PDA

View Full Version : How many have paypal settup on their website to accept payments.

jaybow
01-19-2011, 08:46 PM
I just added the option to my website for people to pay using credit cards. It goes into my paypal account. The only problem is when adding the pay button to my site I had to pick between a button that says pay now, or donate. I couldn't't use the pay now because you have to label a particular service with a particular price, and different people pay different prices not to mention have different services done. Its kinda hard to explain, but its what I'm stuck with for now. I was able to put directions under the link or donate button telling people they could pay their bill by clicking on donate. But I am excited to have the option. Even though I've only had a request for it one time in the past. What do you guys think?

Richard Martin
01-19-2011, 08:48 PM
I've had customers use it in the past. I just had them drop it in a specific PayPal account that I set up for that purpose.

grassman177
01-19-2011, 10:46 PM
i am looking and gathering info on this for our site with my webmaster. is the fees reasonable, and do you pass the fee on to the customer for this "convienience" or eat it yourself?

jaybow
01-19-2011, 11:00 PM
I just set it up today in a spur of the moment type thing so I will have to learn about the fees. I did send $20 through ti just to test it and the charge was something like 82 cents.So I will have to learn if its a set fee or if the fee increases along with the payment amount.
Posted via Mobile Device

GunnPropertyServices
01-19-2011, 11:17 PM
i use it on my web site and use the pay now button, the customer can set the amount to pay etc. only a couple customers use it but its nice to have. the one customer i have that uses it monthly pays $90.00 and takes out $2.91 each time

Mountain Peak
01-19-2011, 11:18 PM
The fees are not worth it for Paypal. I accept visa, mastercard, and discover through a reputable company for a great rate to help my customers out. I'm getting ready to go to straight credit cards here pretty soon.

Lawn-Scapes
01-20-2011, 01:43 AM
I have it on my site... you are free to take a look and use the code if you'd like.

grassman177
01-20-2011, 01:47 AM
I have it on my site... you are free to take a look and use the code if you'd like.

do you pass this on to the customer? or eat it, or price it into work? nice site too.

Fresh_Cut
01-20-2011, 02:50 AM
The fees are not worth it for Paypal. I accept visa, mastercard, and discover through a reputable company for a great rate to help my customers out. I'm getting ready to go to straight credit cards here pretty soon.

This is what I'm thinking as well. I've been using PayPal on my site for the past season and while I really like the ability to accept online payments, the fees are weighing on me as I look at the totals.
It comes out to be 3% of the payment made (approximately).

What is this "reputable company" you made reference to? How much are their fees? How hard is the setup process to add it to a website?

Puddle of Oil
01-20-2011, 03:20 AM
I just set it up a half hour ago. No monthly fees but you pay 2.9% + 30 cents per transaction.

BrunoT
01-20-2011, 07:38 AM
There are paypal hate websites around that tell of seller (on ebay) horror stories with customers coming back later and disputing the charges. And unlike credit cards, my experience with paypal doing the right thing hasnt' been great. Apparently if someone makes a sufficient complaint against you you could see your account frozen. (even the other money in it). It's a convenience, just be prepared for some potential hassles.