PDA

View Full Version : 17 Horse Kawi problems

BufalinoLand
01-22-2011, 10:59 PM
Im having mega problems with 2 Kawasaki engines both 17 horse bought em new have 2 seasons on em less than a thousand hours. they are not running correct under load. is anyone experiencing this problem. the valves are out too i think. WTF. i cant buy new engines every 2 years. they are on scag walk behind hydros

thanks

BadRancher
01-22-2011, 11:02 PM
Mine was doing that. It ended up being the coil.
Posted via Mobile Device

Skyking
01-22-2011, 11:05 PM
What are they doing or nto doing??

BufalinoLand
01-22-2011, 11:12 PM
the engines will start hard, like 5 to 10 pulls sometimes and not idle or run right. at the end of the season the engines were bogging out

Skyking
01-22-2011, 11:16 PM
Check your fuel filters?

BadRancher
01-22-2011, 11:21 PM
Air filter also. Mine would seem like it was running right, then sound like it was missing, then sound like it was running right again and then would bog in grass. I changed fuel filter, air filter, then finally it got real bad. Sent it in to the shop and it was the coil.

If you are sure it is not the coil, it has to be a fuel, or fuel delivery problem.

BufalinoLand
01-22-2011, 11:37 PM
bad ranch, ive changed the air filters like a maniac, like once a week, how much is a coil anyway

BadRancher
01-22-2011, 11:59 PM
Not too sure. Mine was covered under warranty. Where did you buy the motors? You maybe able to check http://www.smallenginewarehouse.com Someone passed this site on to me a lil while ago.

sedge
01-23-2011, 12:04 AM
Im having mega problems with 2 Kawasaki engines both 17 horse bought em new have 2 seasons on em less than a thousand hours. they are not running correct under load. is anyone experiencing this problem. the valves are out too i think. WTF. i cant buy new engines every 2 years. they are on scag walk behind hydros

thanks

If I could, I would never buy another kawi on my life. Nothing but problems. Head gaskets, oil leaks, valves, air cleaner sealing off, etc, so on and so fourth. They know me by name at warranty center and don't take my calls any more. Or at least the guy that looks at the problem and makes the decision won't talk to me any more.

I'll take a long life briggs over a kawi any day.

LushGreenLawn
01-23-2011, 07:14 AM
Mine did the same thing, I hate chasing problems so I took it to my dealer, they had it fixed for under $100. In my case they adjusted something in the governor. You also might need to clean your carb out, that fixed that problem with one of my snowblowers. Mine was a 19hp kawi on a John Deere.

djagusch
01-23-2011, 11:23 AM
Coil was my issue it ran but had no pwr and was rough.
Posted via Mobile Device