PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor Wall Art Sculpture/Friezes

GreenQueen
01-24-2011, 06:13 PM
I have no idea which category to use for this post, but I picked the only one that said anything about architecture & design. I have a client who wants a metal wall sculpture mounted on her stone wall. I have not been able to find anything that works. Anyone have a good supplier for outdoor wall art? It will have to be a very large piece.

Thanks - and go ahead with the ribbing, I'm expecting it! :)

Az Gardener
01-24-2011, 08:30 PM
I don't imagine the piece your client is looking for is an off the shelf china reproduction sold all over the place. If they are look at a place like Hobby Lobby" they have some inexpensive big pieces.

More likely you will need to find a regional artist at a gallery that features their work. I would just start Googling metal art, garden pieces, etc. You should also pick a style S/W, contemporary, Indian etc.

You can also look at magazines like Phoenix Home & Garden, Southern Living, Veranda just to name a few. They have a "resources" section in the back of the magazine that lists where all the pieces, furniture, pictures, you name it came from in the various articles.

PaperCutter
01-25-2011, 09:42 AM
You're pretty close to Austin, right? There are a ton of art galleries there, as well as a really cool garden center (can't recall the name) that I'm sure could help you out. How big of a piece are you looking for?

GreenQueen
01-27-2011, 05:24 PM
AZ Gardener - Thank you! I hadn't thought of the resources section of my magazines. Finally have a reason to use those!

PaperCutter - I've put out some feelers in the local art community & have gotten some response back. As far as size - it needs to be large. Will be adorning the space above her hedges/under a decorative window that's 84" up from the ground.

Thank you both for responding!