PDA

View Full Version : Talking Rental Place into Buying Equipment

TopNotchMowing
01-21-2011, 02:14 AM
So I'd love to have the Lawn Solutions aerator, like many others but don't have the money to get it currently. I was thinking about calling a couple local rental shops here and pleading with them to buy one so I can rent one and get the ball rolling on some new business, while also making money for myself. What do you think would be the best strategy for going about this? Simply call and say I think it would be sweet if they bought one? Or should I try to have some facts together and almost sell them? Or should Lawn Solutions call them and it's not really my area to interfere?

TopNotchMowing
01-21-2011, 02:22 AM
We have 3-4 locally, one already carries one of Lawn Solutions' seeders.

JDUtah
01-21-2011, 07:38 PM
IMO the key is to generate interest. Not with them, but with your competitors, I mean friends. Talk to other LCO's and get them hyped up about it and have them also talk to the same rental place. If enough people ask, they will see a market for it.

Snowy66
01-21-2011, 10:38 PM
I remember David saying in another thread to send him the info on your rental store and he would do the selling and convince them to stock one of their units.

knox gsl
01-21-2011, 10:45 PM
Check Home Depot, they carry the 6hp model, and its still better than most rental ones.

TopNotchMowing
01-22-2011, 07:49 PM
We don't have a Home Depot here. Got a link for the thread you mentioned about David?
Posted via Mobile Device

Snowy66
01-23-2011, 03:16 AM
No. I don't remember the thread but I'm sure if you PM lawnsolutions CP he will help you out.