PDA

View Full Version : Follow Up Calls?

Icecat21
01-19-2011, 10:24 AM
I just launched my startup lawn service, posted about a third of my community with brochures.
I get a call a few days later from a lady looking to switch lawn services. When I met with her, she was unhappy with her current service. Her main concern was the zero-turns making ruts in the moist sections of her yard.

From what she said, I was exactly what she wanted: Local guy, Small business, Small mower. My price per cut is very fair compared to the local established guys, but a little above the under-cutters.
She asked me to write up a written estimate that included trimming her hedges around her house (I told her $10 per hedge trimming)
It has been about 2 weeks since we met, and so far, no call.

My instinct is to let her decide either way, so I haven't given her a call to follow-up.
Should I call and ask her if she had any questions? Or let the estimate sheet speak for itself and if she doesn't call me for a cut - so be it?
Do you usually follow up your meetings if you don't get a call withing a day or so afterwards?

Thanks for the help Fellas!

fl-landscapes
01-19-2011, 11:21 AM
In sales the most important call is the first and almost as important is the follow up. Timing is critical and hard sales can be a turn off......but you might not get the job if you dont ask.......follow up with her. "good afternoon Mrs._________ it was really nice speaking to you the other day at your property, I sent you an estimate outlining the work we discussed and was just calling to be sure you recieved it and had the time to look it over, do you have any questions? We start our first service the week of___________ would you like me to put you on our schedule?

walker-talker
01-19-2011, 12:46 PM
Yes, I would give her a call. If she says that she is still looking, tell her that is fine, but you are going to give her another followup call in the next month or 6 weeks. That's what I would do.

bohiaa
01-19-2011, 04:18 PM
We always do follow up calls. Also : " Off topic " for new customers we have a servey we send out after the 1st month of service. this is not only for them, But mainly for us.

Best of luck and keep us posted

Lux Lawn
01-19-2011, 09:15 PM
I always do follow up calls no later then two days after the estimate.

yard_smart
01-19-2011, 10:00 PM
All solutions are assigned a specific deadline for a positive response... Upon reaching the deadline with out a response the solution expires and is no longer valid.
I assign time and resources for each proposal I submit.
We are a stream line company and I tell my clients we are kinda like that Kia commercial - "you can get with this, or you can get with that"

Go back to the lady and say this "first name of the lady, (insert my second line), so with respect I need a decision made within 72 hours"
Posted via Mobile Device