PDA

View Full Version : Leads to your phone

Baytownlawncare
01-26-2011, 11:43 AM
Question for you guys. I have a really good website that gives me plenty of business. I was thinking of purchasing some other domains around me that correspond with the city where the lawn service will be performed. I could probably take all the leads and have a huge business with lots of headaches if I took all these leads. Another option is to contact local competition around me in other cites other than mine and link the phone number from the website I build to their phone number. I was getting about 5-10 phones calls a week to my site last year during the peak of the season. Now here is the kicker. What would you be willing to pay for 20 to 40 calls a month for new clients? I was thinking something around fifty bucks. Or sell a discounted block for multiple months. If the lawn company does not pay, I will just cut them off and look for someone else to send the leads to.

HealeyV3
01-26-2011, 12:39 PM
Why not just sub the leads out if you don't have enough labor to take care of the leads yourself?

Baytownlawncare
01-26-2011, 01:18 PM
Do you mean give the work to someone else and take part of the money? I just not sure I want that headache. I assuming I would have to collect the money from the client, skim off my cut and give the rest to the LCO. I want the LCO to handle all the calls and just give me a "rent" for the leads. From my experience with my well planned website, I am thinking that a LCO could get a solid 5 clients a month, especially in the larger city about 20 miles from me. Population of Baytown is about 80K the other city is about 180K. Might be closer to 10 solid clients. $50 rent may be cheap for that kind of business. I think I could clean up but I have a full time job and do this part time.

Ooomwizard
01-27-2011, 05:46 AM
How, do clients find your website out of the hundreds of landscape websites out there? and are in your area? Through another form of advertising?

I've built and owned several websites. I find it hard to believe you get so many hits/inquiries.

Baytownlawncare
01-27-2011, 08:54 AM
How, do clients find your website out of the hundreds of landscape websites out there? and are in your area? Through another form of advertising?

I've built and owned several websites. I find it hard to believe you get so many hits/inquiries.

The biggest thing here is keywords in your website. My company name also contains my city name which helps in keyword searches. Boosting traffic from local advertising sites like southeasttexas.com and craigslist helps also. I get more calls than I can handle on just my website.

MOHUSTLER
01-27-2011, 10:39 AM
That sounds like a iffy thing to do. If I was the LCO that paid you for leads I would want say 10 leads a week guaranteed! Unless you are getting hundreds of calls a week it will be hard for you to collect money on a regular basis.

You would probably be better off to find a buddy or someone who u can trust and say il give u these leads and u pay me commision per yard u cut. Or something along thoes lines.

But in this day and age im sure u can find some sucker deseprate for work to pay u.

hackitdown
01-27-2011, 02:35 PM
Your plan sounds a lot like ServiceMagic, but only for lawns.

Richard Martin
01-27-2011, 07:02 PM
The biggest thing here is keywords in your website. My company name also contains my city name which helps in keyword searches. Boosting traffic from local advertising sites like southeasttexas.com and craigslist helps also. I get more calls than I can handle on just my website.

You're clueless about web pages. You need to clean it up a bit particularly the <title>Baytown Lawn Care | yard mowing service, weedeating, edging, 77520, 77521, 77522</title> nonsense. If you want to give search engines keywords then add them in the meta section.

It would look like this:

<HEAD>
<TITLE>Baytown Lawn Care - The Finest In Lawn Care</TITLE>
<META name="description" content="We are the finest lawn service in the Baytown area">
<META name="keywords" content="Baytown, lawn service, landscaping, 77520, 77521, 77522">
</HEAD>

Baytownlawncare
01-30-2011, 08:01 AM
My brother handles that. All i know is that I get plenty of calls. I picked up 2 clients in the last week.

ALC-GregH
01-30-2011, 09:00 AM
Keep chancing down all those calls. I'm going to sit back and take it easy. You are destined to fail. Please don't take that as a insult, it's not. Wait, you won't fail because you already have a full time job so when it gets tough out there in the heat, you can run inside to you day job.

Richard Martin
01-30-2011, 09:21 AM
My brother handles that. All i know is that I get plenty of calls. I picked up 2 clients in the last week.

I'm sorry. You came in all acting like some kind of marketing guru and I thought I'd help you out. Give the code to your brother then and tell him to replace the garbage you have at the very top of index.htm Your page will look better.