PDA

View Full Version : What new lawn equipment should I get?

T_Koteles
01-22-2011, 10:30 PM
I have a 36inch scag commercial grade with sulkey 2 weed wakers regular small self propelled mower a stihl blower . Need another big mower thinking bout getting a Toro 48inch titan or Ariens 48inch zoom what one would you go with?

Also thinking bout getting a brown 8hp Bed shaper edger . Read alot of posts and alot of people seem to like them and also they seem to do a really good job . Plus they go through some roots. Any opinions fill me in
Thanks
Koteles Lawn Service

mowerbrad
01-22-2011, 10:49 PM
Do yourself a favor and skip getting the titan or zoom...go right to the commercial grade equipment. Have you looked into stand-on mowers like the Toro Grandstand, John Deere Quik Trak, Scag V-ride? They'll be a little more money but you should be able to find a slightly used commercial mower for a lower price if your budget is tight.

integrityman
01-23-2011, 12:25 AM
Do yourself a favor and skip getting the titan or zoom...go right to the commercial grade equipment. Have you looked into stand-on mowers like the Toro Grandstand, John Deere Quik Trak, Scag V-ride? They'll be a little more money but you should be able to find a slightly used commercial mower for a lower price if your budget is tight.

Excellent advise Brad-

BadRancher
01-23-2011, 12:33 AM
I agree with those guys. Get a good piece of equipment if you can. It worth the money in the long run. If its not in the budget, then keep toughing it out with the 36" Scag. Just a suggestion, Good luck with you decision!

Baytownlawncare
01-23-2011, 09:36 AM
The Scag V-Ride line is going to have fleet pricing on even one unit next month. My dealer quoted me $5326 on a 36" last week. These normally go for $6300. The only one you cannot get the fleet pricing on is the 61" model. I will be purchasing one next month! My best guess is a 48" V-Ride would run you right at $6000. Normally this model is $7000. Just something to think about!

T_Koteles
01-23-2011, 09:48 AM

Yea i seen the grandstand liked the set up on it but didnt like the price so I found Gravely 1948FX - Pro Stance for 4,800 dollars its pretty much the same thing better price . Why would you go with the stand up mower compared to a sit down zero? Just wondering need the info

T_Koteles
01-23-2011, 09:59 AM
The Scag V-Ride line is going to have fleet pricing on even one unit next month. My dealer quoted me $5326 on a 36" last week. These normally go for $6300. The only one you cannot get the fleet pricing on is the 61" model. I will be purchasing one next month! My best guess is a 48" V-Ride would run you right at $6000. Normally this model is $7000. Just something to think about!

Just got done watching a few videos on the scag v-ride man do these things look like heavy hitters on getting the job done with ease of use to well built machine. Im gonna look and see if i can get a deal somewhere on one of these units.

Patriot Services
01-23-2011, 10:20 AM
I agree with the others. Put the money for the bed edger into the ztr. Bed edgers are one of those nice to have pieces after you have built up the landscaping side.
Posted via Mobile Device

T_Koteles
01-23-2011, 10:33 AM
I agree with the others. Put the money for the bed edger into the ztr. Bed edgers are one of those nice to have pieces after you have built up the landscaping side.
Posted via Mobile Device

I was looking to get one of the bed shapers to save me alot of time . Trying to knock the job out and get to the next big job as fast as possible. I was gonna have someone run the bed edger while another worker or myself do clean up and spread the mulch.

mowerbrad
01-23-2011, 11:09 AM
Yea i seen the grandstand liked the set up on it but didnt like the price so I found Gravely 1948FX - Pro Stance for 4,800 dollars its pretty much the same thing better price . Why would you go with the stand up mower compared to a sit down zero? Just wondering need the info

The need for a stander or ztr is greatly dependant on what types of properties you maintain. Standers have similar productivity to ztr's but have similar manuverability to walkbehinds. Standers can also have a price point fairly comparable to walkbehinds.

For me, I already have a full size ztr. This year I will be picking up a new JD quik-trak at the end of March. Since I bag a lot of my properties, the ztr is needed on most of them, but a 2000lb ztr is a little big for some of my smaller properties, that's were the 48" quik-trak will come into play, at half the weight it will help cut down on any turf damage.

The main benefits of the standers are the manuverability and productivity all in one package.

Chevy z71
01-23-2011, 12:37 PM
I would stick with scag and just get a zmower you can do alot more things with them then a v-ride.

T_Koteles
01-23-2011, 10:05 PM
What can you do more on the z mower then the v-ride

mowerbrad
01-23-2011, 10:48 PM

The one thing that z-turns can do better is bag. Ztr's can get the big collection systems where as the stand-on mower like the v-ride can only get the small side baggers.

h2oskier
01-23-2011, 11:14 PM

Sit down.:laugh::laugh:

Chevy z71
01-24-2011, 06:56 PM

Tow stuff such as a aerator more space to bag stuff and haul a cart behind it.

Tyler's Lawn Maintenance
01-24-2011, 08:11 PM
I would stick with scag and just get a zmower you can do alot more things with them then a v-ride.

On a small ztr, a large collection system is not available. The only bagging kit that I know of that comes with a residential ztr is the one with 2 bags. Do yourself a favor and get a stand on....have you considered a Wright, even used?
Posted via Mobile Device