PDA

View Full Version : certification questions

head_start
01-27-2011, 01:57 PM
Do I have to be a member of the AOLP to take the CLVLT and COLD test? In connection with that last question, would the fees stack up for member ship and the tests, or does the membership costs include the testing fees?
Im not ready to take these test, Im not even a member yet, but have debated it seriously for the last year. I want to learn more before I start paying for tests, so I can go in with some knowledge, are there any suggestions for learning other than the AOLP? Books? Respectable websites? People in Illinois or Indiana?

NightScenes
02-15-2011, 04:07 PM
Head_Start, has anyone answered this question for you personally? I don't see any responses here. If not, let me know and I'll answer your questions.

head_start
02-22-2011, 09:11 PM
No one has answered me yet.

AOLP
02-23-2011, 11:55 PM
Do I have to be a member of the AOLP to take the CLVLT and COLD test? In connection with that last question, would the fees stack up for member ship and the tests, or does the membership costs include the testing fees?
Im not ready to take these test, Im not even a member yet, but have debated it seriously for the last year. I want to learn more before I start paying for tests, so I can go in with some knowledge, are there any suggestions for learning other than the AOLP? Books? Respectable websites? People in Illinois or Indiana?

the answer is "yes", you have to be a member to take the clvlt test. The cold program is a four year program that has assignments with a 1 to 2 day class held before conference each year. Costs stacking up has a negative connotation in my opinion. costs can "stack" up with most things one finds worth doing. Starting a business, getting married, joining a bowling league, taking up golf, deciding to get a drivers license. I hope you decide that becoming a member of the AOLP is worth the cost. Probably difficult for you to make that call with the information you have presently. send me a pm with a telephone # or email I can reach you at and I will answer any question you have in more detail. I can recommend some reading. the clvlt would be great for you, comes with it's own study guide. We work in southern Illinois and southern Indiana. Will need more info on what you mean by respectable websites. look forward to hearing from you.

thanks

chris