PDA

View Full Version : Navigator Question

KS_Grasscutter
01-20-2011, 10:58 PM
Was looking at the Exmark site, and it shows a dual tail wheel option. Is this two wheels close together, just like a stock MT Walker, or is it two tail wheels that follow in line with the drive wheels, similar to Walker's wide stance tail wheel option?

Also, has anyone used the Navigator dump bins? Do they work well? I use the Walker bins in my current Walker, and am happy with them even though it does leave some in the catcher that has to be dumped out. So far it's the best option I have to get clippings into the truck. Later on I would love to move to simply dumping on the ground and using a leaf vac to load the clippings in the truck.

It will be July or August before I am ready to upgrade. I really want to go with a Walker, possibly with a hgih dump, but am also considering a Navigator. One advantage I see towards the Navigator is the fewer grease zerks, and let's just say maintenance is NOT one of my strongest points :hammerhead:

ghunter502
03-31-2011, 08:05 AM
Do they have dump bins for the navigator now? I owned one a couple years ago it was a great machine I really did like it. I have owned a walker and a navigator I really liked the navigator more than the walker. I don't really remember why been to long ago. I think the reason I didn't like the navigator was dumping on that damn tarp. Good luck

elitelawnteam1
03-31-2011, 08:10 AM
i believe there are dump bins for it as an accessory

Jimslawncareservice
03-31-2011, 08:48 AM
yes its a 2 bin option now. its new for this year as well as a auto open door for the back. i myself is still undecided about purchasing a navigator

ProTouch Groundscapes
03-31-2011, 09:03 AM
my brother said the dump bins were a pain when he tried them out on the walker last year, no sure if the design is much different. but if your a one man show then that pretty much your only option.

there were several things i liked about the navi vs. the walker and vice versa. that exmark dealer sucked so i went with the walker from an excellent dealer with a good rep.

jetta
03-31-2011, 09:10 AM
both are good machines, the problem is thet only offer kohler as an engine option

Turf Dawg
03-31-2011, 09:18 AM
both are good machines, the problem is thet only offer kohler as an engine option

Or a Kubota in the Walker

Jimslawncareservice
03-31-2011, 09:24 AM

its just everything else ( back pack blowers, brands ect..) some will love the kohlers and hatem with a passion. I have had kawi, kohler, vangaurd, yanmar and honda. never had any problems with them getting well over the 1000 hour mark with lots of life left. i try to upgrade around that mark other wise i am sure i would get alot more out of them. last year i however did have 2 wrights that were totally abused but ran great. both had kohlers. i knew a guy who lost the oil plug on his kawi and its still running after being empty. it seems some people are just prone to have bad luck with no matter what type of engine. is it all bs? or is it real? only expierence will tell in the end. and when i buy a mower i look at price and hp not if it has a kohler, kawi, van gaurd, or what ever the case may be.

terrypiper
03-31-2011, 10:25 PM
one thing i saw that i liked on the navigator over the walker is the nav has all metal area where the grass goes to the blower where the walker has the plastic shute. also you can mulch at a certain % and bag at a certain % it looks like a good design but i dont know how well it works. i looked at one and am kind of in the same boat do i want to spend that much money or try and make it another year with my old walker. any way good luck out in hutch this season

CircleC
03-31-2011, 11:39 PM
I run a Navigator and love it. I considered a Walker for a time, but went with the Navigator due fewer maintenance issues (also I run all ExMark). As far as dumping goes I have been using a large tree pot. I planted a tree last year and it was in a giant black plasitic pot. It has worked great so far...some does fall out the sides a little but no biggie. Still light enough to lift into the back of my truck. I have been consider getting some of those Walker debris bags. Has anyone used them for dumping...seem to be a good idea...

KS_Grasscutter
04-01-2011, 12:04 AM
any way good luck out in hutch this season

Thank you, sir!

Ended up just buying a newer Walker, so either way I will NOT be buying a Navigator any time soon haha.

buck81
04-03-2011, 08:02 AM
Yes, they do make 2 bins that slide in the back of the hopper in the navigator.

johnslandscaping
04-03-2011, 10:34 AM
navigator or walker both are great machines just stay away from the 20hp models they seem under powered to me the 25-27hp models worked great for all of our bagging needs. Navigator has less grease fittings and less belts. I like the nav a little better but both all in all are about the same. good luck with your purchase.