PDA

View Full Version : GoiLawn aerial views of potential bids...

TriCityLawnCareLLC
01-26-2011, 01:53 PM
Attached i have a property that I am currently in the process of writing up a proposal for. Seeking your thoughts (from solo and multi-person operations) on your rates. I'm bidding on the entire property maintenance, but I just want to check my mowing/trimming & fert prices against yours. I'm bidding for a firm that has 22 units similar to this one. You can bid individual units or the whole entity.
I am a solo operator with part-time help. I'm not equipped enough to bid on all 22 but i can definitely bid on a few. I saw the guys that did it last year, appeared to be a three man crew (thus why i ask for input from both solo and multi-person operations). Here is one unit, it is plus or minus 42k sq ft, so not quit an acre of mowing, but plenty of trimming. The fertilizing is for 6 apps. Mowing is April-November. Let me know what you would bid (roughly). Thanks Guys, Gotta love Lawnsite. :usflag:

LawnEnforcement25
01-26-2011, 01:58 PM
im horrible at quoting so ill give it a shot and see what people think. I would probably tell the guy $120 for the cutting/edging/blowing. Im not a fert man (YET) so i have absolutely no clue about that side of the biz. im not sure if im a a little high or if im cutting my own throat any why, im just eyeballing it and going with a gut feeling. probably the worst method ever.

Exact Rototilling
01-26-2011, 02:05 PM
I wise they had an Android app for that program.

silverado212
01-26-2011, 02:07 PM
A couple of ?'s for you.
How big are your mowers? ie:how much ground can you cover per hr?
How many mowers trimmers and men on site?
Why 6 applications?

TriCityLawnCareLLC
01-26-2011, 02:18 PM
A couple of ?'s for you.
How big are your mowers? ie:how much ground can you cover per hr?
How many mowers trimmers and men on site?
Why 6 applications?

Silverado, first of all thanks for helping out. The 6 apps is what they want. Now, no offense to you by any means, but i'm not going to disclose any info regarding equipment numbers or sizes or timmers and people (I fear it would take the purpose of my thread in a different direction). I've already got my proposal worked out, I'm not really seeking help on bidding these properties, i'm just trying to compare it against other professionals both solos ops and multi-person ops. Thank to all.

silverado212
01-26-2011, 02:23 PM
No offense taken. Was trying to be helpful.

TriCityLawnCareLLC
01-26-2011, 03:06 PM
Thanks Man. Input from anyone is appreciated.

kyajsl
01-26-2011, 03:11 PM
well solo or crew the price should be the same and you cannot or should not price mowing by the square ft .that said my price to mow one versus all would be completely different.

mowerbrad
01-26-2011, 03:15 PM
Why does it matter what others would bid on this property? Afterall, you know your business and what you need to make. I could charge $80/cut and make a decent profit, but you could charge $60/cut and make the same profit...I don't know your business.

If you are looking for prices, at least give us the equipment you are going to be using. I assume it will be you and your part-time helper on the property. But what size equipment are you going to be using? I don't care about brand, but size and type will be a huge factor. Someone running two 72" ztr's is going to knock this property out in half the time someone with a couple 36" walkbehinds would. In other words, just tell us what size equipment you will be using on this property.

Personally, I don't get why people ask what to price accounts at on here. It's your business, you should know how to price a property. It just doesn't make sense to me to compare your prices with other guys.

TMlawncare
01-26-2011, 03:26 PM
It does not matter what size of equipment he has or how many employees when it comes to the bid. That property is bid for the size, complexity and quality of service desired by the owner. If you are mowing it with a 21" and takes you all day or another company has a 3 man crew with 60" Z mowers the bid will be the same. Its not the owners problem if you show up with a 21" and a rechargable trimmer and a broom.
Btw. Mowing bid would be $95 per mowing and $210 per app.

TriCityLawnCareLLC
01-26-2011, 03:51 PM
Thank you for your replies thus far. I may not have made myself clear, I'm not asking WHAT to price this at, i'm just asking what YOU would price this at. My proposal seems to be complete, i'm now in the reviewing process.

kyajs- You're exactly right.

Mowerbrad-I can see where you're coming from, and it's a valid point if i were completely clueless as to how to bid this account. I do not disagree with you, had i been looking for WHAT to bid. On second thought Brad, as i sit here typing its true what you say. I know what i will and will not work for (net wise). I should just place my bid and if i don't get it, well move on to the next one.

TMlawncare- Your thoughts are more along the lines of what i'm looking for. It doesn't really matter what equipment i or you have, the owner is looking at a price. I am simply trying to make sure what i've got seems reasonable. Like I said, i do have my proposal written up, but it's just nice to compare with others, helps me see what my competition will be bringing to the table. (like watching film of the other team before the big game :)

So with all that being said, if you want to chime in, I appreciate your thoughts.