PDA

View Full Version : Hustler Guys HELP!!

Dogbonz
01-22-2011, 04:24 PM
Looking at getting this mower---->http://www.tractorhouse.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=5975057
(Thanks for the tip,, in an other thread!)

Serial # 06080989
Is this really a 44 or is it a 48?

The manual for 2008 says's C-IZT integrated pump/motor <-- is this a ZT2800?

Is $2500 out the door a good price with 500 hrs?

PJ, can you tell me when this unit went it to service? Is there any warranty left?

I have to drive 4hr's to get it,, and want to know what to look for when I get there? Any hints?

After searching the forums, for Fastrak,,, I am only seeing 54's or 48's,, not Any 44's,, thats why I'm asking, but using the serial number to get a manual with PJ's link I see 44/52 on the info sheet.

So it seems that the 44 was a bastard size only for a few years if that, and was dropped. Any info would be great,, and ALL My questions answered would be Super Great!!! Thanx

StihlMechanic
01-22-2011, 04:40 PM
They made a 44. I used to work at a Hustler dealer. The first generation had issues with the integrated parking brake mechanism, but these usually failed within 2 hours of use before they were replace under warranty. Everything on that mower is pretty solid. It is technically a homeowner mower but Hustler started selling them with a full warranty to commercial guys just to prove how tough they were. The frame and leading edge of the deck have lifetime warranties. 500 hours is not bad for that engine. The only problem you will have with that engine is the ignition coils going out, like clock work, together. They are cheap, like 30 buck each. When you check it out run the engine at full throttle and engage the deck, make sure it doesnt lack power. Drive it and check the tracking. If all checks out I would buy it.

Turf Dawg
01-22-2011, 06:50 PM
By looking at the serial number I truly think that was made August of 2006. Unless they use different number patterns on different types of their mowers, ie z, super z, fastrack, ect..... then the first two numbers indicate year made and the second two indicate month. I do not know about the rest of the numbers. I had a 05 [I believe] Fastrack with a 20hp Honda with 52" cut and it was a good light duty mower. As a matter of fact some of my kinfolks bought it from me back in 08 and are still using it.

rwaters
01-22-2011, 07:35 PM
Looking at getting this mower---->http://www.tractorhouse.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=5975057
(Thanks for the tip,, in an other thread!)

Serial # 06080989
Is this really a 44 or is it a 48?

The manual for 2008 says's C-IZT integrated pump/motor <-- is this a ZT2800?

Is $2500 out the door a good price with 500 hrs?

PJ, can you tell me when this unit went it to service? Is there any warranty left?

I have to drive 4hr's to get it,, and want to know what to look for when I get there? Any hints?

After searching the forums, for Fastrak,,, I am only seeing 54's or 48's,, not Any 44's,, thats why I'm asking, but using the serial number to get a manual with PJ's link I see 44/52 on the info sheet.

So it seems that the 44 was a bastard size only for a few years if that, and was dropped. Any info would be great,, and ALL My questions answered would be Super Great!!! Thanx

the 44 is kind of like the 54 mowers a bastard size but the blades are available and even in aftermarket. I might be wrong but I thought they had ZT2800 transmissions so I would look for an oil filter on the transmission to see what it has. The 48" Fastrak listed for 7,099 this year so that is not a bad buy.

djagusch
01-22-2011, 08:21 PM
The metal discharge chute I think makes it older than a 2008 also. I would guess the guy saying its an 06 is right also. The izt hydro is different than an 2800 hydro. My 08 trimstar has the izt hydros also. The hydros are not in production anymore to my knowledge. I'm guessing they have units for sale but not for mfg new units.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dogbonz
01-22-2011, 11:26 PM
"FasTraks have a replaceable filter which will require replacement every
200 hours or 2 years whichever comes first. The required service involves
draining the oil and installing a new filter kit (Hustler p/n 789511). Fill
with new 20W50 engine oil."

Quoted from the manual,, IS this the same part # for ZT2800 hydros?

lucky lawn landscaping
01-23-2011, 11:07 AM
I have a 2009 48" with a 19 kawi. I only put 65 hrs on it last season as I have all postage stamp yards. I also have 05 metro 15 hp w/ velke and to tell you the truth I shouldn't have bought the thing. My metro is almost as quick. I wish i would have saved the money. I am not sure how many accounts you have or the amount of grass but if you are looking to sit and mow it's not bad. A little under powered but seems to be a fair price. And I also think it is older than a 2008. LIke the post before "Metal chute" they stop making those a a few years prior to 2008.

Dogbonz
01-23-2011, 07:09 PM
Hey Lucky man,,, could you post up your serial #?? So I can compare,, If it read's like TurfDog thinks,,, then we can confirm it's date. That'd be Kool.

Turf Dawg
01-24-2011, 10:32 AM
Hey Lucky man,,, could you post up your serial #?? So I can compare,, If it read's like TurfDog thinks,,, then we can confirm it's date. That'd be Kool.

I am not going to say I am 100% right, but I will say I'm 99.9999% right on this for year model.

You might want to PM Mowhustler for more info, or he might chime in, but I also think in 06 they had the "sealed" hydros where they did not have a filter and if you needed fluid you did it through the breather tubes.

mowerconsultant
01-24-2011, 11:48 AM
What you have there is a 18/44 FasTrak, model # 926519.
We made this mower from 2002 to 2006.
It is a 44" cut, we only made 2 deck sizes in the FasTrak those years, 44 and 52 inch cut.
The hydro's are the C-IZT integrated pump/motor, they are not ZT2800's, the 2800's didn't come into play until late 2006 when we came out with the current version of the FasTrak in 48 / 54 / 60 deck sizes.
The C-IZT on this model does have a internal filter that you can change along with the hydro fluid.
The 44 was not a bastard size, it was common those years.
The unit was built in August of 2006 and the original owner put it into service on 1/11/08 and was bought and used by a municipal cemetery, the warranty expired on 1/10/09, there is no warranty left on this unit.
When looking at the unit go over the basics, deck, spindles, engine hydro's etc.. being used by a cemetery it could of been subject to hitting headstones / markers.. etc..

Pj