PDA

View Full Version : hurry up spring

turftracerhp
01-18-2011, 04:36 PM
i enjoy having the winter off but starting to wish spring would hurry up ibet everyone else is ready also

JB1
01-18-2011, 04:38 PM
i enjoy having the winter off but starting to wish spring would hurry up ibet everyone else is ready also

no not really , I'm enjoying right now.

Lefet
01-18-2011, 04:44 PM

To help you count

http://www.7is7.com/otto/countdown.html?year=2011&month=03&date=20&hrs=0&ts=24&tz=local&min=0&sec=0&lang=en&show=dhms&mode=t&cdir=down&bgcolor=%23CCFFFF&fgcolor=%23000000&title=Countdown%20To

BCL Services
01-18-2011, 05:33 PM

No, I am liking it right now here in my area. Mowing every other week or 3, not sweating my a$$ off and still making bank. :waving:

Agape
01-18-2011, 05:43 PM
love saving money, but bored and tired.
1 1/2 Months to go!!

ALC-GregH
01-18-2011, 06:04 PM
I'm liking it too. I'm making GOOD money using my atv and plow doing snow removal. It's been a little slow with just a few pushable snow falls. I did land a couple more mowing accounts in the middle of the winter. It just so happens, they have me doing snow removal and then find out that I do lawn service as well and bam, they said we want you to do it from now on too.

vanncann
01-18-2011, 06:25 PM
2 more weeks of hunting and then the work can come!!! Here in Alabama.

Florida Gardener
01-18-2011, 06:28 PM
Hell no! I don't want winter to end. We have about 6 more weeks until things start to pick back up and about 3 months until the oppressive heat and going 6 days a week....I'm def. not rushing time.

vanncann
01-18-2011, 06:57 PM
Come on dude... Work mean's money. Thats what you want??!

Mountain Peak
01-18-2011, 06:59 PM
I still have to get the new to me truck up and going and the new trailer set up, but other than that I'm chomping at the bit..... this will be our first year with a pesticide applicators license so we're really looking forward to the business.

Chevy z71
01-18-2011, 07:03 PM
In ready.....

alexschultz1
01-18-2011, 07:13 PM
I got a serious case of cabin fever lol. every morning i spend like 2 1/2 hours at the gym just trying to burn off some extra energy. COME ON SPRING!!!

Landscape Poet
01-18-2011, 07:47 PM
Come on dude... Work mean's money. Thats what you want??!

Check diamonds location, he is in FL with me, we set our accounts up on monthly payments...winter is our Every other Week time....it means our expenses go way down and the income stays the same. Spring for us means that the turf starts go crazy and every client wants every thing done right now. Good for the $ but winter is % wise is our most profitable time. Plus we get to catch up on all the personal stuff we missed during the year...because when our season hits it does not slow down until late October or Early November during a good year.

vanncann
01-18-2011, 08:00 PM
Check diamonds location, he is in FL with me, we set our accounts up on monthly payments...winter is our Every other Week time....it means our expenses go way down and the income stays the same. Spring for us means that the turf starts go crazy and every client wants every thing done right now. Good for the $ but winter is % wise is our most profitable time. Plus we get to catch up on all the personal stuff we missed during the year...because when our season hits it does not slow down until late October or Early November during a good year.

I'm in the extreme southeast Alabama so I do know what it's like...

PetesLandscape&Supply
01-18-2011, 08:16 PM
[QUOTE=turftracerhp;3861128]i enjoy having the winter off but starting to wish spring would hurry up ibet everyone else is ready also[/QUOT

Yes Yes Yes........I'm ready for spring .........:drinkup:

mowerbrad
01-18-2011, 08:38 PM
I thoroughly enjoy having the winter off but I do get a little restless since there isn't really much to do. Its really too cold out to work on any outdoor projects and I can't ski or snowboard well at all.

sweetz
01-18-2011, 08:55 PM
Hell and NO! I'm wanting a few more freezes!

Agape
01-18-2011, 09:57 PM

Same here in Oregon

Florida Gardener
01-18-2011, 11:05 PM
Hell and NO! I'm wanting a few more freezes!

Amen to that! If we can get one more in mid feb it will push things back to about april....I hope we get 3 more!
Posted via Mobile Device

sweetz
01-18-2011, 11:06 PM
Same here in Oregon

So you mow year round?

Florida Gardener
01-18-2011, 11:08 PM

Ahhh mike, people will never understand the landscape biz in Florida...I am looking forward to this year bc I know my biz is gonna blow up, but I still want to enjoy the winter.
Posted via Mobile Device

RHill
01-18-2011, 11:33 PM
Yes, the time off from mowing is nice. I just stopped mowing and mulching leaves about 3 weeks ago

Wecutgrass
01-18-2011, 11:43 PM
i cant wait for winter to be over. i dont make any money in the winter and it blows, theres no snow to move and its just cold enough so the grass only needs to be cut about once a month, except for a few homes. ):

LibertyFarmLandscaping
01-18-2011, 11:44 PM
It can stay winter forever as fas as I'm concerned. Monthly checks still coming in with only a few Rye grass props eow mowing, and commercial accounts with clean ups, pick up trash, and blow off concrete. :)

Agape
01-19-2011, 02:51 AM
So you mow year round?

mowing about every 3 - 4 weeks, same monthly pay

Agape
01-19-2011, 02:55 AM
no extra jobs tho.
having my dump truck painted blue, and got bigger signs for it- gonna put the currend ones in my dodge keeping me busy enough, but I'm itchin to get out and do something.

Dnryan
01-19-2011, 03:40 AM
time off? whats that? just when i thought winter was getting started here and the cold temps in the low 60's were moving in, now were having high 80's with no wind and no end in site. horrible i tell ya, just horrible. Melting all of our man made snow up in the mountains too. I miss winter...

Turfcutters Plus
01-19-2011, 09:45 AM
Hell no ! I'm enjoying being a rock star in BritBeat beatles tribute band . Going on a all expenses paid cruise with pay !! Hell yeah ! Going back to alaska this year also ......:cool2:

Wecutgrass
01-19-2011, 10:02 AM
I rather Be out making money
Posted via Mobile Device

PetesLandscape&Supply
01-19-2011, 10:06 AM
I rather Be out making money
Posted via Mobile Device

Me too.....but if they would pay me to stay home..I could go for that......................:cool2:

Wecutgrass
01-19-2011, 10:11 AM
Haha ya I'd be cool with that. I think I'm going to get my gravley 34z this week (: I'm pretty excited
Posted via Mobile Device

lawnkingforever
01-19-2011, 10:24 AM
I am still enjoying the time off. Mowing is the last thing on my mind. I still have 2 more weeks of deer season left. Then I am heading to Florida for a week. Way to early to think about it. Last season was a very long season, I am still recovering mentally and physically.

sweetz
01-19-2011, 04:11 PM
mowing about every 3 - 4 weeks, same monthly pay

good to know - Is everyone with a mower an LCO out there? It does rain quite a bit in your area doesn't it?

Landscape Poet
01-19-2011, 05:50 PM
Ahhh mike, people will never understand the landscape biz in Florida...I am looking forward to this year bc I know my biz is gonna blow up, but I still want to enjoy the winter.
Posted via Mobile Device

I do not know about blow up for me, but I have been giving a lot of thought about how much more I want to grow. Things are good right now and I do not know if I want to press my luck with the economy slowly slowly slowly moving. Lots of risk, lots of rewards.

I got a feeling that their will be a lot of planting going on this spring. I had in my mind that arboricolas had a pretty good cold sensitivity - seems like several this winter have just melted in the cold. Their is damage every property I have unless they are just real plan with verbinum surrounding the house and a palm or two. I have a feeling that sod is going to be in big demand to....especially early...which is always a fun time for it to be in demand.

Agape
01-19-2011, 06:26 PM
good to know - Is everyone with a mower an LCO out there? It does rain quite a bit in your area doesn't it?

rains a lot, enough not to take a day off when it does but rainy days are rain 10 minutes- dry for 45 minutes so a lot of "rainy" days we can stay kind of dry. there are as many guys with a mower and a ranger as any where else, I don't worry about em. scrub companies usually get scrubb customers. I'm working on getting my dump truck painted blue and my other truck freshened up so I look sharp. I'm very bored. lol

scagfreek
01-19-2011, 06:36 PM
we have had so much ice it is annoying and more coming Friday so we will have a lot of planting to do but heck get the work back on I'm cramped ready to cut on the 72 locking at getting a cheetah this year and a kut kwick so i will have a lot to do

travski
01-19-2011, 07:02 PM
hurry up spring. I am getting tired of making no money! I move snow, but I havent worked one single day this month. every storm passes my town over. 2 more months and spring will be here. I cant wait to make money again and stop staring at the same 4 walls!

PetesLandscape&Supply
01-19-2011, 07:05 PM
hurry up spring. I am getting tired of making no money! I move snow, but I havent worked one single day this month. every storm passes my town over. 2 more months and spring will be here. I cant wait to make money again and stop staring at the same 4 walls!

Yup.......the same 4 walls !.......I here ya ! :drinkup:

rain man
01-19-2011, 07:21 PM
Been ready and had a relapse. Cha-ching...

scagfreek
01-19-2011, 07:29 PM
yea same old brown walls sleep eat and hope for it to be here soon

Florida Gardener
01-19-2011, 11:29 PM
Well, If you want to stay solo, that is a choice to make. I know I don't want to, and I want to start on that road now. I have damage at some properties, but they were all prepped before each freeze so I shouldn't have to replace much. Now, as far as new customers, that is where I am hoping my phone rings off the hook b/c their yard boy didn't do the right stuff and they need a whole re-do. I know this year is going to be great. I know in your area you had colder weather and more than we did so even if stuff was prepped, a good portion probably died. I am hoping for at least 1 and hopefully 2 freezes in Feb.

FYI, I drove by Tiger's moms estate the other day. It is obscene. Def. a couple of g's a month for maintenance, all Bermuda. I'll try to get a pic for you.

Landscape Poet
01-21-2011, 05:05 PM
. I am hoping for at least 1 and hopefully 2 freezes in Feb. I am hoping so too. We just got pounded with 2 inches of rain today following getting slammed on Monday as well, soil temp is sitting around 68 degrees, so the turf is greening up well and giving growth....that means more work:cry::cry:. I was hoping for a little longer winter, I am dreading going back to full the regular schedule, I am in full winter mode.

FYI, I drove by Tiger's moms estate the other day. It is obscene. Def. a couple of g's a month for maintenance, all Bermuda. I'll try to get a pic for you.

Cool, any insight in to getting a contact for him yet?