PDA

View Full Version : Flower Bed estimate

Baytownlawncare
01-26-2011, 03:35 PM
I have a lady at my church that needs many flower beds re-mulched at her house. I figured about 6.5 to 7 cubic yards of mulch to put down 3 inches in all her beds. The quote I got for mulch and delivery is about $250. I figure this will take 1 day and maybe half another to spread it. How much labor would you guys charge. I am figuring about $250 for sure maybe more. All input would be good!

GainesvilleLawnscaping
01-26-2011, 03:49 PM
We charge $45/yd installed here, but I'm only paying $20/yd for the mulch including delivery. Figure about 1 hour to install 1 yard.

williams lcm
01-26-2011, 05:47 PM
I usually get the bags by the pallet loaded on my truck. This saves in delivery cost. Then I double the cost give or take per bag per job. I like bag mulch because I dont have a mess to clean up on the driveway and if I have bags left over I can return them or take them to my house for mulch. Usually home depot will run a special in my area around spring for all bag mulch half price. Big savings$$$

Baytownlawncare
01-27-2011, 08:49 AM
Well I told the lady a price of $500 and she had sticker shock. She told me we would have to wait or do a few beds at a time. The ball is in her court now so I will wait and see what she wants done or not done. I personally could not believe the cost either.

Pressedun
01-27-2011, 10:58 AM
I don't think that's outrageous at all, my rate is $80 per yard installed. If you figured 6 to 7 yards then I think you're in the right range.

tree_hugger
01-27-2011, 11:26 AM
i charge $75/yd and you must be working solo because if it took me a day and a half to do this job i would quit the business. get 2 guys to help and you can be done in 4 hrs. one guy filling up wheel barrows, one guy dumping the wheel barrows, and one guy spreading.

MMADDUX
01-27-2011, 08:15 PM
i charge $75/yd and you must be working solo because if it took me a day and a half to do this job i would quit the business. get 2 guys to help and you can be done in 4 hrs. one guy filling up wheel barrows, one guy dumping the wheel barrows, and one guy spreading.

I'll second this, he is exactly right.

me and 2 of my guys will do 10 yards in about 3 hours or a little more depending on how much stuff there is to mulch around.

Also why do you need your mulch 3 inches deep for flower beds?
If you mulch once a year you don't need that much.