PDA

View Full Version : john Deer 2011

John deer Z
01-25-2011, 12:22 PM
Does anyone know anything different john deer has for 2011?

MOHUSTLER
01-25-2011, 12:41 PM
Higher prices!:laugh:

Jason Rose
01-25-2011, 12:45 PM
Higher prices!:laugh:

That's no lie. Granted they all have been going up every year but I'd bet Deere is the highest in the industry because of that green paint and the name.

I priced a 54" 25 or 27 horse model with a catcher and the total price was over $13,000. Are you kidding me? the catcher alone they wanted almost 3 grand for. That's just stupid :hammerhead:

rmslawns
01-25-2011, 12:58 PM
If you just look and price them on the website, they do look expensive. Call several dealers and shop. I paid 8,200 for a Z920 54" several months ago.

Only thing new I hear may be changed on the Z900,s is the knob for locking height. It is round and some say hard to grip. No problem here. I also think they have some new upgraded walk behinds and standers.

Jason Rose
01-25-2011, 01:00 PM
My price came from the local dealer! But I think that price was also full MSRP. And they probably wonder why so few commercial guys run Deere.

MOHUSTLER
01-25-2011, 04:02 PM
They dont need commercial guys running them to stay in business. With thier brand name thoes old men farmers walk in with open check books and pay whatever they want. Its comical to an extent. Even my friend who is the salesman at the jonhdeere dealership says they charge whatever they want for equipment and parts cause people will pay anything for that green paint envy.

Im in a mid sized town nothing huge and the deere delaer sold over $50,000 in T shirts and hats. I cant even be a little bit mad at them for what they have done for thier brand name. Good job john deere.

shooterm
01-25-2011, 04:50 PM
JD is smart they really market the brand to the extreme. They also make good equipment. So now you have good equipment with demand for resale.

williams lcm
01-25-2011, 04:58 PM
They may be alittle more expensive but they have excellent build quality on the zero turns. The paint is probably the best in the industry. Never chips or rust anywhere. No pins to adjust height. I love the turn dial. Love my JD

lawnangel1
01-25-2011, 06:32 PM
They have a new line of walk behinds this year. John Deere prices are totally in-line with Exmark, Scag, and any other top brand of equipment.

mowerbrad
01-25-2011, 07:09 PM
This year John Deere has a new line of walkbehinds, both gear drive and hydro. The pistol grips are no longer the only control choice on the walkbehinds, the new hydros now have z-turn controls.

John Deere has upgraded their Quik-Trak line of stand-on mowers. They now offer larger engines, the 7ironPRO mowing deck and some more user friendly controls. These new quik-traks won't be available until mid-March.

Deere also offers their new 21" mowers. They have 2 models, brand new for this year. They actually came out toward the end of 2010, but they are the 2011 models.

The Z9's don't have too many new changes. They have an upgraded transport lock knob and larger diameter control levers. I have heard of some more deck choices for the different models, but haven't confirmed that yet.

As far as the pricing goes, if you go to the right dealer the prices are pretty much the same as any other big brand like Exmark or Scag.

I got my Z925 for about $13,500 including tax...that was the 27hp, 54" MOD deck, 3-bag MCS, front light kit, floor mat, JRCO mount bar, 3 sets of blades and extra oil and filter. If I didn't get the MOD deck and all the extra goodies I could have been out of there for around $12000. I don't really get why people think "you only pay for the green paint". When I priced other mowers, I found that the JD was very similarly priced to other mowers. You get a lot more than just a green mower, you get a brand that stands behind their product and in my experience, service that is second to none.

Deere is a very successful company for a reason. They have associated their name with more than just quality equipment, its even become a "name in fashion" even for people outside of the farm/mowing industry. You'll see high school/college kids wearing JD shirts or hats, even though they have never used any piece of JD equipment.

If you can't tell, I'm a huge JD advocate.

LawnCareNoobie
01-25-2011, 08:08 PM
wtf? JD zero turns are no more in cost than other reputable brands such as Exmark and Scag.

JDeereZman
01-25-2011, 08:54 PM
The new transport knob and larger hand grips are pretty much the only noticeable changes on the 900's. There is a new type of debris guard at the clutch. Other than that not a lot. Later on there is supposed to be a couple of EFI models.

JDeereZman
01-25-2011, 08:55 PM
Oh and one other thing that hasn't changed on the 900's.....they are still green.

John deer Z
01-26-2011, 09:04 AM
what is the price difference now from 2010?

JDeereZman
01-26-2011, 05:15 PM
what is the price difference now from 2010?

I don't have any knowledge of pricing for the 2011 models.