PDA

View Full Version : Florida Picture Thread

Landscape Poet
01-22-2011, 06:26 PM
Went to Disney today and thought about how blessed we are to have good color in our landscapes down here most if not all of the year. Thought a picture thread would be a good thing. So if you have any pictures of your own work or pictures of nice work that you would like to throw up to share our great state throw them up. I will keep the thread with Disney Photos as they always do a good job.
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs048.snc6/167894_197607790254115_100000146856528_847690_6408185_n.jpg

Landscape Poet
01-22-2011, 06:32 PM
Here is a picture pre freeze of a lawn I cut. I still get a kick out of mowing down here and everything being nice and green and the Christmas decorations being up at the same time. http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs781.ash1/167108_193394917342069_100000146856528_815641_4859750_n.jpg

Landscape Poet
01-22-2011, 06:37 PM
Here is a sod install that we did in December.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1336.snc4/162826_193394524008775_100000146856528_815628_999830_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs061.snc6/167110_193394137342147_100000146856528_815616_2202226_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs045.snc6/167591_193393507342210_100000146856528_815607_2086251_n.jpg

Smallaxe
01-22-2011, 07:47 PM
Ok, you've brought the Midwesterners to a new level of depression...

What's your point? :)

Patriot Services
01-22-2011, 08:13 PM
Never should've lent you my Disney timeshare. Just don't show us the pics of your makeover at Cinderella's beauty shop.
Posted via Mobile Device

Landscape Poet
01-22-2011, 09:31 PM
Ok, you've brought the Midwesterners to a new level of depression...

What's your point? :)

That's ok Smallaxe, you can flip it on me by putting pictures up of the trees changing color in fall. That is one of the things I miss about up north.

Patriot Services
01-22-2011, 09:49 PM
I miss sod that comes in small rolls and real topsoil with 6" long nightcrawlers in it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Florida Gardener
01-23-2011, 01:25 AM
One of my nicest accounts during this past summer....http://i54.tinypic.com/2wfiw4x.jpg

my two biggest accounts so far....
http://i53.tinypic.com/34pb3us.jpg
http://i51.tinypic.com/2wlub91.jpg

Landscape Poet
01-23-2011, 02:23 PM
I miss sod that comes in small rolls and real topsoil with 6" long nightcrawlers in it.
Posted via Mobile Device

I miss the clean natural smell of real soil:(

South Florida Lawns
01-23-2011, 10:50 PM
This is one of my residentials we maintain everything except the fertilizer.

fl-landscapes
01-23-2011, 11:18 PM
I miss the clean natural smell of real soil:(

grass doesnt smell the same when cut either. I did my sister a favor last time I was up north and mowed her lawn when her and her husband were at work......nothing like the smell of freshly cut cool season grass in the spring.

Landscape Poet
01-24-2011, 12:00 AM

woooooooooo......that is about as close as we get to stripes down here. You should go post this picture in the stripes thread!!!!!:laugh:

Landscape Poet
01-24-2011, 12:01 AM
grass doesnt smell the same when cut either. I did my sister a favor last time I was up north and mowed her lawn when her and her husband were at work......nothing like the smell of freshly cut cool season grass in the spring.

Agreed. My neighbor put some rye in small areas of his lawn that weeds had died back. I went over today and picked some up. It actually has a smell even down here that our SA does not have.

South Florida Lawns
01-24-2011, 12:22 AM
woooooooooo......that is about as close as we get to stripes down here. You should go post this picture in the stripes thread!!!!!:laugh:

Lol I was going to say in that thread that we come close with some faint stripes, but I didn't want to sound like a know it all.

jbannick18
01-24-2011, 09:08 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/kamuiii/IMAG0009.jpg

With a 36 wb, upgrading to a 52 grandstand this year :dancing:

fl-landscapes
01-24-2011, 10:23 PM
Agreed. My neighbor put some rye in small areas of his lawn that weeds had died back. I went over today and picked some up. It actually has a smell even down here that our SA does not have.

yup I overseeded my bermuda with rye last year and when it smelled like I was in new england

fobaum
01-28-2011, 09:48 PM
One of my better accounts 210584

Patriot Services
01-28-2011, 09:52 PM
Nice, a great example of why mow n go don't make it around here.
Posted via Mobile Device

Florida Gardener
01-28-2011, 11:07 PM

How much per month? Is that an estate and where you located?
Posted via Mobile Device

Ric
01-29-2011, 10:44 AM

KUDOS

I am told that area of Florida is very competitive with many lowballers. Both my Children live in South Beach and I wanted to move to that area to be closer. I talked with several people about your area and even placed an ad in the Trade papers. However I changed my mind because there are just too many people in that area for a small town boy.

Of course customers like this are willing to pay the going rate.

jbannick18
01-29-2011, 11:19 PM
I'm in the east orlando area, this past year wasn't bad. The year before I saw a lot more signs for 55/month around. Guess they all went out of business :laugh:

fobaum
01-30-2011, 10:33 PM
Diamondlanscaping, to answer ur ? I get 200/month for that house their is no grass just hedges, topiary,palms,rust prevention tank to maintain , too much competition here south florida, I'd like to charge 300-350/month:nono: but that aint gonna happen here....

fobaum
01-30-2011, 10:34 PM
I meant very little grass not no grass : typo

Florida Gardener
01-30-2011, 10:43 PM
Fobaum I hear you, I have a 350 I want to charge 425-450 and a 450 that should be about 500. They both eventually will be, but not right now. I need to get higher dollar accounts than those and then they will both get raised.
Posted via Mobile Device

justanotherlawnguy
02-03-2011, 10:03 PM
here is some before winter:

justanotherlawnguy
02-03-2011, 10:08 PM
another are a few more:

Landscape Poet
02-03-2011, 11:55 PM
I see circles around that palm/tree in the last picture. Didn't the guys up north ever tell you that you were not suppose to mow in circles? LOL

sweetz
02-04-2011, 01:59 AM
Nice, a great example of why mow n go don't make it around here.
Posted via Mobile Device

Around where? Seriously curious.

Patriot Services
02-04-2011, 09:24 AM
Anywhere in Florida. I don't see too many houses that don't have at least some lanscaping that needs routine maint. Like diamonds picture shows some yards are more landscaping than turf. IMO full service = full pockets.
Posted via Mobile Device

South Florida Lawns
02-04-2011, 10:22 PM
Awesome accounts justanotherlawnguy, especially the second to last picture, that house and landscape design looks killer.

Florida Gardener
02-04-2011, 10:30 PM
Awesome accounts justanotherlawnguy, especially the second to last picture, that house and landscape design looks killer.

I concur. I love those Phoenix and washy's.
Posted via Mobile Device

zturncutter
02-04-2011, 11:10 PM
Your accounts look nice justanotherlawnguy. A couple of thoughts for the original landscape designer though, the Washingtonia will get close to 100' tall at maturity and they grow very fast, they will look ridiculous in another 3 to 5 years. The Pygmy Date palm on the left corner of the house looks to be planted in a 3' bed over hanging the walk so that everyone walking by gets the Porcupine treatment.:cry:

Ric
02-05-2011, 01:18 AM
Your accounts look nice justanotherlawnguy. A couple of thoughts for the original landscape designer though, the Washingtonia will get close to 100' tall at maturity and they grow very fast, they will look ridiculous in another 3 to 5 years. The Pygmy Date palm on the left corner of the house looks to be planted in a 3' bed over hanging the walk so that everyone walking by gets the Porcupine treatment.:cry:

Z turn

No disrespect to fobaum and I am not banging him or his Landscapes BUT. You make a great point about many fly by night landscapers here in Florida. They install great looking stuff today but Have no Idea how fast it grows or what it will look like this time next year. There New Retiree customer has no Idea either and falls for their fast Talk.

Interesting Enough there are only Two Registered licensed Commercial Landscapers in left in Charlotte County. I had that License years ago but Like many realized Code enforcement wasn't enforcing the law and why pay the Over $ 200 a year to keep it active. Every women in the Master Gardener class thinks they are Expert Landscape designers and some how manage to sell their Derick.

Sorry But I am Bitter about the fact I went back to college and got a degree in Horticulture just so I could qualify to sit for all those tests and Licenses and the State of Florida or County government have no desire to enforce the laws.

Florida Gardener
02-05-2011, 01:45 AM
Z turn

No disrespect to fobaum and I am not banging him or his Landscapes BUT. You make a great point about many fly by night landscapers here in Florida. They install great looking stuff today but Have no Idea how fast it grows or what it will look like this time next year. There New Retiree customer has no Idea either and falls for their fast Talk.

Interesting Enough there are only Two Registered licensed Commercial Landscapers in left in Charlotte County. I had that License years ago but Like many realized Code enforcement wasn't enforcing the law and why pay the Over $ 200 a year to keep it active. Every women in the Master Gardener class thinks they are Expert Landscape designers and some how manage to sell their Derick.

Sorry But I am Bitter about the fact I went back to college and got a degree in Horticulture just so I could qualify to sit for all those tests and Licenses and the State of Florida or County government have no desire to enforce the laws.

That's funny about the women master gardeners and it is so true. The company I buy my sod/plants from will do designs and install and the head is a woman who is a master gardener who thinks her **** don't stink. You are also correct about a lot of guys who do "design" and installation in Florida. The one pic I posted that has the Foxtails lining the driveway was poorly designed. Stuff planted too close, stuff that will get bigger planted in front of stuff that will stay small etc. The owner even told me this company is "well known."
Posted via Mobile Device

Ric
02-05-2011, 02:05 AM
Diamond

Many Many years ago I did an estimate for spraying a Women Master Gardener yard. Everything I said she disagreed with. The best part of the estimate was my telling her she had Grubs and her arguing she didn't right up to the point she fell on her Azz when the sod rolled up under her feet exposing GRUBS. Needless to say I didn't get the job when I ask her what those things were called.

Many Counties have great Master Gardener Program. Unfortunately My county has a jerk for a Extension agent. But the County south of me has an excellent Extension office full of many sharp people. I have posted link to get on their E mail list because they send out a lot of great information.

zturncutter
02-05-2011, 08:50 AM
Diamond

Many Many years ago I did an estimate for spraying a Women Master Gardener yard. Everything I said she disagreed with. The best part of the estimate was my telling her she had Grubs and her arguing she didn't right up to the point she fell on her Azz when the sod rolled up under her feet exposing GRUBS. Needless to say I didn't get the job when I ask her what those things were called.

Many Counties have great Master Gardener Program. Unfortunately My county has a jerk for a Extension agent. But the County south of me has an excellent Extension office full of many sharp people. I have posted link to get on their E mail list because they send out a lot of great information.

That's hilarious, I have a similar story. Before hurricane Charley rolled through we had a lawn maintenance route that went in to the PGI and Fisherman's Village area one day of the week. We did a couple of builders models as well as some residentials. We had this one lady that was always complaining about everything, I would ask my foreman what was going on and he always had a reasonable explanation. I would end up driving over there to pacify her and walk around the yard and re explain every thing my foreman had told her. So one day she calls and says my equipment must be leaking gas because her entire back yard is dying, I ask my foreman and he says TG ain't doing the job I have never seen so many grubs on one lawn. I go over and explain this to her and she won't hear any of it, TG is just great, I take her into the back yard, have her stand about 10' up from the seawall and I rolled the St. Augustine up to her feet exposing dozens of grubs. She actually clutched her chest and and staggered a bit, no more problems with her after that.:laugh:

Ric
02-05-2011, 09:27 AM
That's hilarious, I have a similar story. Before hurricane Charley rolled through we had a lawn maintenance route that went in to the PGI and Fisherman's Village area one day of the week. We did a couple of builders models as well as some residentials. We had this one lady that was always complaining about everything, I would ask my foreman what was going on and he always had a reasonable explanation. I would end up driving over there to pacify her and walk around the yard and re explain every thing my foreman had told her. So one day she calls and says my equipment must be leaking gas because her entire back yard is dying, I ask my foreman and he says TG ain't doing the job I have never seen so many grubs on one lawn. I go over and explain this to her and she won't hear any of it, TG is just great, I take her into the back yard, have her stand about 10' up from the seawall and I rolled the St. Augustine up to her feet exposing dozens of grubs. She actually clutched her chest and and staggered a bit, no more problems with her after that.:laugh:

Z turn

Know the area well. My little deal happen not to far from there on Coronado near the End of Aqua Esta. I can still see this PITA laying on the ground in my mind and My first reaction was to laugh at her and then pimp her by asking "what the Heck are those things"

It is unbelievable how powerful marketing can be. I run into the same TG/CL jerks who swear by them. But from inside information I understand TG/CL in our area is hurting big time. 3 million in sales last year and they can't afford new equipment/trucks. Bigger is not better.

Patriot Services
02-05-2011, 11:34 AM
TG has a big shop around the corner from my house. I noticed a change in their sign. Has there been a shake up over there. I remember rumour they were looking to sell the maintenance part and just focus on chem apps. Any truth to this?
Posted via Mobile Device

Landscape Poet
02-15-2011, 10:29 PM
Here is a part of our FL landscapes that we sometime get the joy of running into. Found this guy sunning himself in the back lawn of a property I was mowing.

Ric
02-16-2011, 02:22 PM
Mikey

What No Guts!! Jump down there and wrestle that dude, I would.

fl-landscapes
02-16-2011, 02:46 PM
Mikey

What No Guts!! Jump down there and wrestle that dude, I would.

The gators usually dont have any guts either (when on land) I love walking right up to a big one when people are down from north and they ALWAYS scurry into the water really quickly. With all the gators in fl and all the landlocked people swimming in ponds lakes and canals......there are VERY FEW incidents of alligator attacks and even less fatalities. Far more shark attacks in fl than gator. We are the shark attack capital of the world.....more attacks here then australia, california etc... but shark attacks are also very scarce.

Ric
02-16-2011, 04:38 PM
The gators usually dont have any guts either (when on land) I love walking right up to a big one when people are down from north and they ALWAYS scurry into the water really quickly. With all the gators in fl and all the landlocked people swimming in ponds lakes and canals......there are VERY FEW incidents of alligator attacks and even less fatalities. Far more shark attacks in fl than gator. We are the shark attack capital of the world.....more attacks here then australia, california etc... but shark attacks are also very scarce.

Fl Land

Where were you about two years ago when a North Port Grass Cutter and a Sanibel landscape pruner where both attacked and kill with in a month of each other.

Mikey

Here you go, Real men have Balls.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Ricyard/Gator.bmp

OK so that Gator is eating size and not the biggest I ever caught. But I am still listed on the FWC site as a legal trapper in Florida. I just don't pay to keep up the gator Trapping part of the License any more.

Patriot Services
02-16-2011, 04:46 PM
Great, now we got the Billy image to go with Carl.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ric
02-16-2011, 05:12 PM
Great, now we got the Billy image to go with Carl.
Posted via Mobile Device

Patriot

The Mullet Hair cut and Gothic black wardrobe along with the dysfunctional Family seems to be missing from the Picture of me Wrestling this Gator.

However the Proper PPE is present unlike your hero Billy. Note the Hold Back Pole that allows one man to control the gator. The Gator after being hooks was kept tied to the bank instead being chased around the pond. The gator will fight the hook and line with a death roll which zaps his energy. Then I simple pull a tired Gator on to shore and tape his mouth and legs. Nothing dangerous unless you approach the job for Television like Billy does.

Patriot Services
02-16-2011, 05:45 PM
No stoned brother either?
Mikey could probably rock the mullet.
Posted via Mobile Device

fl-landscapes
02-16-2011, 06:00 PM
Fl Land

Where were you about two years ago when a North Port Grass Cutter and a Sanibel landscape pruner where both attacked and kill with in a month of each other.

Mikey

OK so that Gator is eating size and not the biggest I ever caught. But I am still listed on the FWC site as a legal trapper in Florida. I just don't pay to keep up the gator Trapping part of the License any more.

Yes I remember that poor guy in north port. He was washing of the grass from a hard day of yard boy work and he was also like 6'4" and about 230 lbs to bad the gator was about 900 lbs STILL there are on average seven attacks a year in fl and very few fatal ones. Less than 20 fatal attacks since 1948. The lady on sanibel I think was a four footer and she died of an infection about a month later. That is a cool picture though!!

Landscape Poet
02-16-2011, 09:26 PM
Fl Land

Mikey

Ric,

Getting close to Gators is way out of my pay scale. Not going to happen. How come you do not carry the license to trap them anymore? I thought gator was good money?? That is a what a local trapper told me...but it has been a year or two ago. Back then I thought he said he got a 9 foot gator that he got somewhere around $3500 between the skin and the meat. Seems profitable enough if you got the proper equipment and you are there.

If that is you in the photo - you look much different that I the image I had in my mind. For some reason in my mind I have you looking like Uncle Jessie from Dukes of Hazard. :laugh:

Landscape Poet
02-16-2011, 09:27 PM
No stoned brother either?
Mikey could probably rock the mullet.
Posted via Mobile Device

Never was a fan of the mullet...and my head has been shaved for close to 10 years....I do not see one in my future.

Landscape Poet
02-16-2011, 09:33 PM
Yes I remember that poor guy in north port. He was washing of the grass from a hard day of yard boy work and he was also like 6'4" and about 230 lbs to bad the gator was about 900 lbs STILL there are on average seven attacks a year in fl and very few fatal ones. Less than 20 fatal attacks since 1948. The lady on sanibel I think was a four footer and she died of an infection about a month later. That is a cool picture though!!

Ummmm - I live right next to Lake Jessup --- Gator Capitol of FL .....I will not be one of those people washing myself up next to a body of water. Shark attacks - I think new smyrna is shark attack capitol of FL and that is one of my favorite beach areas...but you know what..... I am much less likely to enter the water there because of that....risk is something I take very seriously.

Ric
02-16-2011, 10:44 PM
Ric,

Getting close to Gators is way out of my pay scale. Not going to happen. How come you do not carry the license to trap them anymore? I thought gator was good money?? That is a what a local trapper told me...but it has been a year or two ago. Back then I thought he said he got a 9 foot gator that he got somewhere around $3500 between the skin and the meat. Seems profitable enough if you got the proper equipment and you are there.

If that is you in the photo - you look much different that I the image I had in my mind. For some reason in my mind I have you looking like Uncle Jessie from Dukes of Hazard. :laugh:

Mikey

At age 70 I am still twice the man you are, but my gator wrestling days are over. BTW that picture was taken about 10 years ago and has been posted on LS many times. I think those who know me will verify that is me in the photo. Sun is reflecting on my salt & Pepper hair and makes me look grayer than I am even today.

Landscape Poet
02-16-2011, 11:00 PM
By the way FL Landscapes - got three topdressing jobs lined up, the new place is going to work out pretty good as far as I can see. The biggest issue so far as we discussed is the storage of the compost.

Florida Gardener
02-21-2011, 11:42 PM
One of my nicest yards...fertilized turf/palms/ornamentals last week
9-0-20 on turf
8-2-12 UF Palm blend.

As you can see a lot of the ornamentals are recovering from the cold. Should look much better in the next month or so.
http://i51.tinypic.com/5objfs.jpg

Landscape Poet
02-22-2011, 12:40 AM
One of my nicest yards...fertilized turf/palms/ornamentals last week
9-0-20 on turf
8-2-12 UF Palm blend.

As you can see a lot of the ornamentals are recovering from the cold. Should look much better in the next month or so.
http://i51.tinypic.com/5objfs.jpg

What are the bare plants under the tree on the right Diamond? Look like spicy jatropha to me. Turf looks good, especially for here, we still have brow in between here and there. I would say the queens can be trimmed safely now.

Florida Gardener
02-22-2011, 12:54 AM
Those are caricature plants(graptophyllum pictum). They are very uncommonly used but are a very unique plant. They dropped all leaves during the freezes but survived from good prep.

The pic doesn't show how good the turf looks and this isn't even it's best. When we start getting rain this turf is the best on this whole street.

Queen Palms don't get cold damage so they can be trimmed whenever. The homeowner said no more extras though, just maintenance:nono::dizzy::cry:

unkownfl
02-22-2011, 12:56 AM
Those are caricature plants(graptophyllum pictum). They are very uncommonly used but are a very unique plant. They dropped all leaves during the freezes but survived from good prep.

The pic doesn't show how good the turf looks and this isn't even it's best. When we start getting rain this turf is the best on this whole street.

Queen Palms don't get cold damage so they can be trimmed whenever. The homeowner said no more extras though, just maintenance:nono::dizzy::cry:

Hope those distribution lines aren't running right over those palms.

Florida Gardener
02-22-2011, 12:58 AM
Not sure I understand this??

Do you mean the power lines?? If so, no, they aren't even close to the Queens.

unkownfl
02-22-2011, 01:04 AM
Yes power lines. That's great at least someone understands trees grow up.

South Florida Lawns
02-22-2011, 01:04 AM
Distribution lines take power from the main down to the homes.

unkownfl
02-22-2011, 01:07 AM
Distribution lines take power from the main down to the homes.

distribution is substation to your meter box. It includes everything on a 40ft class 5 to your 2/o service cable to your meter box.

Florida Gardener
02-22-2011, 01:21 AM
The only power line issues around here are the geniuses who plant oaks and royals in municipal areas and then have the city come and hack them up. Palms actually suffer from powerline decline.
Posted via Mobile Device

stressed
02-23-2011, 12:07 PM

looks good,nice stick edging

Landscape Poet
03-06-2011, 05:11 PM
I went to the Epcot Flower festival yesterday, thought I would share some photo's

Landscape Poet
03-06-2011, 05:13 PM
Another shot of some good looking turf

Landscape Poet
03-06-2011, 05:14 PM
More Turf....some of the turf looked painted, some did not.

Landscape Poet
03-06-2011, 05:15 PM
more photos - it keeps making me type a message before I upload

Landscape Poet
03-06-2011, 05:16 PM
More photos from the epcot flower festival

Landscape Poet
03-06-2011, 05:17 PM
and more photos, which it would let me just upload

Landscape Poet
03-06-2011, 05:18 PM
I am guessing this one took some time

Landscape Poet
03-06-2011, 05:19 PM
Butterflys doing there things on some penta's

Landscape Poet
03-06-2011, 05:20 PM
me just typing more to get this to post

Landscape Poet
03-06-2011, 05:22 PM
Inside by the booths

Landscape Poet
03-06-2011, 05:23 PM
and here are some more

Landscape Poet
03-06-2011, 05:24 PM
Last one for at least awhile.;)

billslawn89
03-06-2011, 06:15 PM
michael, you must be a disney freak like me! its about a 2 -2.5 hr trip for me. i can't get enough of disney, especially this time of year. i will be heading up there the last week of march for the weekend. cool pics! i was up there for the new years and that is the first time i ever seen disney with brown grass...its always green!

Landscape Poet
03-06-2011, 06:35 PM
michael, you must be a disney freak like me! its about a 2 -2.5 hr trip for me. i can't get enough of disney, especially this time of year. i will be heading up there the last week of march for the weekend. cool pics! i was up there for the new years and that is the first time i ever seen disney with brown grass...its always green!

I enjoy Disney, as for me, the annual pass is a affordable luxury to have living so close. My wife is the one that insist that we go as often as we do, she is the Disney nut. This is our third year of annual passes for the family, last year however we did Universal, which has better rides, but the landscape leaves a lot to be desired.

P.M right before you head up here that weekend. If I am not working on a project or just plum wore out on Disney, maybe we could meet up for a few minutes, my wife and I usually head to the magic kingdom at least once a month for the fireworks.

billslawn89
03-06-2011, 06:51 PM
I enjoy Disney, as for me, the annual pass is a affordable luxury to have living so close. My wife is the one that insist that we go as often as we do, she is the Disney nut. This is our third year of annual passes for the family, last year however we did Universal, which has better rides, but the landscape leaves a lot to be desired.

P.M right before you head up here that weekend. If I am not working on a project or just plum wore out on Disney, maybe we could meet up for a few minutes, my wife and I usually head to the magic kingdom at least once a month for the fireworks.

sounds good! i also have the annual passes and they are great, as well as a vacation club owner, but my points are shot already until december, so we stay at one of the other disney resorts. my wife and i just love it, we mostly just hang out at different resorts around the pool while the kids do the park thing..

Florida Gardener
03-11-2011, 08:33 PM
Couple nice lawns from today. For some reason the grass doesn't look as good in the pics as in reality...oh well.
http://i56.tinypic.com/ifqy5l.jpg
http://i52.tinypic.com/k3vv9j.jpg

Patriot Services
03-11-2011, 09:01 PM
sounds good! i also have the annual passes and they are great, as well as a vacation club owner, but my points are shot already until december, so we stay at one of the other disney resorts. my wife and i just love it, we mostly just hang out at different resorts around the pool while the kids do the park thing..

I used to think I was weird for doing this. The wife and I usually spend a weekend a month at a different resort. Sometimes we bring our son, other times its "date" weekend. 45 minute ride from Tampa. Just far enough to feel like we are out of town.
Posted via Mobile Device

Landscape Poet
03-15-2011, 10:44 PM
Here is a sago from a new property I picked up recently. The owner had owned it for 35 years, it has been on this property for 25 of them.

Landscape Poet
03-15-2011, 10:49 PM
A couple of photos from a install today.

Patriot Services
03-15-2011, 10:49 PM
Nice, now sell him an acid wash on that orange sidewalk.
Posted via Mobile Device

Landscape Poet
03-15-2011, 10:51 PM
Nice, now sell him an acid wash on that orange sidewalk.
Posted via Mobile Device

I do not do that service, but will network with someone who does if I can now that you mention it.

Patriot Services
03-15-2011, 11:05 PM
That is decent looking soil your installing over. Your lucky I seem to always get pure sand and have to try and save what I can from the original turf just to save a little OM.
Posted via Mobile Device

Landscape Poet
03-16-2011, 08:04 AM
. Your lucky I seem to always get pure sand and have to try and save what I can from the original turf just to save a little OM.
Posted via Mobile Device

I would assume it is just the location that makes the difference as no topdressing etc has been done to this lawn. With you being closer to the shore I would expect you being a lot more sand.

sweetz
03-17-2011, 11:44 AM
I would assume it is just the location that makes the difference as no topdressing etc has been done to this lawn. With you being closer to the shore I would expect you being a lot more sand.

That's pretty much all we have over here in St Pete.