PDA

View Full Version : x-one prices?

grass disaster
01-22-2011, 10:07 AM
anyone get prices on these new mowers?

just wondering how they compare to toro-exmark-john deere-everride(gravely)

rwaters
01-22-2011, 11:13 AM
anyone get prices on these new mowers?

just wondering how they compare to toro-exmark-john deere-everride(gravely)

They list from $9500 to $10400 depending on deck and engine size. But they have some spring specials that would allow the dealers to be lower then that in the spring. The only one on your list that might be lower would be everride as they will be dumped this year(no longer making them)

Turf Dawg
01-22-2011, 11:44 AM
I just looked at the website and the only Stander X they have listed right now is the one they are currently selling. The Stander X 52" cut with 24 horse Kaw and HD aircleaner was 8844.00. That is list price co I am sure you might could get them cheaper.

djagusch
01-22-2011, 01:40 PM
I just looked at the website and the only Stander X they have listed right now is the one they are currently selling. The Stander X 52" cut with 24 horse Kaw and HD aircleaner was 8844.00. That is list price co I am sure you might could get them cheaper.

He's looking at a new hustler riding mower the x one, not a wright mfg unit.

I think if you go to any of those brands you will find mowers in the same price range with the same features. I would stay away from the hustler for a year just to get the kinks out of it. I have ran hustlers and think the qc is alittle low compared to a toro/exmark/scag. For the price of a xone I would be looking at a scag wildcat/exmark/toro.

What part of mn are you in? Alex area?

Of course if a dealer is poor just don't even look at that brand.
Posted via Mobile Device

Turf Dawg
01-22-2011, 02:29 PM
What is that SMELL??? Oh, my head was up my butt--------sorry

TheOctagon
01-22-2011, 04:38 PM
Just head to mankato to Kaye Corp. and buy one right from the distributor. Thats the main reason i am not a Hustler Dealer. I've heard too much of that and dont agree with it so i will stick w/ my Ariens/Gravely, Badboy and Scag.

dtc0207
01-22-2011, 05:06 PM
Just head to mankato to Kaye Corp. and buy one right from the distributor. Thats the main reason i am not a Hustler Dealer. I've heard too much of that and dont agree with it so i will stick w/ my Ariens/Gravely, Badboy and Scag.

You make no sense you bash hustler but sell badboy which is the worse they equipment and parts direct including allowing customers to do their own warranty I'm lost why you carry them
Posted via Mobile Device

rwaters
01-22-2011, 06:15 PM

I have never heard that about Kaye Corp in fact I get sales leads for Hustler mowers from them all of the time.... And Bad Boy sells mowers and parts direct, shouldn't you be pissed at that?

TheOctagon
01-22-2011, 08:47 PM
I know what you are saying but parts are one thing, its quite another to sell a mower for dealer cost to someone just because they came to your distributor. At least if badboy sells a mower from the factory they sell it for what anyone else has to pay for it as an end user. No undercutting the dealer. Thats all im concerned about. Parts are the same price too plus freight out of Arkansas is high. I have talked to several people who have gotten stuff factory direct for way too cheap from the distributor. Badboy is getting better as their dealer network increases. I wasnt totally badtalking them either i was more suggesting he would get his best price that way.

djagusch
01-22-2011, 08:49 PM

I have had my dealer make a apt with kaye to look at mowers. I picked out what I wanted and my dealer ordered it. Couple days later it was at my dealer for pick up. I would guess a person could pay for a mower at the dealer and pick it up at kaye. But I wasn't asked or pushed what so ever to buy anything at kaye. I've talked to them about plow parts etc and I still would need to go through a dealer. Only way I know of buying something direct is by an employee buying one and reselling it to you.
Posted via Mobile Device

TheOctagon
01-22-2011, 08:51 PM
I have never heard that about Kaye Corp in fact I get sales leads for Hustler mowers from them all of the time.... And Bad Boy sells mowers and parts direct, shouldn't you be pissed at that?

Where are you located waters?

TheOctagon
01-22-2011, 08:53 PM
I have had my dealer make a apt with kaye to look at mowers. I picked out what I wanted and my dealer ordered it. Couple days later it was at my dealer for pick up. I would guess a person could pay for a mower at the dealer and pick it up at kaye. But I wasn't asked or pushed what so ever to buy anything at kaye. I've talked to them about plow parts etc and I still would need to go through a dealer. Only way I know of buying something direct is by an employee buying one and reselling it to you.
Posted via Mobile Device

That i can see happening too but i just talked to a dealer who had this happen to him so i know its true.

djagusch
01-22-2011, 09:05 PM
That i can see happening too but i just talked to a dealer who had this happen to him so i know its true.

Was it a demo? Did the customer write the check to kaye? Did kaye sell a mower to the person but the paperwork/money went through a dealer? I can see them selling something through a dealer if its old or a demo. They may have dealer willing to push the paper to help them get old stuff out.

Basically a dealer told you he missed a sale because of the kaye selling him one. Most likely through the customer or seeing it on his trailer etc. I doubt he saw the check or knows what exactly happened.

I wouldn't blame them to hustle a sale through a local dealer before he changed his mind on a 2yr demo or somthing like that.
Posted via Mobile Device

djagusch
01-22-2011, 09:07 PM
Also selling badboy is no different. I couldn't imagine selling bb, cheap mower with a short warranty.
Posted via Mobile Device

TheOctagon
01-22-2011, 09:21 PM
Yes i agree BB is not to the standards of some mowers but you have to remember that i dont deal with too many commercial guys. i have sold 50 BB mowers in the last 3 years. Mostly deal with farmers and acreage owners. I have Scag for the high end of things. BB does some things i dont agree with but they have done well for me. The outlaw was a big step forward. Dont get me wrong its not like i dont like hustler. They are nice machines i just dont see where the extra cost is in them vs the bb. Maybe this year with the new deck and hydros there will be a bigger difference but as of last year they were too similar to me. I'm sorry just givin my 2 cents on the deal. I didnt get exact details on the transaction but when a dealer tells you that you tend to believe them.

Penncare
05-12-2011, 09:16 AM
Local dealer has x-one 60 with 31 kawi for $8000, super z 60 with 31 kawi $10,300

jelgan
05-12-2011, 02:48 PM
Just bought one-cash out the door with flex forks--and Indiana sales tax for just bearly over $8000

weeze
05-12-2011, 06:56 PM
here an x-one with 26hp kawi and 54" deck was $8800 before tax...that's why i got a john deere z920a with 26hp kawi and 54" deck for $7900 before tax...the john deere holds one more gallon of gas in the tank and has larger pumps as well so it made my decision easier.

Penncare
05-12-2011, 07:34 PM
I was also interested in the Deere, but when I went by the John Deere dealer they told me that the Z930A with 60" MOD deck is $11,300 before tax of 7%. Told them I did not like it that much. I love the idea of MOD but at that price I can buy the x-one and a walk behind. Seems around here Deere is very proud of itself. That is a good price for the x-one with the forks.

benjaminesh
05-12-2011, 08:36 PM
Just paid $8350 for a 60" deck with 26 hp Kawi. I have almost 100 hours on it so far and love it. The new deck is a big improvement

weeze
05-12-2011, 10:59 PM
I was also interested in the Deere, but when I went by the John Deere dealer they told me that the Z930A with 60" MOD deck is $11,300 before tax of 7%. Told them I did not like it that much. I love the idea of MOD but at that price I can buy the x-one and a walk behind. Seems around here Deere is very proud of itself. That is a good price for the x-one with the forks.

yeah that mod deck is an extra $1000...the more hp and bigger deck the more you are gonna pay lol...the z925a has 27hp...only 1 more hp than the one i got and it was $750 more...not worth it to me lol..gets worse gas mileage too since it has a bigger block engine...you can get a super z cheaper than $11k so get that or a scag turf tiger...they are around $10k...the bigger engine john deeres are expensive...stick with 26hp or they have a 22hp which would be ok with a 48" deck.

the tax when i bought my mower was only 2.5% for some reason...must be some kind of farm/agriculture rate for alabama or something...sales tax is normally 7%-10% here depending on where you live.