PDA

View Full Version : worldlawn Mowers, just check them out at GGIA

alexschultz1
01-27-2011, 03:56 PM
just got back from the GGIA show in georgia and worldlawn had a booth set up with a 52" z brand new for $5000 (it looks like a $5000 machine) but they also had a 36" floating deck belt drive mower with a 15hp Kawasaki engine and built in mulching plate that engages with a kick of your foot, pretty ingenious. Im very familiar with cheap equipment and this thing looks nice. It didnt have anything complicated on it just the basics, this is how mowers should be built. Its cheap and uncomplicated, its deck is nice and will no doubt cut well with a 15hp engine and a floating deck, and its only $2000 for a brand new one. think about that for a minute, for $4000 you can have two brand new floating 36" mowers and when your workers beat them up it wont give you a heart attack. Im demoing one very soon, ill update you guys on how everything goes, but by the look of it im going to be very pleased.

http://www.worldlawnpowerequip.com/images/3601.jpg

jaybow
01-27-2011, 04:16 PM
Hey your not kiding it looks pretty nice. Where are they made at?
Posted via Mobile Device

jaybow
01-27-2011, 04:17 PM
Is that a kawasaki?
Posted via Mobile Device

lawnkingforever
01-27-2011, 04:47 PM
I like the "mulch on demand feature". Very simple solution for people that side discharge, but may not want to blow clippings on to sidewalks, patios, mulchbeds ect...
With a Kaw engine and a 2K price tag, it would be good mower for gated yards.

twcw5804
01-27-2011, 04:48 PM
17hp kawi electric start brand new on ebay $2695 good deal

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-WORLD-LAWN-36-COMMERCIAL-WALK-BEHIND-MOWER-/230538228082?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35ad263172

jaybow
01-27-2011, 04:49 PM
The engine alone costs close to a grand.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Captain
01-27-2011, 04:49 PM
I think I saw these in Louisville at GIE-Expo. If so they were in a inside booth staffed by orientals. This would lead me to think they are Chinese made. Seemed kind of cheaply built in my opinion and the engine was a B&S. Check out their website.

dvgross
01-27-2011, 04:54 PM
17hp kawi electric start brand new on ebay $2695 good deal

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-WORLD-LAWN-36-COMMERCIAL-WALK-BEHIND-MOWER-/230538228082?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35ad263172

It says below the add that it is a 13hp Kawasaki, not a 17hp. Think that may be a bit weak?

twcw5804
01-27-2011, 05:00 PM
I used a 13hp kohler and wanted just a bit more power. If its a Kawi it maybe ok, but I always wanted a 15hp on my 36'' when I owned them. I got one big account that I bid this year that if I get it I maybe interested in one of these as it has a lot of hills.

grassman177
01-27-2011, 05:04 PM
cheap grade commercial knock off , chinese made completely.

alexschultz1
01-27-2011, 07:16 PM
Its definatly a chinese built mower but its not junk im sure of it, I looked at tgis mower for a long time
Posted via Mobile Device

HenryB
01-27-2011, 07:29 PM
The reality is Commercial mowers especially ZTR's are extremely overpriced. At 8,10,12 and $14000 they are asking for this. Hence why Bobcat Exmark Hustler etc are making lower priced commercial ZTR's. Wether the chinese,americans or japanese it's irrellevent we are going to see competition. With bloated pricing and big profits I would not be surprised to see Ford ,GMC and Dodge making ZTR's. Why not the ZTR's are priced more than some of their cars with no airbags, computers etc we might just see it.

Richard Martin
01-27-2011, 07:35 PM
Hey your not kiding it looks pretty nice. Where are they made at?
Posted via Mobile Device

They're assembled in the US from Chinese steel.

BINKY1902
01-27-2011, 09:27 PM
It is a nice looking machine for sure. I'd love to hear how the demo goes on it.

jaybow
01-27-2011, 10:58 PM
Here is a pic of the 42" walk behind and the 52" rider.

jaybow
01-27-2011, 11:01 PM
The chinese are master of replicating things. It looks nice though. I can see were its a little cheaper made from the pics. I can imagine in person or after using for a while you would find more weaknesses. But for the money it looks impressive.

jaybow
01-27-2011, 11:03 PM
I wonder how the spindles are, and the gear box? And what engine is that on the 42" walk behind?

Agape
01-28-2011, 02:59 AM
the main thing is the workings- motor-pumps- trans.

Every thing else is formed metal, spindles are just casings to hold two bearings with a shaft through the bearings so I would think that if the motor and pumps are good, it would be a good deal, and maybe even worth getting a motor when it dies.
has anyone used this mower?

Agape
01-28-2011, 03:02 AM
oh, nevermind, that's a belt drive.
check out the quickie
http://betteroutdoorproducts.com/index.asp?page=Home%5FL%2Ehtm

coolluv
01-28-2011, 07:04 AM
The reality is Commercial mowers especially ZTR's are extremely overpriced. At 8,10,12 and $14000 they are asking for this. Hence why Bobcat Exmark Hustler etc are making lower priced commercial ZTR's. Wether the chinese,americans or japanese it's irrellevent we are going to see competition. With bloated pricing and big profits I would not be surprised to see Ford ,GMC and Dodge making ZTR's. Why not the ZTR's are priced more than some of their cars with no airbags, computers etc we might just see it.

I'm glad someone else feels the same way I do. I said this before and most on here acted like it was no big deal, and just the cost of doing business. Some even said they didn't care what it costs because the money it made them was worth it.

You have a simple frame with simple hydraulics, a simple engine etc. and it cost as much as a highly engineered and sophisticated vehicle. So every year the cost of equipment rises, gas prices rise, I know my insurance cost rise every year and just about everything else rises in costs every year. But can you guess what gets lower every year? Can you guess what hasn't changed much since the 1980's?

There is no way in hell those mowers are worth even half of what they charge us, that is my opinion.

Dave...

MOHUSTLER
01-28-2011, 11:07 AM
I'm glad someone else feels the same way I do. I said this before and most on here acted like it was no big deal, and just the cost of doing business. Some even said they didn't care what it costs because the money it made them was worth it.

You have a simple frame with simple hydraulics, a simple engine etc. and it cost as much as a highly engineered and sophisticated vehicle. So every year the cost of equipment rises, gas prices rise, I know my insurance cost rise every year and just about everything else rises in costs every year. But can you guess what gets lower every year? Can you guess what hasn't changed much since the 1980's?

There is no way in hell those mowers are worth even half of what they charge us, that is my opinion.

Dave...

Im not going to disagree with you, BUT.. you need to take into acount that scag, hustler, exmark, toro ext.. All have a top of the industry R&D dept. And companies like BB, world lawn, ext.. are takeing these designs that other companies have paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to design and figure out how they work and copying them.

Lets just use hustler as an example. Im not 100% sure on R&D cost but i do know its well over the $100,000 mark. And they offer a 4 year warranty, New kawi, kohler engines, made in america with our high labor prices.

The most expensive stuff that no one thinks about is WARRANTY, ADVERTISING, DEALER FLOOR PLAN, FINANCE CHARGES.

A company like hsutler has to eat alot of money on a 4 year warranty, pay every dealer back 50% advertising, pay ALOT of money so that a dealer can carry a mower on thier floor for a year, And when they give you 0% for 36 months that cost them 5% for hustler and 5% for the dealer that adds up quick.

nolanjim
01-28-2011, 11:38 AM
Looks good. I'd use it. I like my exmarks, wrights, and toros but there is nothing wrong with using a cheaper brand. As long as it has a good engine and transmission, go for it.

Roger
01-28-2011, 11:58 AM
[QUOTE=MOHUSTLER;3873083..... are takeing these designs that other companies have paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to design and figure out how they work and copying them.

...[/QUOTE]

This is the primary element of many products. Pirated software that costs millions to develop is merely pirated, used, or resold. Lack of protection of development costs is a significant drain on our competitive advantage.

Roger
01-28-2011, 12:00 PM
..... With bloated pricing and big profits I would not be surprised to see Ford ,GMC and Dodge making ZTR's. .....

This is exactly the same post made in the other thread. Some of us asked for the data to support "big profits," but have yet to see any proof. You may be right, but aren't we entitled to see the data from which you made your claim?

HenryB
01-28-2011, 12:41 PM
This is exactly the same post made in the other thread. Some of us asked for the data to support "big profits," but have yet to see any proof. You may be right, but aren't we entitled to see the data from which you made your claim?

Roger your request is pointless. I'll call Scag and demand their Financial Statements. You have over 4000 posts your not 11 yrs old. This is a dumb request. This is a forumn we all give our opinions that is mine. Their picing is too high and bloated IMO.
As far as research and design there not state of the art and what technology; hydro pumps and wheel motors? A mowing deck? Suspention seat. These weren't invented by current manufacturers.
Last time I checked Scag Hustler Toro and Exmark were not manufacturing hydro pumps.engines,belts,clutches,tires,bearings,seats,switches wires etc. Not so different from World lawn mowers.
IMO LT Rich and the Wright co are both very innovative. It's innovative small startups that force big bloated dinosaour co's to keep improving. I think the OCD on the Worldlawnmower is very clever.ZTR's have not changed much in 15yrs. Bigger engines? Not very impressive.
I'm different than many on here because I hold my standard a bit higher;example people complained on here about Hustlers problems wheel motors, exhaust burning turf, lack of torque in their drive system and they responded with a new Super Z that looks amazing. If they are not questioned and held to a higher standard there is no reason to improve.

coolluv
01-28-2011, 01:10 PM
Roger your request is pointless. I'll call Scag and demand their Financial Statements. You have over 4000 posts your not 11 yrs old. This is a dumb request. This is a forumn we all give our opinions that is mine. Their picing is too high and bloated IMO.
As far as research and design there not state of the art and what technology; hydro pumps and wheel motors? A mowing deck? Suspention seat. These weren't invented by current manufacturers.
Last time I checked Scag Hustler Toro and Exmark were not manufacturing hydro pumps.engines,belts,clutches,tires,bearings,seats,switches wires etc. Not so different from World lawn mowers.
IMO LT Rich and the Wright co are both very innovative. It's innovative small startups that force big bloated dinosaour co's to keep improving. I think the OCD on the Worldlawnmower is very clever.ZTR's have not changed much in 15yrs. Bigger engines? Not very impressive.
I'm different than many on here because I hold my standard a bit higher;example people complained on here about Hustlers problems wheel motors, exhaust burning turf, lack of torque in their drive system and they responded with a new Super Z that looks amazing. If they are not questioned and held to a higher standard there is no reason to improve.

Excellent points. How much R&D goes into a simple mower and cutting deck, for the most part all cutting decks seem to lack in one area or another. Why does everyone say Wait don't buy that mower until they get the bugs worked out. Which is usually many bugs. Example Grand Stand mower and John Deere Zs.

The problem is its easy to try to justify overly inflated cost to a uneducated consumer.

Dave...

unit28
01-28-2011, 05:00 PM
Is that thing the same as this John deere frame?

Some components are different between the two,
but those fron caster forks look like they're unforgiving.

Turf Dawg
01-28-2011, 05:19 PM
Im not going to disagree with you, BUT.. you need to take into acount that scag, hustler, exmark, toro ext.. All have a top of the industry R&D dept. And companies like BB, world lawn, ext.. are takeing these designs that other companies have paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to design and figure out how they work and copying them.

Lets just use hustler as an example. Im not 100% sure on R&D cost but i do know its well over the $100,000 mark. And they offer a 4 year warranty, New kawi, kohler engines, made in america with our high labor prices.

The most expensive stuff that no one thinks about is WARRANTY, ADVERTISING, DEALER FLOOR PLAN, FINANCE CHARGES.

A company like hsutler has to eat alot of money on a 4 year warranty, pay every dealer back 50% advertising, pay ALOT of money so that a dealer can carry a mower on thier floor for a year, And when they give you 0% for 36 months that cost them 5% for hustler and 5% for the dealer that adds up quick.

And do not forget the tooling cost of setting up new manufacturing equipment for the new things the R&D department comes up with. Let us just take the John Deere 800 series and the Exmark Triton deck. R&D comes up with something then they change tooling for this new development and then they are a flop so the R&D has to come up with something else and has to change tooling again. These mess-ups cost the company dearly and some is going to trickle down.

djagusch
01-28-2011, 06:03 PM

Wright innovative? How so? They had an advantage since 1998 or so and have one niche (the stander). There ztr and wb and very low sellers. Toro/scag has made a dent in the stander market because wright couldn't make a mower cut well. Wright also missed the boat on the zspray/ls ride on equipment. Not very innovating to say the least.

For the profit statement, when you see a lco driving new truck do you judge for having huge profits.
Posted via Mobile Device

HenryB
01-28-2011, 06:15 PM
Wright innovative? How so? They had an advantage since 1998 or so and have one niche (the stander). There ztr and wb and very low sellers. Toro/scag has made a dent in the stander market because wright couldn't make a mower cut well. Wright also missed the boat on the zspray/ls ride on equipment. Not very innovating to say the least.

For the profit statement, when you see a lco driving new truck do you judge for having huge profits.
Posted via Mobile Device

Wright invented not only the Stander but the Velke/Sulky as well. There machines are used to make Z-Sprays. They are profiting from every Z-Spray sold.
To answer your last question. No the vehicle someone drives is not indicative of their wealth. Think Warren Buffet and his Ford Pickup.
If these companies are not making a big profit off a $12k gas ZTR they need to manage their finances and expense better.

djagusch
01-28-2011, 06:43 PM
Wright invented not only the Stander but the Velke/Sulky as well. There machines are used to make Z-Sprays. They are profiting from every Z-Spray sold.
To answer your last question. No the vehicle someone drives is not indicative of their wealth. Think Warren Buffet and his Ford Pickup.
If these companies are not making a big profit off a $12k gas ZTR they need to manage their finances and expense better.

If they are inovative why didn't they make the zspray? Velke pretty simple basic but sure. Anything else?
Posted via Mobile Device