PDA

View Full Version : Bob Cat. Good and Bad please

Lurch01
01-30-2011, 07:59 AM
I plan on buying 2 Bob cats in 10 days

2 Classic Pro Walk Behinds. one in 32 inch so I can get in the back yards and one 48 inch. I can walk out with both for $5,500.

What experience have you had with these please?

ShooterK2
01-30-2011, 09:27 AM
I can't really speak for the belt-driven Classic Pro models, but I do have a Bob-Cat hydro model with the Z-Controls, and I really like it. Now, I bought it near the end of last season, so it only has about 20 hours on it or so, so I can't speak about longetivity issues. The main reason I bought it was for the controls. But I believe it is the same deck that is on your Classic Pros, and I can tell you, I'm very happy with the way it cuts thick Bermuda (which is almost all we have here). And I haven't tried any blades other than the factory ones. Works for me. We'll see how it does in Spring growth pretty soon.

Scott's Lawn Maintenance
01-30-2011, 11:16 AM
You will not be disappointed , I have a older 32in walk behind that still runs and cuts great , perfect for those small gated backyards. As far as the 48in goes you may want to look into a hydro unit which will be alot easier to handle then gear drive.

BadRancher
01-30-2011, 11:51 AM
I have an older 48" belt drive. Its has a 14hp Kawi and is still kicking.

SouthSide Cutter
01-30-2011, 02:01 PM
Have a 48 Hydro. Cuts good and stripes nice. Clumps in wet and thick grass. Its for sale has less than 20hrs on it.