PDA

View Full Version : Turf Tiger vs Cheetah

4 seasons lawn&land
01-29-2011, 06:00 PM
Strange lineup Scag has now. Seems like they are competeing with themselves at the top of the line. Im not sure I would buy a Scag but I would like a 2nd mower. I like the super fast Cheetah but the Tigers underneath gas tank is a way better set up.

soloscaperman
01-29-2011, 06:27 PM
I am looking at a backup mower and looking at Scags and bobcats. I hav seen less and less scags in CT for some odd reason.

4 seasons lawn&land
01-29-2011, 06:41 PM
whats plan B?

350yddr
01-29-2011, 08:26 PM
I hear you, I understand the concept behind the Cheetah, fast and smooth. But, to me the Turf Tiger is the LCO high productivity benchmark. It's professional, built like a tank, does everything well, peace of mind kind of machine. Come spring, I think our money is on the Turf Tiger. Good luck.

brianslawncare
01-29-2011, 08:37 PM
i have a turf tiger and love it. but my exmark turf tracer stripes better and i dont have a stripper kit for anything.

oldclawn
01-29-2011, 09:03 PM
Your Tiger has an advantage deck--the Velocity deck stripes a lot better. Stripes are overrated--and the difference between any of the machines striping ability is totally neglible within 48 hours of mowing. Mow it clean--move on--striping takes a lot more time.

350yddr
01-29-2011, 09:29 PM
Yeah, we have a Turf Tracer too awesome WB. Thought about a stander, but, we need to use a Trac Vac for leaves, and the TT does slopes a stander could not. Reason for the Cheetah/Turf Tiger debate got a contract for a school system 13 sites, total of 114 acres.

freshcut419
01-29-2011, 09:54 PM
I am looking at a backup mower and looking at Scags and bobcats. I hav seen less and less scags in CT for some odd reason.

Not as many scags in my area either .I used to have one. I will not buy another one either .. That is why I think they are going away.My lawn mower dealer said there suck to deal with on support for them.