PDA

View Full Version : Contracts??

meets1
01-22-2011, 02:49 PM
Hey guys. Seasoned vet of this lawn/landscape/build business but I have really never got into contract service agreements, nor I have I ever written one or deal with them much.

Well as business heats up again for the spring. Number of accounts coming to bid this year, guys to keep busy, equipment to keep running, my thought is I need to have a better peace of mind and have some contracts in place.

I spoke with legal people but there at odds to what to say, how to write it and therefore never dealt with this b/f

Can or will anyone share a simple contract with me?? Not saying were going to use it or them but something I can see, read and maybe base my companies contract and wording off what you guys are using?

domain311
01-22-2011, 02:53 PM
Hey guys. Seasoned vet of this lawn/landscape/build business but I have really never got into contract service agreements, nor I have I ever written one or deal with them much.

Well as business heats up again for the spring. Number of accounts coming to bid this year, guys to keep busy, equipment to keep running, my thought is I need to have a better peace of mind and have some contracts in place.

I spoke with legal people but there at odds to what to say, how to write it and therefore never dealt with this b/f

Can or will anyone share a simple contract with me?? Not saying were going to use it or them but something I can see, read and maybe base my companies contract and wording off what you guys are using?

Give me your email I will send one. We don't do anything where they're obligated to continue service though if dissatisfied. They can cancel at any time. Overall, we use it to get a deposit in the spring and to cover ourselves to make sure we get paid.

SCLandscape11
01-24-2011, 05:12 AM
Could I get it to please.. pulloutpullout45@yahoo.com thank you!

Weezi1
01-24-2011, 10:46 AM
Myself too if not much trouble. gardennv@gmail.com

thanks

Phil

domain311
01-24-2011, 11:51 AM
Sure...like 6 asked so far so should be able to send to all of you later on today.

Williams-Landscaping
01-24-2011, 07:17 PM
If you don't mind I'd like one too. Williams-Landsaping@hotmail.com
Posted via Mobile Device

crazyskier537
01-24-2011, 10:13 PM
Haha, can I get one as well? I will be very grateful!

yourneighbortim@gmail.com

smcclumpha
01-24-2011, 11:09 PM
Could I get one too? Thanks
smcclumpha@telus.blackberry.net

grasshoppah
01-25-2011, 07:06 PM
And me as well please:

mowvalue@gmail.com

kylesturf
01-25-2011, 10:37 PM
Me to please it will mean a lot to me thanks kyle. bigwhitie72@yahoo.com
Posted via Mobile Device

rstec23
02-06-2011, 06:13 PM
could someone send me a sample landscaping/lawn maintenance contract also? rstec@comcast.net

thanks

Brodie
02-12-2011, 05:38 AM
If the offer is still there to be sent a sample service agreement I'd like to take you up on the offer.

brodie865@hotmail.com

Greatly appreciated I'm fairly new to business and have legal minds asking me what I want in my documents and I can only look at them blankly. I've got no real idea.

Once again greatly appreciated, thank.

Roger
02-12-2011, 07:56 AM

Greatly appreciated I'm fairly new to business and have legal minds asking me what I want in my documents and I can only look at them blankly. I've got no real idea.

I don't understand your statement. Who are the "legal minds?" If they are your customers, then why would they be asking what you want? If they are friends, or others outside the business, then why not ask them for help, or a referral to somebody who can help you get a document drafted?

Remember, your contract has to be specific for your area. The "one size fits all" does not apply for a legal contract. Local laws differ, how cases are adjudicated differ, etc. Taking a contract that has been drafted by somebody else, for another area, may not apply to you and your area.

Suggest: Go to a local attorney, pay him/her a couple hundred dollars to get a document that works for you, works for your area.

I continued to be amazed at two things. First, a willingness to give a piece of intellectual property to anybody who asks. Secondly, the request of one party to another for a piece of intellectual property, expecting to get something for free. What's next, some asking for string trimmers, blowers, hand mowers, and others willing to send their equipment (property) to others without expecting compensation?

coolluv
02-12-2011, 09:59 AM
Can I get one too? biteme@aol.net.

Dave...

Brodie
02-12-2011, 07:56 PM
I don't understand your statement. Who are the "legal minds?" If they are your customers, then why would they be asking what you want? If they are friends, or others outside the business, then why not ask them for help, or a referral to somebody who can help you get a document drafted?

Remember, your contract has to be specific for your area. The "one size fits all" does not apply for a legal contract. Local laws differ, how cases are adjudicated differ, etc. Taking a contract that has been drafted by somebody else, for another area, may not apply to you and your area.

Suggest: Go to a local attorney, pay him/her a couple hundred dollars to get a document that works for you, works for your area.

I continued to be amazed at two things. First, a willingness to give a piece of intellectual property to anybody who asks. Secondly, the request of one party to another for a piece of intellectual property, expecting to get something for free. What's next, some asking for string trimmers, blowers, hand mowers, and others willing to send their equipment (property) to others without expecting compensation?

Legal Minds being lawyers that I have spoken to in relation to drafting a service agreement. I know some of what I want to have in the contract but if im going to spend hundreds of dollars making the document I'd like it to be done right the first time.

I am aware that local laws are going to be different and country laws in this case me bing in Australia but that is the legal side of things that lawyers will take care of.

If the offer to share intellectual property was not offered to a whole forum of people then I would not have asked but several other people have taken the kind gesture from someone who wants to see an industry grow in the right direction.

If you don't want to share then don't that is your right. As for sharing equipment well I know a few contractors around me and we are all happy to share our equipment if the need arises.

DieselLandscaping
02-13-2011, 11:26 AM
Here's a freebie

ccrobin
02-20-2011, 06:52 PM
If it's not too much trouble, I'd love to see it too.

canada
04-12-2011, 05:25 PM
can you send it to me too sftmp@hotmail.com

thanks.