PDA

View Full Version : Snapper

LEO28
09-03-2002, 12:04 PM
I'm new to this forum. As a homeowner and not a lawn care professional, I have a question about Snapper walk behinds. I do my own yard, about three acres. I'm currently using an older Gravely Pro 40 walk behind w/ velky, belt drive, but I want something a little bigger, newer, and easier. I have an opportunity to buy a Snapper Pro Hyro 48 15hp Kohler walk behind w/ velky that is two years old with very little use for $1800. Snapper rates this as a commercial machine but I don't see Snappers discussed by many lawn care professionals. Does anyone know why and has anyone used Snapper Pro Hydros? Would this be a decent machine for my needs - the price seems right?

Samurai WeedWacker
09-15-2002, 12:16 PM
If you haven't seen Snapper discussed much, there is probably a reason. I think the prevailing philosophy is "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything."

Find out who repairs them. Ask about backlog. Find out how long it takes to get parts and the error rate on parts deliveries.

TurfGuyTX
09-15-2002, 12:30 PM
You don't see alot of talk about Snapper here, but they make good equipment. For that price, I'd probably be willing to buy it providing it checked out to be in good shape.