PDA

View Full Version : How's your Fall looking?

Lanelle
09-04-2002, 02:05 AM
Just wondering how your fall schedule is looking? Are you looking forward to lots of installations? Is the phone ringing more or less than usual for this time of year?

John Allin
09-04-2002, 05:13 AM
We now out soliciting new installs from existing and past customers... offering some 'specials' on bulbs and mums. We expect to be busy right up until it snows - when we'll then be REALLY busy.

Stonehenge
09-04-2002, 09:09 PM
It's ringing about the same for this time of year, which for us is quite a bit less than spring. However, we're booked till the end of October, so I'm enjoying the less hectic pace, and it allows me to work later into the day, getting more work done per day.

Shawn Burns
09-04-2002, 09:50 PM
Not looking too good here! The drought is hurting us bad. All of the towns around here are on water restrictions, and getting stricter every week.
When pricing jobs and customers ask about watering you can't hardly lie to them and tell them it will be O.K.. So, alot of potential customers are putting plans on hold.
I was talking to a friend who lives about 40 miles west of me the other day, and he tells me that the city he's in has banned installs on all new construction all together untill their water shortage is resolved. That aint good.
With all that being said, things for now are still pretty busy.

paul
09-04-2002, 10:03 PM
We are making up for a wet spring, only 20 more acres of seed left to get in the ground. One more week of good weather should get us done with that. As far as plantings we haven't stated moving many trees yet, holding off on that. Spring helped put some nice growth on the tops and the summer heat has added a some girth but they are still stressed when moving them.