we should know how long it takes that way we can know all of our indirect costs--still have to recoup that time.

Greyst1
01-17-2011, 08:13 PM
The new pioneer series is the old Lazer Z HP. As for changing oil it takes me about 15 minutes. Zerks, i spend about 5 minutes.

Greyst1
01-17-2011, 08:15 PM
Oh btw, its all just nuts & bolts if you know what i mean. I've worked on mine and its quite simple to maintain. Nothing crazy