PDA

View Full Version : Should I Buy??? 1 ton dump blown motor (diesel)

E&IAsphaltMaintenance
01-27-2011, 09:38 AM
Ok guys. I'm new to this fourm. And have a question about this truck. Its a 1996 Ford powerstroke with a dumpbed. It has a western plow and salter on it also. But here is the tricky part. The motor is making noise and they want $3500 for it. It would help my company out a lot, patchs,sealcoating really whatever. So what do you guys think. Thanks Andrew

patpls
01-27-2011, 11:53 AM
If it's in your budget, get the truck put a reco motor in it straight away ad and have a useful reliable addition to your fleet that you fell secure enough in that it won't let you down mid season when you don't have time to be playing around with fixing it.

stroker51
01-27-2011, 01:19 PM
The motor wouldnt scare me as much as the 96 with a plow and salter. I have 3 96 powerstrokes we plow with, and all but one of them never saw a plow until we got them. The one that came with a plow and had a salter is a never ending battle of fixing rust related issues. The body is super clean for a 96 but underneath seems like there is always something to worry about or fix. I had a 93 F250 several years ago with 30k original miles. Came with a plow salter had been sold and that one was nothing but problems, brake lines, oil pan, spring mounts, cross members. If it has been taken care of in the rust department, which is entirely possible, then get it bought and find a low mileage motor from a wrecked truck and you will be good to go. What kind of noise is it making?

E&IAsphaltMaintenance
01-27-2011, 02:17 PM
Im not 100% percent whats the noise in the motor. Im waitng to hear from the owner with more info before i pull the trigger
Posted via Mobile Device