PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have an Accelerator on Scag 36"

sjcorpst
01-27-2011, 09:01 PM
I'm wanting to get some opinions from anyone that has an Accelerator grass catcher on a Scag Advantage with a 36" deck. How well does it fit up to the discharge area? I see the same model fits the 48" also, which has more of a flat discharge chute because of the extra width, where the 36" chute is partially on the curve at the back of the deck.

The Captain
01-27-2011, 09:54 PM
I have one and it works pretty good. I use it for gated yards that require bagging of clippings and leaf work. I have made the same bagger work on all three of my Scags. A 36" wb, 48" wb and 52" Turf Tiger. How well it works depends on how and where on the deck you install the bracket.

sjcorpst
01-27-2011, 11:14 PM
Can you elaborate more on the how and where part? I'm assuming you mean with regards to which hole you mount the pin in?

The Captain
01-28-2011, 12:47 AM
That slight curve of the deck didn't cause much of a problem. There is a little "blow by" but not enough to matter. Where on the deck you mount the aluminum angle (the part the bagger hangs on) with the hole in it, determines where the trailing edge of the bagger opening matches the back edge of the deck discharge opening. Also, the bagger has to fit pretty tight against the side of the deck. Working alone, I had to rest the bagger on some blocks so I could postion the bracket on the deck. If all else fails contact Accelerator Industries and ask for some guidance for your particular deck. They are good people to deal with. Good luck...