PDA

View Full Version : 2010 61" Toro Grandstand: Anybody have one?

RodneyK
01-30-2011, 02:29 PM
After weeding through the search I didn't really find too much on this unit. I purchased one and can't wait for Spring to give it a mow. In the meantime does anyone have one and are you willing to take the time to share your thoughts about it such as: how it cuts, speed, quirks, does it scalp easily and or anything else?

sjessen
01-30-2011, 02:36 PM
After weeding through the search I didn't really find too much on this unit. I purchased one and can't wait for Spring to give it a mow. In the meantime does anyone have one and are you willing to take the time to share your thoughts about it such as: how it cuts, speed, quirks, does it scalp easily and or anything else?

Hope you will keep us posted on your new unit. Have wondered about scalping as well. Btw, what is the going price on this mower?

Thanks.

robertsturf
01-30-2011, 03:15 PM
I stood on one at the GIE but have never seen one at any of our dealers. I'm not sure I would purchase one without demo-ing one. Just my opinion. I'm not saying they're not a good machine as we have 3 GS's but they are the 52" variety.

RodneyK
01-30-2011, 04:27 PM
I do not know what one of these is new. I bought a demo from a dealer with 88 hours and full warranty.

I "paid" $7,000 although I am not so sure you can go by that either as I traded in a Kubota F3680 and also received a 52" demo Grandstand. I haggled more on the trade and the 52" and give in a bit on the 60". It is a 60" and not a 61" as I stated in the thread title. I avoided sales tax as it was a trade in, so that weighed in on the deal also.

Yeah, wish I could have cut some with it but winter has a grip on us. I am hoping I like it as much as the 52" Grandstand I used last year. I am hoping I did not make a bad move here.

BigDreamsLawn&Landscapes
01-30-2011, 05:09 PM
A friend of mine had a Toro Grandstand for a while. I used it a couple times but I ended up not being a big fan. Some people love them some people not so much. Being a stander I did not like the platform and being a little heavier (225 lb.) it wanted to bring the from end off the ground.

grassman177
01-30-2011, 05:27 PM
A friend of mine had a Toro Grandstand for a while. I used it a couple times but I ended up not being a big fan. Some people love them some people not so much. Being a stander I did not like the platform and being a little heavier (225 lb.) it wanted to bring the from end off the ground.

i have that problem, of course i am working on changing that but will still prob end up at your weight.:laugh:

i am going to get weights on the front. have not decided on toro factory or my own hand made in very similar fashion. with this one small issue, i could not find any other reason NOT to choose it over the 2010 model fixed wright stander. however, it is new so we will find out. they are awefully confident on they warranties to make the investment an easier decision to make. it is less risk in somebodies eyes.

fobaum
01-30-2011, 09:51 PM
I'm thinking of getting a 60'' GS too, I'd like to know about scalping also and maneuverability vs.48'' 52'' etc..

N_Greenscapes
01-31-2011, 12:41 PM
The company I used to work for had 52" and 60" gs'. Both were great machines, they had their own issues, but none the less great mowers. I was able to put about 600 hours on both of them. As far as scalping, the 52" was almost non-existent, but the 60" wasn't bad though. We had good luck with running the scalp wheels a little higher than advised. The real wide base of the rear wheels really helps the scalping issue as well. They are awesome mowers, imo. I think you'll like it. Smooth and fast.

Tall Rider
01-31-2011, 12:57 PM
For the 2011 60" whats the red panel that sits on top of the fuel tank? Any one know?

delphied
01-31-2011, 04:25 PM
Funny thing. I have a 48 Grandstand and I weigh 220. Only time i can get it to raise the front end is when Im going up a very steep slope and I just lean my upper body forward to take care of it. I am; however, a very talented operator.

lifetree
01-31-2011, 10:56 PM
Funny thing. I have a 48 Grandstand and I weigh 220. Only time i can get it to raise the front end is when Im going up a very steep slope and I just lean my upper body forward to take care of it. I am; however, a very talented operator.

A good dose of common sense helps too !!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

fobaum
02-18-2011, 08:35 AM
Any other 60'' grandstand owners can testify how well they maneuver, scalp alot more than a 52'' etc.. I just ordered a 60'' grandstand a couple of days ago and I'm worried about scalping.. any info on 60'' GS would be appreciated.

RodneyK
02-18-2011, 08:50 AM
Apparently not a lot of these units in use. Congrats on the new purchase. Curious, what did a brand new one run you?

Hopefully the anti-scalps on this unit do their job.

fobaum
02-18-2011, 09:29 AM
7750.+tax I figured why get a 52'' when i could get a 60'' for 400. more plus the 60'' has a bigger gas tank and anti-scalp wheels. even though i only have 7 accounts 1-1-1/2 acres i figured bigger deck finish faster= more money? and I could do front lawns w/ 60'' back yards w/ 34'' phazer I got...I really hope I don't regret not getting the 52'' :confused::confused:

fobaum
02-18-2011, 09:32 AM
By the way Thanks for the reply rodneyK