PDA

View Full Version : Hustler 400 72" 3-way Deck Questions

96stroke
01-27-2011, 11:20 AM
I was performing my annuall maintnace on a new mower I picked up during the winter. It is a Hustler/Excell with a 72" 3-way Deck. Upon scraping the crap out from under the deck, I noticed the center blade tilted (about 0.5" left to right). Is this made like that from the factory? Also does anyone have some pictures of the underside of the deck baffles that direct the cuttings? What does the "lifetime" waranty from Hustler cover on the decks?

mowerconsultant
01-27-2011, 05:15 PM
I was performing my annuall maintnace on a new mower I picked up during the winter. It is a Hustler/Excell with a 72" 3-way Deck. Upon scraping the crap out from under the deck, I noticed the center blade tilted (about 0.5" left to right). Is this made like that from the factory? Also does anyone have some pictures of the underside of the deck baffles that direct the cuttings? What does the "lifetime" waranty from Hustler cover on the decks?

Is the tilt matching to the other blades? if not the deck may be bent.
The lifetime leading edge of the deck warranty applies to our mid mount ZTR's such as the Hustler Z and Super Z and FasTraks.
A machine of age, such as your 400 did not come with a lifetime deck warranty.

Pj

96stroke
01-28-2011, 12:58 PM
OK, thanks for the info. I am thinking that the deck is bent as the center blade is the only one that is at an angle and the top of the deck is not straight. Looks like its time to get the BFH and torch out!!!! Does anyone know were to get a service manuall for the tractor and deck? Can get the serial/model numbers.

mowerconsultant
01-28-2011, 12:59 PM
OK, thanks for the info. I am thinking that the deck is bent as the center blade is the only one that is at an angle and the top of the deck is not straight. Looks like its time to get the BFH and torch out!!!! Does anyone know were to get a service manuall for the tractor and deck? Can get the serial/model numbers.

I may have the manuals for you in .PDF format, email me your model and serial #'s from the tractor and the deck.

Pj