PDA

View Full Version : should i project my business as I and not we?

grass disaster
01-19-2011, 06:55 PM
i have it on my web site as we.

i'm thinking of changing it to something more alonge the lines of Me being the owner and operatior.

Grass Master Lawn Sercice is a lawn care company owned and operated by me, ....

check me out www.grassmasterservice.com

i'm more after the residential/farmer/realtor business. i have a hard time selling a full service it townhomes and commercial accounts because i dont offer snow plowing or fertilizer services directly.

GunnPropertyServices
01-19-2011, 07:32 PM
i would stick with we not I. also realtors do not usually own alot of homes or property they buy and sell them for clients, if your trying to get business from realtors i would try to sell them on being able to increase curb appeal etc to help them sell more property etc

grass disaster
01-19-2011, 10:41 PM
any other solo guys use I? or is we what everyone uses.

walker-talker
01-20-2011, 02:42 PM
I have always struggled with this. "I" sounds a little more personalable, but "we" sounds like you are sucessful to the point your company is more than just you. If you read my "About Us" page, you will see that I am trying to use the angle that I am a solo owner/operator. I hear a lot of people complain about crews and how they did this and did that, but you rarely hear complaints about a solo guy. At least I don't hear many. But, on the other hand, if you read other pages on my site, I use to the word "we"...lol. So I guess either way...who knows.

bohiaa
01-20-2011, 03:06 PM
Allways make it a WE, Remember your company is a 3 rd person.

Especially when it comes to money

Ever hear of enbelzment?