PDA

View Full Version : I need grass to cut, sick of leaves...

BINKY1902
01-29-2011, 03:48 AM
Been kinda slow the past few weeks, got all the leaves already for my normal customers, sick and tired of leaves. I figured I'd take it easy a few days next week and maybe go hunting a couple of days. Well, out of the blue I pick up five new cleanup jobs from new customers for next week, all called in the last two days. One is a 12 acre property, and they want the leaves mulched on the entire 12 acres! Guess I better get it in gear. I don't know about you guys but I'm ready for the growing season, I freaking hate leaves. Every time somebody calls about a leaf cleanup I feel like saying I'm no longer in business..lol. The dang money sure is good with leaves though, just rather be watching that grass coming out of the chute!

BadRancher
01-29-2011, 07:18 AM
I agree, I'm ready to do a lot of sneezing and cutting. I have no problems with the leaves because I like the money, but I'm probably not getting as much as you either.

Jpocket
01-29-2011, 08:19 AM
The grass is under a few feet of snow here...

Tyner Lawn Service
01-29-2011, 10:06 AM
Been kinda slow the past few weeks, got all the leaves already for my normal customers, sick and tired of leaves. I figured I'd take it easy a few days next week and maybe go hunting a couple of days. Well, out of the blue I pick up five new cleanup jobs from new customers for next week, all called in the last two days. One is a 12 acre property, and they want the leaves mulched on the entire 12 acres! Guess I better get it in gear. I don't know about you guys but I'm ready for the growing season, I freaking hate leaves. Every time somebody calls about a leaf cleanup I feel like saying I'm no longer in business..lol. The dang money sure is good with leaves though, just rather be watching that grass coming out of the chute!

I'd be glad sneezing instead of looking at snow. :)

jaybow
01-29-2011, 12:22 PM
Im tired of the snow blowing, and im not fond of leaves either. But its all part of the business. What state are you in that your still cleaning up leaves. Whats a person charge for mulching 12 acres of leaves. Thats gotta be some hours on the mowers. how many passes? 2 or 3 im guessing. So how much would it be to mulch all that? I have a number in my head but am curious to how much im off. Im in the city and have never worked properties like that.

cvcook
01-29-2011, 12:35 PM
what's snow?..........oh yea, it's that white stuff you guys up north talk about :laugh:

QualityLawnCare4u
01-29-2011, 03:03 PM
H*ll, I would be happy right now with leaves, grass, mulch install, shrub trimming, washing a car, babysitting or ANYTHING it is so dead here right now and I am so broke!

cvcook
01-29-2011, 03:34 PM
H*ll, I would be happy right now with leaves, grass, mulch install, shrub trimming, washing a car, babysitting or ANYTHING it is so dead here right now and I am so broke!

Do you not prune trees?