PDA

View Full Version : Just Ordered a Quickie 32

NorthTXlawnguy
01-24-2011, 04:00 PM
Well, I just ordered a Quickie 32 for this spring. I have been mowing the past 2 years with 21" Hondas and need to step up the productivity and add a few more accounts. Looking forward to spring and getting things rolling. May the 21's collect dust!

Turf Dawg
01-24-2011, 04:09 PM
Sounds good. I have a 36" and really like it for what I do with it. I wished it had a non-tunnel deck so it wouold mulch better but all in all it is a pretty good mower.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
01-24-2011, 04:19 PM
OP - hate to say it but you should have ordered that thing when they were 20% off with free home delivery!

NorthTXlawnguy
01-24-2011, 04:44 PM
OP - hate to say it but you should have ordered that thing when they were 20% off with free home delivery!

I didn't know I would need one until now. And it is still a pretty good deal for the $.
I have mowed with other brands and don't expect miracles, but I am looking forward to building my business and figure it has to be better than the 21's!

Chevy z71
01-24-2011, 08:03 PM
Which moter did you get on it.

ALC-GregH
01-24-2011, 08:11 PM
I have the 36 dually. With the updated blades, it cuts great. Never experienced the wet grass issues others claim. They stripe great too.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e160/americanlawncare/CIMG0213.jpg

Exact Rototilling
01-24-2011, 08:27 PM
Congrats on the Q32. :clapping:

I also have a Q32 on order and I'm also looking to eliminate 21's if at all possible. I also have a Q44 on order as well and I already have a Q36 single I have run for several years.

I will be starting a thread in a month or so re: every possible blade combination for the BOP mowers 32, 36 & 44 and cutting performance compared etc. :cool2:

Frosty Top
01-24-2011, 09:27 PM
I ordered a 36" quick dually and I can't wait. All the threads I've read speak highly of the BOP mowers. Good bye 21" push mowers!

lifetree
01-24-2011, 09:45 PM
Well, I just ordered a Quickie 32 for this spring. I have been mowing the past 2 years with 21" Hondas and need to step up the productivity ...

Did you order a 32" Dually or single hydro machine ??

944own
01-24-2011, 10:17 PM
Well, I just ordered a Quickie 32 for this spring. I have been mowing the past 2 years with 21" Hondas and need to step up the productivity and add a few more accounts. Looking forward to spring and getting things rolling. May the 21's collect dust!
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=330639
You might check out this thread not the best review but I have never had one.

NorthTXlawnguy
01-24-2011, 11:00 PM
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=330639
You might check out this thread not the best review but I have never had one.

I read that thread before I ordered. As well as many positive comments. Having mowed with manty commercial mowers over the years, I find them all to be load and vibrate quite a bit when compared to a 21 inch toro or the like. I am looking to get some bang for my buck and am mechanically inclined so I can do a few mods to make it to my liking. It was also a grand less than a comparable belt drive locally. I may not end up loving it, but I bet I will like it and the productivity over my 21...

NorthTXlawnguy
01-24-2011, 11:00 PM
Which moter did you get on it.

15 kawasaki.

NorthTXlawnguy
01-24-2011, 11:02 PM
Congrats on the Q32. :clapping:

I also have a Q32 on order and I'm also looking to eliminate 21's if at all possible. I also have a Q44 on order as well and I already have a Q36 single I have run for several years.

I will be starting a thread in a month or so re: every possible blade combination for the BOP mowers 32, 36 & 44 and cutting performance compared etc. :cool2:

Thanks! I am looking forward to it. Also looking forward to your blade comparisons. I will probably do some of the same once the season gets here so we can compare notes.

944own
01-24-2011, 11:09 PM
I read that thread before I ordered. As well as many positive comments. Having mowed with manty commercial mowers over the years, I find them all to be load and vibrate quite a bit when compared to a 21 inch toro or the like. I am looking to get some bang for my buck and am mechanically inclined so I can do a few mods to make it to my liking. It was also a grand less than a comparable belt drive locally. I may not end up loving it, but I bet I will like it and the productivity over my 21...

OK I hope you like your new mower, that guy may not know what he was doing and if comparing to a 21 there is no comparison. It should be fine.:cool2:

NorthTXlawnguy
01-24-2011, 11:12 PM
OK I hope you like your new mower, that guy may not know what he was doing and if comparing to a 21 there is no comparison. It should be fine.:cool2:

I hope so too!:drinkup:

jaybow
01-25-2011, 12:52 PM
I have the 36 dually. With the updated blades, it cuts great. Never experienced the wet grass issues others claim. They stripe great too.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e160/americanlawncare/CIMG0213.jpg

I need to get the updated blades for my 36" Samarai. Do you just order the high lift blades and they will send you the upgraded versions?

Exact Rototilling
01-25-2011, 01:12 PM
Call BOP and ask for the Ultra High lift blades. I'm not sure why they are not on the web site.

jaybow
01-25-2011, 01:55 PM
Call BOP and ask for the Ultra High lift blades. I'm not sure why they are not on the web site.

Ok Thanks.

travski
01-25-2011, 01:58 PM
Nice purchase. My Q32 does 95% of the work my 21" used to. The only reason I have a 21" on my trailer is for the little old ladies yards with small gates.

You will love how much time it is going to shave off your route over your 21". I know I did.

PremierT&L
01-25-2011, 04:21 PM
I have 2 36s, a single and dual. They have served me very well. The only thing I would change was I should have just bought the 2 duals. I may sell the single this year and get another dual. Good luck.

Yard Boy 07
01-25-2011, 05:03 PM
Did you order a 32" Dually or single hydro machine ??

Good point about the single or double hydro. The single will work you to death.

NorthTXlawnguy
03-05-2011, 10:15 AM
Well, I got my Quickie 32. It is a single hydro and I find it easy to use after a couple of lawns. Yes, a bit more work than a dual hydro, but not much IMO. Definitely a lot more efficient than the old 21" Honda!
Better was not the best with communication and I expected that from old posts here. I will be ordering some supplies to have on hand such as cables as I can see that being my biggest concern for wear over time.
The good-it came on a nice skid and was fully assembled. I ordered the velke and mulch kit and they were both fully installed along with the handles. It had oil in the motor and was ready to go. The 15hp Kawi is all the power it needs and then some which is what I wanted. For a commercial mower it is very typical with noise and a little vibration. I guess I can see the homeowner who posted all the bad stuff about it being freaked out, but it is really no different in those areas to any other commercial mower I have used...Ferris, Scag, Exmark to name a few.
It cuts and mulches pretty well with stock blades. I will be trying gators soon to compare.
The cons-Shallow deck creates a lot of dust flying when mulching anything remotely dry ( at least I think it is a result of the shallow deck)
-Reverse lever is a bit of a challenge to use efficiently

Overall I like it and think I got a good value for my $ that will make me more productive than last year mowing with a 21. I plan to pay it off the first half of the mowing season and if the accounts keep coming I may look into a 36 dually after a few months of use and further evaluation.

flatlander42
03-05-2011, 10:56 AM
subscribed for pics!