PDA

View Full Version : npr gas or diesel ?

ilovegrass
01-21-2011, 11:05 PM
we r looking to add a npr this spring.. what is your view on these trucks ?gas or diesel ???? pros and cons :confused:

SNAPPER MAN
01-21-2011, 11:25 PM
I know as of 2011 they do not offer the gas option anymore because they are no longer partners with gm. The diesel is a better option anyways. I too am looking to add one later this year.
Posted via Mobile Device

Gravel Rat
01-21-2011, 11:51 PM
You want the diesel cab over, I can't imagine the gas powered ones are that good anyways. They use the 6.0 engine which is a pig on fuel in a pickup truck, one in a cab over must be even worse.

morturf
01-23-2011, 09:14 PM
I own a Mit/fuso diesel and a isuzu 6L. They each have their own advantages. The fuso gets better mileage but the isuzu pulls heavy trailers better. I get about 12-14 in the mit and 8 to 11 depending on what i am pulling with them. I like them both. good luck with your decision.

wtxkid
01-24-2011, 09:53 PM
I have a couple of isuzu npr cc diesel and a mits cc diesel. We just bought a super lawn truck with a 6.0 gas and we will see. All I know is they beat the heck out of all the Ford f350 6.0 diesels that I have. Wish I would have four more isuzus with even a rubber band driving them rather than all the ford I have that break down three times a year with God knows what and cost 4000 every time you touch them. i think either way youll be ok. We never work on the nprs or the mits. Good luck

PLS-Tx
01-25-2011, 10:02 AM
Where do you take a NPR diesel if you need to have if worked on?

Will any shop that works on diesels work on them?

wtxkid
01-25-2011, 11:05 AM
Honestly, besides one time where the mits alternator went out and basic maintenance, we have never done any repairs that required help. We have changed brakes on the mits bc it doesnt have exhaust brake but it was pretty easy. It had two calipers per wheel if I remember right. We take them in once a year to the isuzu dealer in fort worth for the oil air and fuel and thats it. Keep tires rotated bc the front will round off. They are awesome trucks. Im sure they are expensive to work on major, but they have been way cheaper on us compared to trucks and trailers, which are always broke down.

PLS-Tx
01-25-2011, 11:49 AM
Honestly, besides one time where the mits alternator went out and basic maintenance, we have never done any repairs that required help. We have changed brakes on the mits bc it doesnt have exhaust brake but it was pretty easy. It had two calipers per wheel if I remember right. We take them in once a year to the isuzu dealer in fort worth for the oil air and fuel and thats it. Keep tires rotated bc the front will round off. They are awesome trucks. Im sure they are expensive to work on major, but they have been way cheaper on us compared to trucks and trailers, which are always broke down.

Did you purchase yours from industrial power, www.iptruck.com in Fort Worth?

How many miles do you have on yours?

Thanks

wtxkid
01-25-2011, 11:59 AM
I have purchased a few from them and a couple from private dealers. We have a few with around 80k and another with 70k I think. We bought another new one this month and thinking about one more in March but we will see. They really are nice. Are you looking for a single cab or crew cab. The crew cab Mitsubishi we are going to sell and replace with a crew cab wtith a dump. It is a 2006 model I think. Let me know if you are interested. It runs great like all of them. Just put new brakes all around. Set up with onboard fuel, racks and all of it.

PLS-Tx
01-25-2011, 02:26 PM
I have purchased a few from them and a couple from private dealers. We have a few with around 80k and another with 70k I think. We bought another new one this month and thinking about one more in March but we will see. They really are nice. Are you looking for a single cab or crew cab. The crew cab Mitsubishi we are going to sell and replace with a crew cab wtith a dump. It is a 2006 model I think. Let me know if you are interested. It runs great like all of them. Just put new brakes all around. Set up with onboard fuel, racks and all of it.

I have been looking at single cabs. Did IP treat you good, would you buy from them again?

wtxkid
01-25-2011, 02:34 PM
I definitely would buy from Geno Solon or John Ellison either one. Call Geno and tell him Jenson referred you over. He is a good guy and will work for you.
Let me know what you end up buying or come by and see us why youre up here.