PDA

View Full Version : cant find a good dump truck

Guzzo856
01-24-2011, 10:56 PM
been looking for a dump truck every day and have tried every site. I am looking for a crew or extended cab with a 12ft dump. somthing no older than 7 yrs old. and under $30,000. did anyone else have this problem

Gravel Rat
01-24-2011, 11:03 PM
been looking for a dump truck every day and have tried every site. I am looking for a crew or extended cab with a 12ft dump. somthing no older than 7 yrs old. and under $30,000. did anyone else have this problem

You will have to make your own, finding one is next to impossible you should be looking for a crewcab or extended cab. The biggest problem your going to find is a crew cab truck with a 84 inch cab axle measurement is extremely rare most are 60 inch. For a 12 foot flatdeck your going to need a truck with a 84 inch cab axle. Which means the center line of the rear axle to the back of the cab ie cab axle measurement.

You will have to have the frame stretched if you really want a 11 or 12 foot dump otherwise your going to be limited to a 9 foot dump. If you can use a regular cab then no problems lots of 84 ca trucks out there.

Evan528
02-03-2011, 12:33 PM
It took over a year of searching to find my 07 isuzu crew cab 12ft dump. Not many used ext or crew cab dumps around. The trends does seem to be changin in the new truck market..... I see tons of new creb cab trucks be advertised if you can afford the $60,000 price tag on most of them.

fjrlawns
02-03-2011, 03:16 PM
I've been going through the same; I just want a 2nd dump truck for a couple of guys to drive to other site. I can't find anything decent - looks like out west and Florida but nothing in NJ.

nitro1253
02-03-2011, 05:26 PM
http://cnj.craigslist.org/cto/2164778524.html

Mowingman
02-03-2011, 05:38 PM
I do not think you have looked very hard. Truck Trader Online has many used dumps listed that should fit your needs. Just on a quick search, I found 3 in your part of the country. Two are regular cab and one is a crew cab. All within your price and age limits. Nice looking cabover types. This quick search took me all of 4 minutes.
Better go check out that site, as there are many more listed .

fjrlawns
02-03-2011, 05:47 PM
Nitro - haven't checked craigslist...maybe I'll ck it out.
Mowingman - have been on truck trader but I'll go back- mayber it's been updated since I looked last week and ck it out. Looking for auto trans/diesel dump about 7-10 yrs old.
Thanks for the feedback

Mowingman
02-03-2011, 05:55 PM
Yep, I think there were 3 in N.J. Looked real PURTY. Might be trashed. But, worth checking out. Good time of the year to buy as sales are usually pretty slow and plenty of folks willing to deal if you show up with cash.
Post photos of the one you buy, so we can all drool over it.