PDA

View Full Version : Fun Home Depot Story

JeremySkrocki
09-05-2002, 09:46 PM
The local home depot recently did inventory, and as part of the inventory they had to red tag what they inventored with thier names on the tags, so some employees in the lawn and garden department got the brilliant idea to put funny saying on the tags, and apparently got a little out of control and put some derogetory things on the tags and a Home Depot Exec. showed up and did a walk thru and when he saw the tags he fired the entire lawn and Garden department and the store manager.

Some details may be off, cause I go the stiory second hand but I thought it was funny enouht to share.:D :D

Jeremy
Clean Cut Landscaping

Bob Minney
09-06-2002, 12:15 AM
- he probably did them a favor

cat320
09-06-2002, 09:29 PM
Yea they are on there way to Lowes garden center.lol

The Mowerdude
09-06-2002, 10:50 PM
One thing is for sure. If they thought that it was anything OTHER than just having fun, I'm sure they wouldn't have done it. No one really wants to get fired, even if the job sux.

But that's so typical of a management person with absolutely no reasonableness. That's why I'm so glad I run my own business.

JeremySkrocki
09-11-2002, 05:50 PM
The stire was open when this happened, so alot of people saw the tags and some had derogatory comments on them, so I can see the side of the Exec. If the place was closed and only employees were seeing the tags than no harm done, but with customers in the store, is a little out of hand.

dlandscaping
09-11-2002, 08:49 PM
The exec over did it. If these employees had any knowledge of lawn and garden he shouldnt have done it. He could have warned them or something. Around here the guys work in plumbing one day and lawns the next. My neighbor once worked there he didnt know what a wrench was and still doesnt.

TurfGuyTX
09-11-2002, 10:35 PM
I probably shouldn't have written on those tags. I didn't mean to get them fired.:D Just kidding. It does sound overboard, but we don't know if they were knowledgeable or good employees as a whole.