PDA

View Full Version : WTB: 36" walk-behind...I'm in Indianapolis!

froglawn
01-22-2011, 12:33 PM
Hey guys,

I am looking for a 36" walk-behind (either belt or hydro is fine). Looking for a reasonably priced used unit just to get in fences... I am willing to travel a little bit if the price is right. Thanks! :)

meets1
01-22-2011, 01:33 PM
I have a 36 hydro exmark unit. I will have to check at shop for engine and hours, and post a picture. What is reasonably priced to you? I could always stand a little road trip and meet somewhere. Shoot me your email by PMing me and I will be back at shop monday and get more info.

JeffW0011
01-22-2011, 03:55 PM
Hey guys,

I am looking for a 36" walk-behind (either belt or hydro is fine). Looking for a reasonably priced used unit just to get in fences... I am willing to travel a little bit if the price is right. Thanks! :)

I have a 36" Ferris belt drive I would part with if the price was right. It has been very well maintained and in excellent shape. I bought it from a homeowner (original owner) this past spring. It had been sitting in her barn unused for the past few years. I took it straight to the shop and spent a couple hundred getting it all checked out and serviced. It is a great mower.....I bought it in the spring as a backup walk behind as I was in the midst of a bad run of equipment breakdown.....Literally, had it on the trailer 4 or 5 times last year and it's just taking up space in my small shop. Hope to sell and/or trade this unit and a 52" Great Dane Surfer to acquire a decent used ZTR this year. Would sell the Ferris for $1000.00 firm which is a little less than I have in it. It is a hell of a mower for $1000.00 and ready for work. It doesn't have an hours meter but I bought it from a lady at a real good price. Her husband had passed and she stuck it in the barn and hired her lawn maintenance and she was getting ready to move and wanted it gone. She said her husband had used it to maintain their lawn and he had bought it 4 or 5 years before he passed. She was guessing it was about 7 years old and had not been used once the last 2 plus years she had it so suffice it to say it does not have many hours on it. Let me know if interested and I can take some pictures next week.

froglawn
01-24-2011, 09:59 AM
I have a 36 hydro exmark unit. I will have to check at shop for engine and hours, and post a picture. What is reasonably priced to you? I could always stand a little road trip and meet somewhere. Shoot me your email by PMing me and I will be back at shop monday and get more info.

PM sent!! .....reasonable all depends on the condition, hours, etc....really cant say unless I have more info THanks!

froglawn
01-24-2011, 10:02 AM
I have a 36" Ferris belt drive I would part with if the price was right. It has been very well maintained and in excellent shape. I bought it from a homeowner (original owner) this past spring. It had been sitting in her barn unused for the past few years. I took it straight to the shop and spent a couple hundred getting it all checked out and serviced. It is a great mower.....I bought it in the spring as a backup walk behind as I was in the midst of a bad run of equipment breakdown.....Literally, had it on the trailer 4 or 5 times last year and it's just taking up space in my small shop. Hope to sell and/or trade this unit and a 52" Great Dane Surfer to acquire a decent used ZTR this year. Would sell the Ferris for $1000.00 firm which is a little less than I have in it. It is a hell of a mower for $1000.00 and ready for work. It doesn't have an hours meter but I bought it from a lady at a real good price. Her husband had passed and she stuck it in the barn and hired her lawn maintenance and she was getting ready to move and wanted it gone. She said her husband had used it to maintain their lawn and he had bought it 4 or 5 years before he passed. She was guessing it was about 7 years old and had not been used once the last 2 plus years she had it so suffice it to say it does not have many hours on it. Let me know if interested and I can take some pictures next week.

Yes I am interested....Please send me some pictures!!! I need to buy a 36" ASAP.

froglawn
01-24-2011, 10:03 AM
Please keep them coming guys....Anything else out there?

froglawn
01-25-2011, 11:17 AM
bump up....STILL LOOKIN GUYS PLEASE KEEP EM COMING! :)

Wecutgrass
01-25-2011, 11:34 AM
hey i have my scag WB up for sale currently. i am a little far from you...new orleans la...but here is the info about it if you are interested.
I have up for sale my 36" scag walkbehind. It has the 14 kaw on it. It is belt driven with pistol grips. i just had a new started put on it because i pulled the other one apart by accident. One tire in the back is also brand new. I had the belt replaced about 10 hours ago on it. I think the mower is a 1997. I am the second owner and it has very low hours on it. The orginal owner had it in his garage and only used it when his ztr broke to mow him own lawn. I brought this mower during the summer. This mower comes with a velke x2 and also a bagger. You do need to buy a new mounting kit for the bagger and it cost 50 dollars. because i lost one piece off it. i use it with zip tires currently. here is the link... http://www.grasspacker.com/grasspack...essories.shtml
I am looking to get 1400 for everything. I will post pictures when i get home.

froglawn
01-26-2011, 09:02 AM
hey i have my scag WB up for sale currently. i am a little far from you...new orleans la...but here is the info about it if you are interested.
I have up for sale my 36" scag walkbehind. It has the 14 kaw on it. It is belt driven with pistol grips. i just had a new started put on it because i pulled the other one apart by accident. One tire in the back is also brand new. I had the belt replaced about 10 hours ago on it. I think the mower is a 1997. I am the second owner and it has very low hours on it. The orginal owner had it in his garage and only used it when his ztr broke to mow him own lawn. I brought this mower during the summer. This mower comes with a velke x2 and also a bagger. You do need to buy a new mounting kit for the bagger and it cost 50 dollars. because i lost one piece off it. i use it with zip tires currently. here is the link... http://www.grasspacker.com/grasspack...essories.shtml
I am looking to get 1400 for everything. I will post pictures when i get home.

Sorry bud...too far for me....

Anyone else??? I'm still looking!:weightlifter:

DA Quality Lawn & YS
01-26-2011, 11:14 AM
Got a Quick 36 single hydro up for bid.
250 hours, well maintained, 2008 model.
PM me for pricing.

DA

silverado212
01-26-2011, 02:13 PM
Does it have to be a 36"? I have a 32" I am looking to get rid of.

froglawn
01-27-2011, 08:50 AM
Does it have to be a 36"? I have a 32" I am looking to get rid of.

I'm so used to seeing "36" everywhere that I forgot about smaller sizes (ie 32", 34"). :hammerhead:

Yes, I would be very interested if someone has something 32" and up! Please just let me know what you have. I'm still looking. Thanks!

froglawn
01-28-2011, 09:03 AM
bump it up.....

bluefroglawn
01-28-2011, 03:31 PM
I have a 2010 Quick 36 Ninja for sale, in Indianapolis. Very low hours practically brand new. 15hp Kawasaki engine, single hydro. I will sell it for $1300 now.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=334281

DA Quality Lawn & YS
01-28-2011, 04:45 PM
froglawn...bluefroglawn...both from Indy?

What is going on here?

grassyfras
01-28-2011, 05:04 PM
I have a 36" exmark floating deck about 6-8 years old. One owner good condtion. 15 hp. asking $1200. I would think the hours are around 1000 but no hour meter.

I also have an almost brand new 32" exmark fixed deck with 15 hp kaw. Still under warranty. Probably less than 30 hours. I can throw in a bagger with it if need be. I'm asking $2100

froglawn
01-29-2011, 12:29 PM
I have a 2010 Quick 36 Ninja for sale, in Indianapolis. Very low hours practically brand new. 15hp Kawasaki engine, single hydro. I will sell it for $1300 now.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=334281

Thanks for the offer, but, truthfully, I am reluctant to go with that brand of machine. I don't know much about it and I would really like something I'm more familiar with. THanks!

froglawn
01-29-2011, 12:30 PM
I have a 36" exmark floating deck about 6-8 years old. One owner good condtion. 15 hp. asking $1200. I would think the hours are around 1000 but no hour meter.

I also have an almost brand new 32" exmark fixed deck with 15 hp kaw. Still under warranty. Probably less than 30 hours. I can throw in a bagger with it if need be. I'm asking $2100

Hi grassyfras,

The first mower listed sounds good! Any chance of coming to Indy anytime soon?

grassyfras
01-29-2011, 12:59 PM
I can come middle of this week after this next snow storm leaves. I am trying to sell locally though, so if you want it make a move. I would have to charge you an extra $100 to drive it to Indy for gas.

oldclawn
01-29-2011, 09:18 PM
You can get a brand new chink made 36" --Worldlawn--Redhawks and others for just past 2 grand if you want cheap--with warranty (for what that's worth!) If you are only doing a few yards you can get a brand new Billy Goat 34" at the Re-POWER shop on Shadeland for right around 1,500--