PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Hustler Super Z Videos

Thunderhead
01-30-2011, 02:33 AM
Are there any out there yet?

Hustler sure needs to get on board with putting videos up on Youtube! (hint, hint)

(((Wouldn't hurt for them to completely redesign their website either!)))

Jason Rose
01-30-2011, 11:02 AM
They would have to have someone full time doing the website and uploading videos because they change so much on their mowers every year, discontinue machines, build ones that will never sell... preaching how their deck cuts the best ever in the world then 2 years later admitting that that deck was crap and they now have a "new" deck that cuts the best in the world. Another thing that's funny is that they are built here in kansas, not far from me, and their "factory rep" that's on this site is from new york! Excuse me? Why is that? He's a looong way from the factory to know what's really going on.

I think the factory videos from ANY manufacturer are a joke anyway. 99% of the time they don't show any real world cutting or conditions we deal with from week to week. They usually show a guy in slacks and dress shirt rolling slowly over already manicured turf that's been sprayed with water to make it and the tires glisten in the light.

Show me a video of a real life mowing crew running the mowers over a normal lawn. Show the machine getting dirty, show the mess. Show how it discharges the grass for real. show machines that have hundreds of hours on them. The grass catchers too.

Clark Griswold
01-30-2011, 12:27 PM
Show me a video of a real life mowing crew running the mowers over a normal lawn. Show the machine getting dirty, show the mess. Show how it discharges the grass for real. show machines that have hundreds of hours on them. The grass catchers too.

That is funny, you never see any grass being cut on the factory VIDS!

I guess if they showed real world mowing and what a mess they make they wouldn't sell any!

Thunderhead
01-30-2011, 02:56 PM
They would have to have someone full time doing the website and uploading videos because they change so much on their mowers every year, discontinue machines, build ones that will never sell... preaching how their deck cuts the best ever in the world then 2 years later admitting that that deck was crap and they now have a "new" deck that cuts the best in the world. Another thing that's funny is that they are built here in kansas, not far from me, and their "factory rep" that's on this site is from new york! Excuse me? Why is that? He's a looong way from the factory to know what's really going on.

I think the factory videos from ANY manufacturer are a joke anyway. 99% of the time they don't show any real world cutting or conditions we deal with from week to week. They usually show a guy in slacks and dress shirt rolling slowly over already manicured turf that's been sprayed with water to make it and the tires glisten in the light.

I agree with you about the "factory Videos." That's with ANY manufacturer. They're all like that (and needs to change).

However, I strongly disagree with you about Hustler's factory rep. here on lawnsite (Pj, AKA "mowerconsultant") not knowing what's going on. You can take my word on it that he's on top of things. Have you ever had any dealings with him?? I have.
For people that are aware of "mowerconsultant" being on the internet, he is their "go to" person for Hustler.
He KNOWS his job and definately stays on top of things. And even though i'm sure his job is a big headache at times, he is SUPER nice.
So far, I personally can't say enough good about him.

Thunderhead
01-30-2011, 02:57 PM
That is funny, you never see any grass being cut on the factory VIDS!

I guess if they showed real world mowing and what a mess they make they wouldn't sell any!

LOL!! I guess you got a point there.:laugh:

Jason Rose
01-30-2011, 03:42 PM
I don't have anything against PJ, mowerconsultant, its just that I don't understand why their factory rep that represents hustler as a company is a thousand miles from where they are built. Seems that people would be better benefited by a rep that actually works directly in house, someone that could talk face to face with the engineering department about problems that arise and that could see immediately what new changes are being made. I know there is a big shroud of secrecy with hustler, as I'd guess is the same with many manufacturers towards new models and proprietary things that they don't want out until they get them patented...

I wad talking to my dealer mechanic here who got to tour the factory. He said security was VERY tight, you couldn't even drive your own vehicle onto the factory parking lot. No cameras or even cell phones (since they all have cameras) were allowed in. He found out why, as I already knew, is because of how many competitor machines they have in their facility to copy off of. Its not good PR to be seen copying others. I'm sure they all do this though...

I'd be interested in seeing just how many models hustler has made in the last 15 to 20 years that they have discontinued after the first year or two because of major problems. I know there's a bunch! I don't see this with others nearly as much...

Back to the factory rep online, at least there is one though. Exmark has been hit and miss with lawnsite (which is the largest green industry forum online by far). Toro finally came on board (yeah same as exmark other than the decks). Grasshopper has never participated that I know of either... There are others on here but I don't follow them as they are brands that aren't available where I live.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thunderhead
01-30-2011, 04:31 PM
I don't have anything against PJ, mowerconsultant, its just that I don't understand why their factory rep that represents hustler as a company is a thousand miles from where they are built. Seems that people would be better benefited by a rep that actually works directly in house, someone that could talk face to face with the engineering department about problems that arise and that could see immediately what new changes are being made. I know there is a big shroud of secrecy with hustler, as I'd guess is the same with many manufacturers towards new models and proprietary things that they don't want out until they get them patented...

I wad talking to my dealer mechanic here who got to tour the factory. He said security was VERY tight, you couldn't even drive your own vehicle onto the factory parking lot. No cameras or even cell phones (since they all have cameras) were allowed in. He found out why, as I already knew, is because of how many competitor machines they have in their facility to copy off of. Its not good PR to be seen copying others. I'm sure they all do this though...

I'd be interested in seeing just how many models hustler has made in the last 15 to 20 years that they have discontinued after the first year or two because of major problems. I know there's a bunch! I don't see this with others nearly as much...

Back to the factory rep online, at least there is one though. Exmark has been hit and miss with lawnsite (which is the largest green industry forum online by far). Toro finally came on board (yeah same as exmark other than the decks). Grasshopper has never participated that I know of either... There are others on here but I don't follow them as they are brands that aren't available where I live.
Posted via Mobile Device

I can see where you're coming from, but with so many people on the computer/internet these days, maybe it IS a rep's JOB to be on the "computer/internet" full time. Maybe that's what the company/manufacturer pays them for? ( to take care of things on THIS business end)

Mowerconsultant, and even Gravely Rep, seem to be doing a heck of a job at it too.

mowerconsultant
01-30-2011, 05:32 PM

Hi Jason,
Your dealers mechanic must of been thinking of a different factory....
Our parking lots don't have security.. they are wide open...
Security getting into buildings is standard with any other factory, no guards or anything here...
Here is a view on Bing Maps, its about 5 years outdated but the parking lots and all are still the same..

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=qbp8196wf60h&lvl=17&dir=0&sty=b&where1=67062%2C%20KS&q=67062

We give public tours every week... in fact you should come take a tour, let me know and I will set it up for you, just email me.
To my knowledge we don't take cell phones or cameras from anyone.. in fact when we host events cameras are snapping pics all over...
Now there are non public areas of engineering and testing areas... nothing out of the norm though...
As to having competitors machines... all mfg's do this, nothing new.. in fact the larger red and green companies do this extensively...

Go to this site adn you can view factory videos and see a lay out of the factory > http://www.hustlerturf.com/manufacturing-premium-commercial-and-residential-lawn-equipment.html

Pj

DCT
03-10-2011, 10:18 PM
I saw some factory videos on you-tube last night, 60" super z and 54" x-one

kilgoja
03-11-2011, 12:23 AM
i worked at a Honda car factory for 6 years....they had security and no cameras were allowed but trust me...nothing important or secretive goes on there at all...all of that stuff happens somewhere else...in a "secret" location lol...by the time we worked on a new model the public had already seen what it looked like pretty much...you think they are gonna trust workers?...no way...the real secrets are buried somewhere over in japan lol....as for hustler who knows?....but it's not going on at the factory where they are built...that would be too easy for people to figure out lol