PDA

View Full Version : Echo shred and vac

TNGrassCutter
01-23-2011, 10:58 PM
Does anybody use these machines? I need a new hh blower and these convert tons hh blower but also can suck leaves or hedge trimmings I guess. Any input?
Posted via Mobile Device

h2oskier
01-23-2011, 11:09 PM
Makes it nice for shrubs, i have one but its the still version, i like it alot your not limited to one or the other either.

Alan0354
01-23-2011, 11:33 PM
I did posted and research about shred and vac. Consensus are don't count on the shred and vac part, none are very effective. Just concentrate on the blowing part. You want a HH blower, by all means. I end up not getting a shred and vac because it's pretty much unamous negative from the feedback.

Az Gardener
01-23-2011, 11:53 PM
You must have missed my posts, I have commented in at least 3-4 threads over the years about these. We have used shred N vac's for at least 6-8 years. We like the Stihl's for performance/reliability but the Echo is much more comfortable to use with that extra handle in the center of the motor. The Echo bags are also bigger.

Davido
02-07-2011, 06:42 PM
I have used Stihl, Echo, and numerous "homeowner" models. Here's my take. I'm a fan of Stihl equipment but the impellers on there vacs break WAY TOO easily. I use the Echo ES255 and it works quite well - although the bag clogs a little more than I like. That's probably my own fault for picking up too much at once, twigs, etc. I like it, though, and the impellers are stronger than the Stihl (and much cheaper). The toughest on I ever used was a piece of crap homeowner version under the snapper name. I believe it was made by Poulan. It only had two speeds - three if you count idle - but you couldn't break the impeller with a hammer and it would literally suck up 1/2 inch gravel on the high setting. Unfortunately, the engine wasn't built as tough as the rest of the machine. Hated to get rid of that thing. I got in on Craigslist for $20 and it was worth every penny.