PDA

View Full Version : Cyclone Trailer 7x16

randyhutch
01-23-2011, 10:29 PM
Does anyone know anything about the cyclone enclosed trailers for sale on ebay? How well are they built, do they hold up, is it a good price etc? Any info would be appreciated.

http://
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/7X16-ENCLOSED-CARGO-TRAILER-V-NOSE-RAMP-MOTORCYCLE-MI-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2a0d85846aQQitemZ180615480426QQptZMotorsQ5fTrailers

Oakleaf landscape
01-23-2011, 10:53 PM
I almost purchased one of the trailers on eBay, it was an 8.5x20 with the 5200lb axles, guy wanted 4400 for it. After getting on here and posting about it, I was informed that they are actually POS's. Found guys saying the axles usually aren't aligned correctly, which cause them to eat through tires and wear out the barrings. Also that the rivets fall out in the panels on the side and that they leak. I decided to spend the extra cash and get a Haul-mark Trailer. Just pissed that it's a 6-8 week build time...

If it was me, I wouldn't buy it. Look for a used Haul-mark or wells cargo trailer.

http://internet-trailer.com/
That's the website that I ordered mine from. You can create an account with them and build your own trailer. Great thing about the site is it shows you the prices of the trailer and they have 1000's of options to pick from.

bolc5150
01-25-2011, 07:23 PM
Im going through the same thing. Ive been looking on ebay and have seem to found some good deals, case in point the cyclone trailer. I have learned too that they are mostly posssssss. I found a Pace 7x16 v-nose black for 4300.00 after tax. I went and looked at it, as it was where i bought my last one. If you can set eyes on it then you know what youre getting...

StihlBR600
01-25-2011, 07:35 PM
Haul-Mark and Wells cargo arent built that well either. Ive checked them all out. Featherlight all the way if was going to get an enclosed

jackedf150
01-25-2011, 07:35 PM
Randy, I just bought this one for $4600 at Detro just west of Indy. Its a 7x16 with 6'6" height, all built 16" on center with L.E.D. lights and Dexter Torsion axles. http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=209827&stc=1&d=1295473254

randyhutch
01-26-2011, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the help guys I appreciate it, I have found a 7'x16' RC trailer up here in Michigan and it seems like a nice well built trailer. I am pretty sure I am going to go that route.

Anyone know anything about RC trailers?

tcalb2
01-27-2011, 08:02 AM
I just looked at a similar trailer, 7x16 flat roof v nose. Looks identical to the cyclone on ebay. This one was 3 years old and the flat roof in the rear end of the trailer had a bow in it from the weight of the snow sitting on it. However the cross members under the trailer look heavy duty all tubing through out. I'm not sure about the under coating b/c it came from georgia and I heard they don't treat the undercarriage like they do to the ones up here. I'm still on the fence b/c the person wants 3500 and thats a good deal for something that new. Anyone have experience with flat roofed trailers?

randyhutch
01-29-2011, 08:00 PM
Well I just purchased my trailer. I decided to stay away from the Georgia trailers. I went with a used 2005 Pace American Conquest Trailer 7'x16'. It's in like new condition that I found on craigslist at what seemed like a great deal. Thanks for the help guys.

tcalb2
01-29-2011, 08:08 PM
I actually pasted on the Georgia trailer and bought a used car mate 7x14 2006, barn doors, b/c I do mostly hardscapes. $3500 only 100 miles on the trailer.

DoetschOutdoor
01-30-2011, 06:36 PM
You prolly made the right decision by passing on the cheap ebay trailers....I went that route with my 2nd trailer, went down south and after many big HEADACHES brought the trailer home. Fell apart pretty fast with only 2 small mowers in it. Only good thing was when it got totalled this summer, the long list of options they put on cheap ebay trailers got my value up really high and insurance gave me way more $$$$$ than they should have :):)

Captsnip
02-01-2011, 01:53 AM
I had been looking at the enclosed trailers (some from Ga) on ebay for quite a while. Called one of the dealers who's trailers "looked" to be built better than the others. Stopped by to look at one in Brunswick, GA on the way back from Florida. The "Freedom" Trailer is a nice well built trailer. Bought a 7x16 V-nose on the spot and hauled it back to VA. It's a solid trailer. Good undercoating with heavy duty frame. Dexter axles. Brakes on both axles. Heavy interior plywood (3/8) sides. Phone #912-269-1985. Nice people to deal with. Got one with optional d-rings in floor, dressed up aluminum rock guards and accents, LED lights, and aluminum mags wheels - $3699.