PDA

View Full Version : Multi season commercial contracts? Offer any incentives?

gardenpro
01-24-2011, 01:33 AM
It would be ideal to get customers on to 2-3 year contracts.

I've been considering perks/incentives for the clients for several years but simply can't decide on perks that either don't shave earnings or be corny in some other way.

Considered:
-Throwing in flower bulbs displays (corny and unlikely to sway as most customers live out of town and have no idea what their landscape could use)
-Holding prices rather than any increases (my employees get raises and gas is going up, so noway either).

Any better ideas? Thanks.

gardenpro
01-24-2011, 07:05 PM
I'm guessing this is something most landscapers aren't doing?

johnsonslawnmanagement
01-24-2011, 07:25 PM
I don't generally offer any incentives, other than holding prices or possibly a lower monthly payment (-$100-200 a year
or less). All my commercial contracts are 2-3 and residentials
are 2 year minimum. I started this last year and it has worked very well for me.
I usually try to get a new contract on a 2year contract if it needs to be cleaned up. I'm not going to spend 12 months fixing sombodys mess just to hand over a clean account to the low bidder the next year.
Posted via Mobile Device

gardenpro
01-24-2011, 08:34 PM
I'm not going to spend 12 months fixing sombodys mess just to hand over a clean account to the low bidder the next year.
Posted via Mobile Device

That's exactly it.

Many of the properties would not be swayed by $100-200 but it is a good idea.

johnsonslawnmanagement
01-24-2011, 08:40 PM
Well I Am very particular about my accounts, bordering on insainity. I have never had anyone say no when I presented a multiple-year contract.. Just do a fantastic job at everything you do and let your quality of work sell itself.
Posted via Mobile Device

gardenpro
01-24-2011, 09:24 PM
Actually some of these contracts I have had for 8 years. We do an awesome job.

In this economic climate I would rather bind contracts into longer terms rather than assume things aren't going to change. Seems everyone with a truck becomes a landscaper in bad economies. And clients may be more open to experiment when they are half the hourly rate.

gardenpro
01-25-2011, 12:40 PM
Anybody else able to add ideas- perks for accepting longer term contracts?
Thanks.

mountaineer
03-01-2011, 01:06 AM
I think this is something worth revisiting. Do you have longer than one season contracts and if so how do you arrange it?