PDA

View Full Version : Really glad there is a forum for us

Florida Gardener
01-28-2011, 06:06 PM
It's great that the Floridians have their own forum. No more "why do you get payed the same amount in the winter." or other things the rest of the country can't comprehend bc they don't know our state.
Posted via Mobile Device

Landscape Poet
01-28-2011, 06:22 PM
It's great that the Floridians have their own forum. No more "why do you get payed the same amount in the winter." or other things the rest of the country can't comprehend bc they don't know our state.
Posted via Mobile Device

It is nice, but I am not sure if they should of divided it up into turf grass zones. We would still get the same question you mentioned as the guys in AL and GA but they also have similar turf grasses, and can have similar soil conditions so we might have more response in these threads. I am pretty sure that all the folks from FL have not found the forum down here yet, or at least are not posting on them but I think if it was maybe a larger as described above it would be more active.

starry night
01-28-2011, 06:51 PM
Thank goodness you are fenced off by yourselves where you can do no harm to the rest of us in normal states. :waving:

Showpropserv
01-28-2011, 08:03 PM
build ye wall I recon keep all them dang illigals down there with a moat:weightlifter:

Landscape Poet
01-28-2011, 10:35 PM
build ye wall I recon keep all them dang illigals down there with a moat:weightlifter:

Doubt that they will be heading to your colder weather anytime soon, but if it keeps getting colder down here every year......then prepare for the MN state anthem to sound a little like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXnz-64n4t4

Ric
01-29-2011, 12:30 PM
Thank goodness you are fenced off by yourselves where you can do no harm to the rest of us in normal states. :waving:

Yep Too bad we can't build a build a fence at the state line to keep the Tin Can tourist from Coming to Florida with a Clean shirt and a Five Dollar bill. They Don't change either and stink up our enviroment.

Patriot Services
01-29-2011, 02:20 PM

Ahem? Stones, glass houses, pots, kettles, the color black, let he who is without sin? Et tu?
Posted via Mobile Device

starry night
01-29-2011, 02:53 PM
In case you haven't noticed, Ohio probably sends more winter population and tourists your way than any other state. We're trying to contribute some normalcy, at least, notwithstanding lots of bucks. This is us::cool2:

Patriot Services
01-29-2011, 03:14 PM
Yep, that looks like an Ohioian. No hair, shorts pulled up to their nipples and penny loafers with no socks. They are lining up at every buffet right now for the early bird special.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ric
01-29-2011, 06:29 PM
Yep, that looks like an Ohioian. No hair, shorts pulled up to their nipples and penny loafers with no socks. They are lining up at every buffet right now for the early bird special.
Posted via Mobile Device

Patriot

Yep you got them pegged. The only way you can tell them apart from Canucks is the Ohioians leave a Quarter tip. Whereas the Canucks try and argue for a 25% discount.

Attention Canucks: When in Rome do as the Romans. Tips are To Insure Proper Service with out spit on your food. If you guys only knew how much Extra spit you have eaten because you don't tip, you would never come to Florida or Early Bird specials. Oh BTW Have A Nice Day Canada.

Landscape Poet
01-30-2011, 01:26 PM
Patriot

Yep you got them pegged. The only way you can tell them apart from Canucks is the Ohioians leave a Quarter tip. Whereas the Canucks try and argue for a 25% discount.

Attention Canucks: When in Rome do as the Romans. Tips are To Insure Proper Service with out spit on your food. If you guys only knew how much Extra spit you have eaten because you don't tip, you would never come to Florida or Early Bird specials. Oh BTW Have A Nice Day Canada.

Truth be known you are just saying these things about our northern friends because they are making your wait at the early bird special longer right?
Posted via Mobile Device

Patriot Services
01-30-2011, 01:49 PM
Truth be known you are just saying these things about our northern friends because they are making your wait at the early bird special longer right?
Posted via Mobile Device

Not sure about Ric. At my favorite steakhouse I have remarked "how many Canadians do I have to beat to get a table"? Any server will tell you their take home is markedly lower during snowbird season.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ric
01-30-2011, 02:08 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Michael

You are just Jealous Because I get the Seniors discount at the Movies. Maybe I should look into Early Bird Special. But I am more Nocturnal and prefer to have late dinners. Besides by going to dinner later in the day the Crowd is gone and the chance of being mistaken as a Canuck who gets extra spit on their steak is much lower. Every where I go the waitress know I tip good but I don't over tip either. If I am in a working class bar I always tip a higher percentage because Drinks are Cheaper.

Patriot Services
01-30-2011, 02:12 PM
And you thought spit-roasted was a cooking technique.
Posted via Mobile Device

Florida Gardener
01-30-2011, 02:24 PM
You guys must deal with the wrong snowbirds. The ones in my area are from NY, NJ, Mass, Conn, etc and they tip just fine. I did work in a higher class joint but my tip average was 19-20%.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ric
01-30-2011, 02:39 PM
You guys must deal with the wrong snowbirds. The ones in my area are from NY, NJ, Mass, Conn, etc and they tip just fine. I did work in a higher class joint but my tip average was 19-20%.
Posted via Mobile Device

Diamond

Location location Location. It might be one state but there are a lot of differences. Traditional the North East goes the South East Coast of Florida to vacation and the Mid west and Canucks come to the Gulf Coast. My son has a degree in Hospitality management from FIU and lives and works on South Beach. His percentage share of the automatic 20% gratuity is more than his base Salary and he make big money before his gratuity perk.

Landscape Poet
01-30-2011, 03:25 PM
Michael

You are just Jealous Because I get the Seniors discount at the Movies .

I am with the price of movies these days
Posted via Mobile Device

Patriot Services
01-30-2011, 04:16 PM
I am with the price of movies these days
Posted via Mobile Device

Just pull up your shorts, pull down your cap, hunch over, shuffle, smack your lips and use words like dadburn, you'll get your discount. Don't forget to wear an AARP t-shirt.
Posted via Mobile Device

Landscape Poet
01-30-2011, 05:00 PM
Just pull up your shorts, pull down your cap, hunch over, shuffle, smack your lips and use words like dadburn, you'll get your discount. Don't forget to wear an AARP t-shirt.
Posted via Mobile Device

And knee high black socks

Patriot Services
01-30-2011, 05:07 PM
And knee high black socks

I vowed long ago to never become "that guy"
Posted via Mobile Device

starry night
01-30-2011, 05:13 PM
I vowed long ago to never become "that guy"
Posted via Mobile Device

That guy.:laugh:
It reminds me about this episode and I swear it is true. My son and daughter were helping me one summer day. We saw a guy about 60-years-old who was working in his yard. I kid you not....he was wearing a straw hat, white collared short sleeve shirt, white shorts, black knee high socks, and brown oxford shoes.
I told my kids, "If I ever dress like that, just ship me to "the home."

Patriot Services
01-30-2011, 05:19 PM
The "home" where you'll wax on about the good old days.
Posted via Mobile Device

Landscape Poet
01-30-2011, 05:19 PM
That guy.:laugh:
It reminds me about this episode and I swear it is true. My son and daughter were helping me one summer day. We saw a guy about 60-years-old who was working in his yard. I kid you not....he was wearing a straw hat, white collared short sleeve shirt, white shorts, black knee high socks, and brown oxford shoes.
I told my kids, "If I ever dress like that, just ship me to "the home."

Most likely one of the snowbirds from your area that had picked up some fashion tips when he was down here.

Ric
01-30-2011, 07:53 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

No need for all the above. If you are over 40 just tell the 16 yr old kid in the ticket booth you are a senior. To them a 40 year old is over the hill and they won't think twice about selling a senior discount ticket.

As for some of wardrobe items I see seniors here in Florida wearing. Well just shoot me if I ever wear any crap like that.

Landscape Poet
01-30-2011, 08:04 PM
As for some of wardrobe items I see seniors here in Florida wearing. Well just shoot me if I ever wear any crap like that.

Come on Ric, you know that when you are not out working you are sporting tommy bahama shirts, khaki shorts, and white tennis shows with velcro and black knee high socks.

Except when you get dressed up in your Sunday besthttp://i1.trekearth.com/photos/30568/bermuda_shorts.jpg

Ric
01-30-2011, 08:38 PM
Come on Ric, you know that when you are not out working you are sporting tommy bahama shirts, khaki shorts, and white tennis shows with velcro and black knee high socks.

Except when you get dressed up in your Sunday besthttp://i1.trekearth.com/photos/30568/bermuda_shorts.jpg

Michael

Let Gregory or Fl Landscape tell you I am 135 pound and 5'5" tall with a 29 inch waist line. I also have black hair with some Salt. I walk up right with a quick step and most people guess me in my 50's. I never have worn Glasses and my last eye exam the doctor (BTW a Customer) told me make the next appointment in two years. I credit myself as having excellent DNA. Oh and I take no meds other than an occasional aspirin. You should be so lucky.

Now I will admit this time last year I was dating a 29 year old who wore me out and I had to break if off. Tubing down the river in the morning, BBQ in the afternoon with Keg and then the after party when the Bars closed was Too much for me. I could hang for a day or so but not all week long.

Yo In Edit let me add.

The other day before going to my old Nursery Fl landscape and I were in Wally World. On the way out we ran into a bar owner who was super friendly. In fact he was so friendly I had to ask (in front of FL) if I was still Barred from his place for throwing some smart azz over his bar last year at age 69. All is forgiven and he agreed the guy deserved what he got.

Landscape Poet
01-30-2011, 08:49 PM
Michael

Let Gregory or Fl Landscape tell you I am 135 pound and 5'5" tall with a 29 inch waist line. I also have black hair with some Salt. I walk up right with a quick step and most people guess me in my 50's. I never have worn Glasses and my last eye exam the doctor (BTW a Customer) told me make the next appointment in two years. I credit myself as having excellent DNA. Oh and I take no meds other than an occasional aspirin. You should be so lucky.

Now I will admit this time last year I was dating a 29 year old who wore me out and I had to break if off. Tubing down the river in the morning, BBQ in the afternoon with Keg and then the after party when the Bars closed was Too much for me. I could hang for a day or so but not all week long.

Yo In Edit let me add.

The other day before going to my old Nursery Fl landscape and I were in Wally World. On the way out we ran into a bar owner who was super friendly. In fact he was so friendly I had to ask (in front of FL) if I was still Barred from his place for throwing some smart azz over his bar last year at age 69. All is forgiven and he agreed the guy deserved what he got.

That is good to hear ric. Must be the fountain of youth down here. I have ran into several guys in the green industry down here that are much younger looking that they appear to be. I talked to a guy this summer on the way out of neighborhood who was doing the common areas about his mower. After talking for awhile he told me he was 74!!! I about fell over because I would not put this guy a day over 55. Not what you typically think guys who are in the sun all day look like.

Cboy7
01-31-2011, 03:27 PM
I also feel super special that we get our own forums.yeeeeeeeeeeooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowww