PDA

View Full Version : weird problem

Junior M
01-18-2011, 08:46 PM
I've got a 2002 2500hd, 6.0 vortec

The digital gear selector on the dash is starting to flash along with the clock on the radio. Its weird. Like it isnt just flashing on and off, its flashing like it doesnt have enough power..

I've noticed it does it more often when I've got the lights on and I hit the brakes. But it doesnt seem to be running low on volts on the gauge. Other than the gauge goes down just barely when I roll the windows up and down and move the mirrors around..

Is it just another thing that I am paranoid about or is it really a problem like a battery or alternator?

Gravel Rat
01-18-2011, 08:53 PM
Check the body grounds it sound like your not getting a good ground from the cab to the frame/engine/battery There should be a bare wire strap that goes from the firewall to the engine. It could be not connected or it is dirty.

zak406
01-19-2011, 12:12 AM
My dads 99 silverado 1500 lost its milage and gear selector image (so to speak) a few years back, still have not got it fixed. Reason being if I remember correctly was cost. Sorry I cant be of more help but dont be suprised if they go completly out here soon. My dads truck has no ill effects from it, its just a pain in the ass. One other issue is finding a place that will pass inspection without known milage, lucky for us we have a guy thats not to strict.

Junior M
01-19-2011, 05:47 AM
My dads 99 silverado 1500 lost its milage and gear selector image (so to speak) a few years back, still have not got it fixed. Reason being if I remember correctly was cost. Sorry I cant be of more help but dont be suprised if they go completly out here soon. My dads truck has no ill effects from it, its just a pain in the ass. One other issue is finding a place that will pass inspection without known milage, lucky for us we have a guy thats not to strict.
There is no inspection here in SC...

And gr, I'll check that, I buried it like you wouldnt believe this past weekend. Turns out the road on our hunt club was wetter than I thought.. :laugh: