PDA

View Full Version : trailer coupler

ljhanson12345
01-23-2011, 10:41 PM
Hey guys do any of you know where i can get a trailer coupler diagram for a
2" ball with all the dimensions included. I'm building a non-metal trailer. It will most likely be made of fiberglass.

knox gsl
01-23-2011, 10:58 PM
Even the frame and coupler?

Jason Rose
01-24-2011, 12:48 AM
Bulldog may have specific measurements http://www.bulldogproducts.net/content/products.aspx?lvl=1&parentid=7000&catid=0&part=0

Never heard of an all fiberglass trailer... I'm going to guess there is probably a reason for that. Even a fiberglass boat isn't just all fiberglass, there's still an aluminium or wood structure in there. I don't want a wooden trailer either, lol.

What's the idea behind this?

ljhanson12345
01-25-2011, 12:00 AM
It's a school project. The trailer is pulled by a robot and will have senors on it to detect bombs from old missle ranges and places of war. Need to build it out of a non-metal material so the sensor doesn't pick it up.

Jason Rose
01-25-2011, 12:04 AM
Ohhh, well that's awesome! Yeah you asked about building an all fiberglass trailer and I was really shaking my head wondering how in the world that would work to haul lawn equipment with on the road... haha. sounds like a big project!

Hawg City Lawns
01-25-2011, 02:50 AM
It's a school project. The trailer is pulled by a robot and will have senors on it to detect bombs from old missle ranges and places of war. Need to build it out of a non-metal material so the sensor doesn't pick it up.

i know at walmart they have 2" couplers and 1-7/8" couplers so if you cant find specs online you could always go purchase one of these take measurements and return it.

ljhanson12345
01-27-2011, 06:02 PM
attached are some of the photos to the ARFL trailer they designed. We are trying to improve this design. Need to decrease vibration and assemble disassemble time. Pretty simple concept just a lot involved.

kinda feeling like a nerd Oh ARFL trailer

thanks for the replies. I spoke with the sponsor and right now their saying the coupler can actually be metal. Hope he doesn't change his mind.