PDA

View Full Version : Health insurance

familylawncare
01-18-2011, 05:43 PM
Does anyone have an affordable and realistic plan for Health Care for yourself and employees?
As most of you, our employees generally work 9-10 months a year, and are laid off the remaining months.
I would like to be able to offer full time folks some sort of decent health coverage. Just thinking about it, maybe we, as a company, could cover part of cost, with employees kicking in remainder, but not sure how to make this work well.
I have tried to get cost estimates for employees, but most plans are ridiculously high priced, practically out of reach for workers.
Also, there is a concern on how premiums would be paid by employees in the "off season".
Just looking for ideas or to see what other small companies do for Health insurance.
Generally we employ 5-10 full time workers in season.

RHayden
01-18-2011, 07:42 PM
I provide my employees a health insurance stipend option. They purchase their own individual HSA plan and I pay the majority of the premium. We have it set up thru payroll deduction to cover their part. My share is considered a taxable benefit for the employee. Group coverage has always been way out of reach for me to even consider.

lawnangel1
01-18-2011, 11:01 PM
Does anyone have an affordable and realistic plan for Health Care for yourself and employees?
As most of you, our employees generally work 9-10 months a year, and are laid off the remaining months.
I would like to be able to offer full time folks some sort of decent health coverage. Just thinking about it, maybe we, as a company, could cover part of cost, with employees kicking in remainder, but not sure how to make this work well.
I have tried to get cost estimates for employees, but most plans are ridiculously high priced, practically out of reach for workers.
Also, there is a concern on how premiums would be paid by employees in the "off season".
Just looking for ideas or to see what other small companies do for Health insurance.
Generally we employ 5-10 full time workers in season.

Hey guys how is the Ditch Witch working for you? We provide our Full Time employees, that work year round with 150 a month to go toward their health insurance, however they have to buy the insurance from us and our provider.
Most providers will also give you as the owner a big break on your insurance for having your employees use them. Most seasonal employees even if they are full time will not want the insurance. Also check into Aflac insurance, they have supplemental policies that pay cash to your employees if they have a claim.