PDA

View Full Version : Turftracrer 52" or Vantage 52"?

FinerCutslawnCare
01-19-2011, 03:14 PM
Well it looks like I will be needing to buy another walk behind and I have came down to either a turftracer of a vantage. I have a tthp and love it, but the new vantage looks nice. Anyone heard of how well they cut. My dealer said a vantage would only be another $400. I have done a search for the vantage but really haven't come up with anything as far as people saying how they mow and if they are better than having a walk. Please let me know!

KFLAWN
01-19-2011, 04:09 PM
for 400 I would go for the vantage. Also they both have the ultra-cut deck so I would say both are going to cut the same.

FinerCutslawnCare
01-19-2011, 04:11 PM
Very true. I heard the vantage controls will be hard to get used to, that is if you are walking behind it. I am wondering how it will handle on a hill also. But yes for $400 you would think it is a no brainer. One thing the vantage doesn't have is a floating deck to where the turftracer does.

MOHUSTLER
01-19-2011, 04:29 PM
In the stand on market there are other brands that will be better then the vantage. They do make a nice walk mower though.

Oakleaf landscape
01-19-2011, 07:01 PM
Yea, I would go with the turftracer. Very solid machine and as you mentioned the floating deck would be the reason I would go with it. If you do decide to go with a Stand-on machine though, I would look at Wright as their new stander X is very impressive.

gasracer
01-19-2011, 08:16 PM
Remember that the Vantage weighs over 400lbs. more(plus your weight on it) than the Turftracer.If you have soft lawns they will rut.

FinerCutslawnCare
01-19-2011, 08:41 PM
All of you make good points. As far as brand I am wanting to stick with exmark. Anyone else have an opinion? The vantage or tt will be used on commercial properties. They will probably never see a residential lawn there whole life.

gasracer
01-19-2011, 08:49 PM
The only other thing I have against the Vantage is you stand so far back on the platform it makes the front end light. You can add a weight kit but still touchy.

turftracerhp
01-19-2011, 08:50 PM
the tthp will cut on some hills where the vantage wont go and the cut is second to none everyone has an opinion and i would stick with the tthp and the vantage only comes in a 48 unless exmark made a 52 this year or is that incorrect i dont know thats just what i would do

sjessen
01-19-2011, 09:58 PM
The vantage deck is an ultracut while the tthp is a trivantage. There is some disagreement over which cuts best. My experience has shown that the ultracut is better in wet/damp conditions with less front blowout. If you are going to have only one mower the wb might be the better choice. Otherwise, I would lean toward the vantage. Btw, the vantage is available with 52" deck.

FinerCutslawnCare
01-24-2011, 08:46 PM
The vantage would be used for residential yards. The residential set up I currantly have planned this year is a 60" lazer and a 48" mower which is where a vantage or a walk come into play.

BadRancher
01-24-2011, 08:56 PM
I'm a stick with what ya know kinda guy, so I would keep on with what has already been proven for you! TTHP's are awesome.

FinerCutslawnCare
01-24-2011, 09:09 PM
I guess to solve this I am going to have to demo one? I do like my tthp, but I also like that ultracut deck!

BadRancher
01-24-2011, 09:18 PM
I guess to solve this I am going to have to demo one? I do like my tthp, but I also like that ultracut deck!

I'm not very up on what each deck does? What are the pro's and con's of the 2?

350yddr
01-24-2011, 09:23 PM
I need to add another mower to the fleet as well and would really consider a stander except that we've got to have a trac vac's for the clean ups. Biggest down side I find to the WB's is the sulky issue, we buy the good ones at $300 + and they always seem to have problems. Do love the TT w/ECS, though, well thought out machine, not the most productive (speed) but awesome quality of cut. Good luck.

StihlBR600
01-24-2011, 09:31 PM
Vantage all the way. Think about how much more productive you'll be. Its faster and you can use it as a walk behind

normower
01-24-2011, 10:53 PM
I heard someone who demoed a vantage say that it looses some traction when used as a walkbehind especially on hills.

sjessen
01-24-2011, 10:58 PM
Something else to keep in mind if you are used to using Exmarks with the ECS is that it takes some time to get used to the controls on the Vantage. The local dealer had a really tough time selling his demo because the guys were having trouble getting the hang of it.

ndols2
04-11-2011, 10:07 PM
I have had mine for a year, I love it, took about 15min to get used to the controls, and cuts awesome. and hills are no problem

ashgrove landscaping
04-11-2011, 10:38 PM
I'm actually leaning towards the vantage. It is one nice machine. I demoed one today and wished I hadn't bought a new walk behind last year. It will hold a hill like a walk behind. I couldn't believe it. And it's alot quicker.

knox gsl
04-11-2011, 10:55 PM
My first choice would be the Vantage and runner up would be the 52"TT and third place would be the 52"TTHP. I'm like you and really love Exmark but Wright does own the market in standers for a reason.

f50lvr2
04-12-2011, 01:56 AM
I bought a vantage 52" 24hp last year, here are my thoughts, hope they help.

For bumpy/rolling/uneven yards the vantage is inadequate, the floating deck tthp WILL give you a better cut on these yards. Exmark truly needs to address this on the vantage and move the engine up on the frame somehow and off the deck.

The vantage is extremely comfortable. I love the big platform on back. I'm about 200lbs and don't have problems with the front getting light. When I'm bagging grass I can put the bags on the platform and drive them back to the truck to unload - try doing that on a wright.

Cut quality it good, good clipping dispersal and the deck stays pretty clean in wet stuff.

Striping performance is adequate. WB's have always seemed to stripe better to me for some reason.

The Vantage is more productive in open areas than the TTHP, higher top speed and more comfortable.

Overall, if you're using it for smaller or more delicate residentials I'd vote for the TTHP. For productivity and comfort go with the Vantage.