PDA

View Full Version : Walker mower walk behind.

alexschultz1
01-26-2011, 08:58 PM
I haven't heard any reviews about this mower yet, I'm looking at getting the 42" with the mulching deck and retractable sulky. no one has given me a price yet, but I'm guessing its going to be around $6000?? i bet its a beast when it comes to mowing Bermuda

dishboy
01-27-2011, 11:16 AM
I haven't heard any reviews about this mower yet, I'm looking at getting the 42" with the mulching deck and retractable sulky. no one has given me a price yet, but I'm guessing its going to be around $6000?? i bet its a beast when it comes to mowing Bermuda

My shop does not like the model W as the complexity of servicing, and belts changes. Have you looked at one closely? If you do not have a lot of mechanical knowledge to work on it yourself it could be spendy to maintain. Not sure on the power requirement for bermuda but the 42" mulch deck works great on northern grasses with a 18hp model B. I would demo that deck/ tractor combo as 15 hp may be lacking on Bermuda ? I run a Kawa 14 HP single on a belt drive machine with a 42" mulch deck and it works OK. With mulching you usually run out of mulching ability before HP if you are not seriously underpowered.

mslawn
01-27-2011, 06:43 PM
I think I would rather invest my money in something such as a Turf Tracer.

dishboy
01-27-2011, 06:48 PM
I think I would rather invest my money in something such as a Turf Tracer.

Not for mowing short like they mow Bermuda, nothing will compare unless it has a true floating deck like a Walker. A TT will destroy a yard at less than 2" HOC.

goose2
01-27-2011, 07:16 PM
Yes, nothing compares to the cut of a Walker :):):)

mslawn
01-27-2011, 08:22 PM
A TT will destroy a yard at less than 2" HOC.

No, it wont. I own 5 turf tracers and cut bermuda. If your worried about the cut that much, buy a reel mower.
The walkers deck is hung in the same fashion as the Turf Tracer, they are both too heavy to actually float though.

dishboy
01-27-2011, 08:37 PM
No, it wont. I own 5 turf tracers and cut bermuda. If your worried about the cut that much, buy a reel mower.
The walkers deck is hung in the same fashion as the Turf Tracer, they are both too heavy to actually float though.

No it's not , go lift the front left caster 2" off the ground and come back and tell me what the right caster and right edger of the deck just did.

mslawn
01-27-2011, 08:49 PM
No it's not , go lift the front left caster 2" off the ground and come back and tell me what the right caster and right edger of the deck just did.

So they must have incorporated a pivot point in it.
I still am not impressed with Walker. I would never invest in one.

dishboy
01-27-2011, 08:55 PM
So they must have incorporated a pivot point in it.
I still am not impressed with Walker. I would never invest in one.

Go lift a Walker caster 2" off the ground, you will be impressed!

horttenn
01-27-2011, 09:12 PM
I have a Walker with 48" deck. Best cutting mower that I have ever owned. I have 4 exmarks now. If it is just me running the mower Walker all the way. But it is not built for commercial properties. Many going over curbs. It is for sell if anybody is interested. Around 125 hrs. Put everyone on myself.

alexschultz1
01-30-2011, 11:19 PM
[QUOTE=horttenn;3872622]I have a Walker with 48" deck. Best cutting mower that I have ever owned. I have 4 exmarks now. If it is just me running the mower Walker all the way. But it is not built for commercial properties. Many going over curbs. It is for sell if anybody is interested. Around 125 hrs. Put everyone on myself.[/QUOTE
Ya im interested, im buying one here in ga but id like to have 2 of them in the trailer. I dont understand why you think the turf tracer is like the walker, you obviously have no idea what you are talking about
Posted via Mobile Device