PDA

View Full Version : for those of you who wanted to see the power barrow

grassman177
01-21-2011, 06:50 PM
here is a couple of pics of the power barrow. i know a few of you guys had asked for a while to see it better, well i finally got around to taking some pics today. here ya go

Agape
01-21-2011, 07:11 PM
Nice, pretty basic tho. not sure i'd pay more than $1200 for it unless the dump has a hydro assist.
must be nice on hills!

01-21-2011, 07:19 PM
You would pay $1200 for that?! Id have a hard time paying $500!

Ducke
01-21-2011, 07:24 PM
That is pretty neat but is it any more practical then a couple of wheelbarrows
and a couple young bucks to move them ???

grassman177
01-21-2011, 07:32 PM
it is nice for those long hauls for large loads of mulch, realy awesome for rock. it is not useful on small areas, but we have plenty where the distance is long and the hills are too much to push all day long.

i have no idea on the price we paid.

it is tilted to when you release the hopper catch mechanism, it falls foward. it is made to do so. hydro dump of course would be optimal, but the price i am sure would UN justify its practicality

grassman177
01-21-2011, 07:34 PM
we have tow double wheeled regular barrows that we use for mulch and whatever, but this proved useful for the above mentioned reasons. river rock was the biggest use for it

SouthSide Cutter
01-21-2011, 08:18 PM
Wish we had it when we redone ours. We put down about 50 ton of large river rock and broke the handles out of the wheelborrow. Would be a real plus on the rock.

Clark Griswold
01-21-2011, 08:26 PM
Be nicer if it had a spreader attachment on it too!

robertsturf
01-21-2011, 08:28 PM
It is awesome on gravel!! We have one too and ours is bigger!!! Lol...

grassman177
01-21-2011, 09:10 PM
hey now, i thought we got the biggest one made!

they did however put the cheaper more flimsy hopper on it as they discontinued the heavy one. we plan on beefing the hopper up a bit for extra heavy loads.

GravelyGuy
01-21-2011, 09:55 PM
I'll stick with the gator haha.

grassman177
01-21-2011, 10:43 PM
well yeah!!! we also have a bucket loader on the tractor, but it can be too heavy in wet lawns and more tool than needed in many instances

Agape
01-22-2011, 02:19 AM
Wish we had it when we redone ours. We put down about 50 ton of large river rock and broke the handles out of the wheelborrow. Would be a real plus on the rock.

except that its the same plastic as the two wheeled barrow that I have and I can say river rock would tear it. you woild do well to back the screws out and put large oversized washers behind the bolt heads in the bucket and the carriage bolts like to spin in the soft plastic. ( if anything like my barrow).
they make a kit to go on walk behinds that I was looking at.

Can anyone find a price on that thing?

grassman177
01-22-2011, 02:49 AM
yeah, we are going to toughen up the hopper in a few ways, but have not used it too much yet to cause any damage. could also jsut find a goo large hopper made from steel and bolt it on instead, depending on costs vs beefing up this one.

Agape
01-22-2011, 02:56 AM
yeah, we are going to toughen up the hopper in a few ways, but have not used it too much yet to cause any damage. could also jsut find a goo large hopper made from steel and bolt it on instead, depending on costs vs beefing up this one.

washers or better yet, a piece of flat steel across the front, and across the back with bolt holes in them.

robertsturf
01-22-2011, 09:34 AM
except that its the same plastic as the two wheeled barrow that I have and I can say river rock would tear it. you woild do well to back the screws out and put large oversized washers behind the bolt heads in the bucket and the carriage bolts like to spin in the soft plastic. ( if anything like my barrow).
they make a kit to go on walk behinds that I was looking at.

Can anyone find a price on that thing?

Ours already has a plate on the bottom of the barrow. It is the heavier plastic too not like the normal 2 wheel barrow plastic!! Already ran 8 tons of gravel with it and no scratches!!

a plus bob
01-22-2011, 09:45 AM

Thats what I was thinking find a good fab guy and have him build you a heavy box for it.I would love to have one.

demhustler
01-22-2011, 10:33 AM
now, you need sulky (or standing platform) .... : )))))

grassman177
01-22-2011, 11:16 AM
washers or better yet, a piece of flat steel across the front, and across the back with bolt holes in them.

that is what i was thinking mate

grassman177
01-22-2011, 11:17 AM
Ours already has a plate on the bottom of the barrow. It is the heavier plastic too not like the normal 2 wheel barrow plastic!! Already ran 8 tons of gravel with it and no scratches!!

yeah, for some reason they discontinued that heavy duty hopper!:confused:

Agape
01-22-2011, 11:28 AM
yeah, for some reason they discontinued that heavy duty hopper!:confused:

Maybe they said "This heavy duty hopper thing will never catch on" lol

grassman177
01-22-2011, 03:48 PM
no idea, stupid really, but i think it had to do with availablity from the manufacturer of the hopper. who knows, i have not looked at the website, but maybe they found another one to use since last year when we bought this one.