PDA

View Full Version : New Postcard Design

domain311
01-22-2011, 12:00 PM
We've never done postcards before...so this season we decided to give it a shot. Seems like a lot of people are talking about them on here again lately...its that time I guess. Looking forward to see what our ROI might be...for now, we plan on sending 3x.

Here is the latest proof and I think we're about finalized. Would appreciate feedback or thoughts to see if maybe we can improve anything. Thanks.

DaytonBioLawns
01-22-2011, 12:13 PM
We've never done postcards before...so this season we decided to give it a shot. Seems like a lot of people are talking about them on here again lately...its that time I guess. Looking forward to see what our ROI might be...for now, we plan on sending 3x.

Here is the latest proof and I think we're about finalized. Would appreciate feedback or thoughts to see if maybe we can improve anything. Thanks.

Looks good. And uses my truck color as the base. I think I might show this to my marketing/sign guys and they can alter it. Very good job and good plan for 3 mailings. Good luck this season.

Lefet
01-22-2011, 12:17 PM
Nice design, FRESH colors, makes ya think beachy, ties right in with your name. Nice job, good luck with them.

domain311
01-22-2011, 12:23 PM
Cool...thanks for the input thus far.

I forgot to mention we are also updating our website right now and will have it complete before sending our first batch. Pretty much re-doing the whole thing so it should look good once we're done.

earthly
01-22-2011, 01:38 PM
Who is doing your new website for you?

earthly
01-22-2011, 01:39 PM
Postcard looks great, good luck!

domain311
01-22-2011, 01:43 PM
Who is doing your new website for you?

A provider on Elance.com. I can't stress enough how many good people you can find on there. From logo design to marketing content for a sales pitch or new slogan...our original logo we had done on there about 10 years ago and have used the site ever since.

rnd
01-27-2011, 01:51 PM
visit rndsigns.com to see hundreds of layouts on door hangers, brochures, postcards, newsletters. Very easy to put together and you have full rein of using our images when you us create the artwork.

You can also download our marketing handbook and planner

bohiaa
01-28-2011, 01:02 PM
It can run into some money. Be carefull, the return is NOT so Great.

We will do things like this when we have made too much money and need more tax writeoff's. other than that It's NOT a good way to advertise.

the retuen rate is WAY to low.
Flyers and post cards are about the same 1 to 2 and maybe 3%

your results may vary

walker-talker
01-28-2011, 04:03 PM
Last time I did postcards, which was about 5 years ago, I got about 1.7% response rate and I only sent out twice. 3x will do better.

bohiaa
01-28-2011, 04:12 PM
Last time I did postcards, which was about 5 years ago, I got about 1.7% response rate and I only sent out twice. 3x will do better.

Yea, post cards are better as of tax reasons. it's a total write off. as in Advertiseing. But when you pass out flyers ya cant claim the man hours worked as advertisement.

seems like customers are like Children.... Over Priced

Lux Lawn
01-28-2011, 06:08 PM
Postcards look nice, they seem to be well thought out. I plan on doing cards as well this year. I am going to do them at least 2 or 3x.
Good luck.