PDA

View Full Version : Equipment clean-up fee

POWER STROKE
01-17-2011, 09:16 PM
Who all has a equipment clean-up fee on their agreements for the customers that are too lazy :sleeping: to clean up the pets droppings. I charge a $5.00 clean-up feeis this a good price or not enough. whats yours if you have one.

Thanks in advance for any input

Lefet
01-17-2011, 09:20 PM
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=336442&highlight=dog+poop

JB1
01-17-2011, 09:23 PM
Who all has a equipment clean-up fee on their agreements for the customers that are too lazy :sleeping: to clean up the pets droppings. I charge a $5.00 clean-up feeis this a good price or not enough. whats yours if you have one.

with a fee like that, it would be the first and last time you mowed my yard.

walker-talker
01-18-2011, 01:07 AM
you're kiddin'....right?....lol

h2oskier
01-18-2011, 02:58 AM
Next will be a fee, if you cant use the customers bathroom to take a dump, come on. If people charged fees for stupid stuff like this we'd all get laughed off our customers property. Hey and just think next time your hot and sweaty at the store and the clerk ask you to pay a BODY ODER FEE.

Agape
01-18-2011, 03:14 AM
yeah, best of luck. If you leave a note or knock on the door and say " the dog droppings are getting to be a bit much, we need them cleaned the day before or we would be willing to clean up for you for $5 each time". usually they will be so embarrassed that you won't have a problem any more

elitefox
01-18-2011, 05:02 AM
yeah, best of luck. If you leave a note or knock on the door and say " the dog droppings are getting to be a bit much, we need them cleaned the day before or we would be willing to clean up for you for $5 each time". usually they will be so embarrassed that you won't have a problem any more

Ha Ha, so true..... Every customer is different though, some feel real bad a have it cleaned up, where others could literally give a chit less...

It's just part of the job if you ask me, kinda like grass stained shoes or grass all over your clothes/truck..

It can always be worse though, think if you had to area trim this part of the yard???? I'll take it on the tires :) :drinkup:

dolt
01-18-2011, 05:48 AM
What if there are toys all over the yard every time you go to mow and it takes 10 minutes to move of grass before mowing do you charge a fee of say $5

elitefox
01-18-2011, 05:56 AM
What if there are toys all over the yard every time you go to mow and it takes 10 minutes to move of grass before mowing do you charge a fee of say $5

Actually to that YES!!!!!

Dog bowel is one thing but if your customer is so lazy you have to be a yard nanny too, TIME is $$$$$$$$$$$$$ my friend

Had an account that actually I had to do this to. Once a month? No big deal.. Weekly? It becames a big deal

Lefet
01-18-2011, 07:12 AM

Actually to that YES!!!!!

Dog bowel is one thing but if your customer is so lazy you have to be a yard nanny too, TIME is $$$$$$$$$$$$$ my friend
Had an account that actually I had to do this to. Once a month? No big deal.. Weekly? It becames a big deal

Totally agree!!! Especially when they've got that gigantic trampoline that you have to move.

fireman gus
01-18-2011, 10:20 AM
We have a few that we have to pick up toys or cleanup trash before we mow. It upsets me but I bite my lips and do the work. If it is too much of a problem I will just raise the price a few dollars the next year and then if they still want us to mow we are being paid for cleanup also.

millenium_123
01-18-2011, 10:35 AM

Never heard of such a ridiculous idea. Just get over it and mow over it.

Robert Pruitt
01-18-2011, 12:38 PM
We have a few that we have to pick up toys or cleanup trash before we mow. It upsets me but I bite my lips and do the work. If it is too much of a problem I will just raise the price a few dollars the next year and then if they still want us to mow we are being paid for cleanup also.

I use the trash grabbers to pick up toys and trash. just mow over the dog crap. isn't it a fertilizer kinda like the cows?

alexschultz1
01-18-2011, 08:32 PM
honestly im so used to that nasty squish sound that it hardly phases me anymore. gross i know but its just second nature after 8 years

clydebusa
01-18-2011, 09:27 PM

My thoughts completely.. Just raise the price to make you happy!

mslawn
01-18-2011, 10:20 PM
We do not charge extra for doo-doo. Doo-doo in the tires treads don't harm anything. In fact, I have had a few guys smell worse than doo-doo on a few of those extremely hot humid days, where it rains for a few minutes every few hours, and then gets steamin hot again. Shirt gets soaked and then dries out a few times, stink is horrible. :hammerhead: